Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question...what Made Eunice.........
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's mysterious death > General discussion
Lauren Michele
What made Eunice check on Marilyn at 3:00 like she said she did. That info just came from the documentary of 48 HOURS. Eunice claimed she wanted to check on Marilyn at 3:00 a.m. Marilyn was a grown girl. Am I missing something here? It just happens Eunice checked on her and she was not alive. Now, I don't know if this was a nightly ritual...does someone know this information? Then I heard a story from Eunice on another documentary right after midnight she noticed something wrong and checked on Marilyn around midnight. Has anyone else heard these conflicting stories from Eunice.

The last night Marilyn was alive, according to Eunice, one version is Marilyn turned in and said something to the affect "I'm turning in Eunice, goodnight". Nothing out of the ordinary. Eunice is very suspicious. Lauren Michele

Oh, and by 3:00 a.m., wasn't the authorities or Dr. Greenson there? She did say 3:00 a.m.
Tara
Even though I don't think Marilyn was murdered, I do not believe the 3am story. I think Marilyn probably died between 9-10 pm the previous night. Mrs Murray had been asked to stay the night because of Marilyn's great distress earlier that day. Dr Greenson may still have considered her to be a suicide risk, although she appeared to have calmed down. After all, Marilyn had a history of overdoses, the last one only a week before.

Marilyn's lawyer, Milt Rudin, called that evening and asked Eunice to check that Marilyn was OK, because Peter Lawford had spoken to her and was worried that she might be overdosing. At that point, I think Mrs Murray probably just went to the door and decided she must be asleep. But after that she became worried - perhaps because the light was still on, or she couldn't get a response.

Then I think she must have gone into the bedroom and found Marilyn either dead or dying. I would think Eunice panicked and called Dr Greenson. Dr Greenson arrived, and Dr Engleberg followed. They tried to revive Marilyn without success, and probably then called Lawford. It's possible that they then searched the house for any evidence of her relationship with the Kennedys. While I don't believe the Kennedys had any direct part in her death, they would not have wanted the world to know of their entanglement with the late Marilyn Monroe. Finally they called the police, telling them that Marilyn had been found dead shortly before, at around 3am.
Lauren Michele
Well Tara your theory makes sense to me. I didn't know that Marilyn, only one week prior, had overdosed or was suicidal. That would make sense as to why Eunice would check on Marilyn if Mr. Rudin had asked her to. I know the telephone, I believe, was inside Marilyn's room. I don't think she had her own phone jack, the phone was stretched to Marilyn's bedroom I remember learning long ago. I may be wrong. Well, thank you Tara for the info. I have a different perspective about the night of the 4th. Lauren M.
charmedadvances
QUOTE(Lauren Michele @ May 21 2006, 05:36 AM) [snapback]105159[/snapback]
What made Eunice check on Marilyn at 3:00 like she said she did. That info just came from the documentary of 48 HOURS. Eunice claimed she wanted to check on Marilyn at 3:00 a.m. Marilyn was a grown girl.

I agree totally with you. I think that Eunice had something to do with, or at least knew something was going on and acted like she was "checking on her". Did you also hear about the other wierd thing that Eunice did? She started washing marilyn's sheets at like 3:45 in the morning. I heard that on another documentary. Now honestly, who really washes sheets at 3:45 in the morning. I never liked Eunice anyway. =/ It's a shame Marilyn had to die. no.gif
purple-haze
QUOTE(charmedadvances @ Jul 10 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]109260[/snapback]
I agree totally with you. I think that Eunice had something to do with, or at least knew something was going on and acted like she was "checking on her". Did you also hear about the other wierd thing that Eunice did? She started washing marilyn's sheets at like 3:45 in the morning. I heard that on another documentary. Now honestly, who really washes sheets at 3:45 in the morning. I never liked Eunice anyway. =/ It's a shame Marilyn had to die. no.gif

exactly i mean, all of the world stopped what they were doing when they heard marilyn had passed away, so how the hell would she be able to function being in the same house as her, or even finding her....

not just because of her superstar status either, i think if anyone found another person dead, it would disturb them,...
Frances
I think she got up for some reason, maybe she had to go to the washroom or something, and I think she noticed that Marilyn's room light was still on and she thought this was odd so she went and checked on her only because of this, at least that is what she said once in an interview.
Lauren Michele
Yes, I agree, I think it was because of Marilyn's light being still on. throb.gif .......Lauren Michele
capricornangel
QUOTE(Frances @ Jul 22 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]109981[/snapback]
I think she got up for some reason, maybe she had to go to the washroom or something, and I think she noticed that Marilyn's room light was still on and she thought this was odd so she went and checked on her only because of this, at least that is what she said once in an interview.

I agree with you Frances thats what I was thinking as well although the whiole story is cloudy and questionable such as the washing of the sheets at a completly absurd hour but then again that was one strange night..and I guess we will never really known the true story of what exactly happened no.gif
brandonheidrick
But Marilyn had just installed white carpeting in her bedroom, from India I believe, and it was so plush that the door was hard to open and close without a little force. The door rubbed the carpet (it was due to have a 1/2 inch trimmed from the bottom.)

I doubt very little if any light could escape under the door ... when questioned about that, Mrs. Murray said it was not a light under the door but rather seeing the phone chord from the living room across the hall and into Marilyn's room under the door that disturbed her ... she figured Marilyn would not want the phone in her room at 12 am because she needed her rest. Mrs. Murray's story on the light and chord under the door changed a couple times, as did her story on the time of discovering Marilyn's body.

Jack Clemmons said that Mrs. Murray acted very bizarre for a woman who had just discovered the dead body of her employer/friend. She hovered around nervously watching everything the police did, and her reaction was more like one of a criminal that was afraid of getting caught than that of someone in true distress or dispair.

She came and went back and forth across the crime scene itself ... as did both of Marilyn's doctors ... which is a HUGE NO NO ... such a risk of contamination and/or destruction of evidence. And as the police looked at the bedroom, she went about the rest of the house putting things in order and such.

Regardless of who they were, that scene should have been secured until a ruling was made.

Anyway, to be washing sheets at 3 in the morning with a dead body across the house ... that just seems freaky if you ask me. But maybe that was how she chose to handle grief and being upset ... keeping her hands doing something so that her mind would not be completely on what was happening around her.

Think of soldiers who read books while bombs go off all around them ... sometimes you have to do something in the "norm" to make an unreal and unbelievable situation a little more bearable.

But let's not forget that the bedroom and body were definately staged and tampered. The body had been moved and repositioned ... the pills lined neatly up, and Greenson said as though rehearsed, "She must have taken all of these ..." and pointed to the pill bottles.

Some say that perhaps Marilyn did overdose and made a horrible mess, as overdoses tend to do ... and perhaps Murray out of compassion or whatever you want to call it, cleaned Marilyn up and then cleaned up her bedroom as well ... sheets included ... so that no one would see Marilyn in such an ugly sad state ...

Who knows. All I can say is, I don't believe a darn word Eunice said ... she changed her story too many times and by the end she would have said aliens killed Marilyn if it would have gotten her the attention and money she wanted.
Lauren Michele
Brandon, yes, I remember long ago learning it was the phone inside of Marilyn's room that drew Ms. Murray to Marilyn's door. I had forgotton of that. I never learned of the carpeting though. You brought up some good points. Mrs. Murray's behavior is very questionable with me. Yet, I have not walked in her shoes too. You brought up how one might grieve differently. Or rather one might grieve strangely even. She never should have been allowed back in Marilyn's room when the authorities arrived. I can't believe they let her?

Perhaps the washing of the sheets like you mentioned "was" the only way Mrs. Murray could deal with the shock. I can imagine there must have been vomit and a mess and maybe you raised a good point that possibly Mrs. Murray wanted to clean the room and Marilyn and the odor that was there before the camera's got there. In case of papparazzi's.

I wonder what Jack Clemmons meant when he said Mrs. Murray was acting bazarre. Nervously. Police are pretty good, in my opinion, of noticing behaviors of wittnesses. .......Lauren Michele
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.