Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marilyn Pregnant In Some Like It Hot
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn Trivia
zarabell
Was marilyn pregnant in some like it hot movie ,if so how many months was she ?
Tara
She became pregnant as filming started in August 1959, but miscarried in December.
Charli
She was more than half way through the pregnancy...then she lost the baby.
Very sad...it was a boy by the way...
Robby
It always suprises me, how did they know it was a boy? I've read it many times, but I never found out how they knew it.
Tara
Well if it's true, then at four, five months the baby would have been fully formed. So the doctors would have been able to tell the sex of the dead child when he/she was removed from the womb. Miscarriages can be devastating, especially so late in a pregnancy - and even earlier, too. It is like a death, and its effect is still not fully understood. I once heard that Marilyn remembered the anniversaries of all her unborn children. I think the repeated miscarriages really disturbed her emotional wellbeing during that time.
JanCollector
Another trivia note: She miscarried because the pregnancy was fallopian (instead of developing in the uterus, the child was growing inside the fallopian tube, which connects the uterus and the ovary). It was doomed from the start.
hmurphy
marilyn also suffered chronic endometrious...i too have the condition...and i heard that she did go in for corrective surgery for the condition several times but back then it probably wasnt as effective....the condition is very painful and does cause complications with getting pregnant and carrying full term...thankfully ive had mine corrected and there shouldnt be any problems...but i guess its kind of a small thing that marilyn and i share.....
Tara
I'm glad you were able to overcome it Holly. I wonder if Marilyn could have been helped by today's treatments for endomietriosis.
hmurphy
i think she would of stood a better chance today than she did then....
Charli
QUOTE(JanCollector @ Jun 8 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]106821[/snapback]
Another trivia note: She miscarried because the pregnancy was fallopian (instead of developing in the uterus, the child was growing inside the fallopian tube, which connects the uterus and the ovary). It was doomed from the start.

I don't think her pregnancy in 1958 was caused by that....I don't think that a feotus could even survive the 3 month mark inside a fallopian tube! bye1.gif
To my knowledge, it was a "normal" pregnancy..but Marilyn just experienced so many complications whenever she was pregnant. no.gif
Paju
The SLIH pregnancy wasn't fallopian, but the 1957 one was.
Tara
I agree Paju. The 1958 pregnancy was not fallopian, but undoubtedly Marilyn's endometriosis contributed to the miscarriage. Marilyn learned of her pregnancy as she started filming SLIH. She wanted to back out of the movie then, but it was too late. What is most shocking is that she was still being prescribed sedatives, even while pregnant. I guess this reflects the ignorance of the time about the effects of drugs on unborn babies. Marilyn did not take any pills at first, but her insomnia made it impossible for her to work without them. The stress of filming while pregnant led to her being hospitalised for a week.

Marilyn was also rumoured to have miscarried while filming The Prince And The Showgirl in 1956. If this is correct, then she had 3 miscarriages in 2 years (including the fallopian pregnancy from 1957.)
SAiKARO
it's so sad to hear about marilyn's miscarriages. they are so devastating and she kept having them. she just wanted to be a mom. :(
Lauren Michele
throb.gif Holly, I want to wish you the best of luck if you are indeed trying now for a child and for your future plans....Lauren M.

Charli, I just want to say to you, you most definately are very knowledgable about alot of topics and a very compassionate person also. throb.gif Some people are born compassionate, some experience loss and they understand pain and grief. To be your age (compliment), and how sweet you are, and smart, is a gift. I hope you never change in this crazy world of ours....Maybe Australia is a great place to be? laugh.gif Love, Lauren Michele.
purple-haze
clapping.gif
Young
Marilyn would have been a great mother. I'm positive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.