Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Have A Difficult Question (please Don't Think Ill Of Me)
Everlasting Star Community > The experts' lounge > Marilyn's mysterious death > General discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Lauren Michele
On the most recent documentary here in the States the narrator mentioned there could be a final way to end the question of how did Marilyn die. That would be to exume (sorry) her body, and do tests. I don't know how I feel about it. Let her rest in peace?

It was on "The Marilyn Tapes". There wasn't a long debate about the discussion. I feel guilty for asking this question. I just wanted to know how you feel? mellow.gif

Lauren M.
zarabell
QUOTE(Lauren Michele @ Apr 29 2006, 05:39 AM) [snapback]104128[/snapback]
On the most recent documentary here in the States the narrator mentioned there could be a final way to end the question of how did Marilyn die. That would be to exume (sorry) her body, and do tests. I don't know how I feel about it. Let her rest in peace?

It was on "The Marilyn Tapes". There wasn't a long debate about the discussion. I feel guilty for asking this question. I just wanted to know how you feel? mellow.gif

Lauren M.

hi i think it would be right to let her rest in peace now .
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(zarabell @ Apr 29 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]104162[/snapback]
hi i think it would be right to let her rest in peace now .

Thanks Bee. I think the question is hard to answer or taboo and people want to not think about it WHICH I understand 100%. I wouln't have asked if it were not on the documentary. no.gif ....Lauren Michele.
Tara
A difficult question for me, because I'm really not sure what a new inquiry would achieve. So many of those involved in the case are now dead. Whatever the outcome, people will always question it.

However I would move heaven and earth to get Marilyn away from Hugh Hefner ...
Lauren Michele
Oh Tara, he will be next to her until the end of the Earth. I just learned that maybe 6 months ago? He is a pervert to me. Every time I see that mans face I get nauseated. He took all that money off of Marilyn's and forget it.....He doesn't deserve to be at rest next to our Marilyn.

A new autopsy I suppose by a "trusted" fresh Coroner? I don't know who the narrator suggested on the show. I would not want someone who is still alive to go near her because what if she was murdered (only speculating here)...they would not be honest out of fear I would think.

Thanks for writing back........Lauren M.

Oh and Hugh Hefner bragged on the 48 Hours show how Marilyn launched his empire. So doesn't he have relatives to rest in peace next to! I am rambling I know.
purple-haze
QUOTE(Tara @ May 1 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]104313[/snapback]
A difficult question for me, because I'm really not sure what a new inquiry would achieve. So many of those involved in the case are now dead. Whatever the outcome, people will always question it.

However I would move heaven and earth to get Marilyn away from Hugh Hefner ...

i agree, i duno whats up with that man, three girlfriends at once and all that, thoes girls must be dumb, or desperate for a good life...

i think the fact he will be next to her, makes marilyn seem cheap and like one of his little sl*t girls..... no.gif
Frances
I like this topic. My first thought would be that they should exume her body and find out once and for all the truth so if there was fowl play then those responsible will be held accountable . . . I am so tierd of people using Marilyn and thinking they can get away with it. On the other hand I say let her rest in peace because I highly doubt that if they did find out for sure that anyone would be held responsible, especially if it turns out the goverment was involved, they would just cover it up agian and pay off the people who discovered the truth. As I always say 'the truth is out there" but that does not mean it will ever be found.
2Twinkle
QUOTE(purple-haze @ Jul 23 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]109979[/snapback]
i agree, i duno whats up with that man, three girlfriends at once and all that, thoes girls must be dumb, or desperate for a good life...

He could be a lizard in human form (if anyone is....). ohmy.gif
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(2Twinkle @ Jul 23 2006, 01:45 AM) [snapback]109984[/snapback]
He could be a lizard in human form (if anyone is....). ohmy.gif

Yes, a lizard is perfect metaphor to describe him. Again he appeared on a recent documentary which was called "Still Life," but he seemed a bit more humbled this time. I am trying to remember if he boasted about where he lies for an eternity again. rolleyes1.gif ....Lauren Michele.

QUOTE(Frances @ Jul 23 2006, 01:11 AM) [snapback]109982[/snapback]
I like this topic. My first thought would be that they should exume her body and find out once and for all the truth so if there was fowl play then those responsible will be held accountable . . . I am so tierd of people using Marilyn and thinking they can get away with it. On the other hand I say let her rest in peace because I highly doubt that if they did find out for sure that anyone would be held responsible, especially if it turns out the goverment was involved, they would just cover it up agian and pay off the people who discovered the truth. As I always say 'the truth is out there" but that does not mean it will ever be found.

Hi Frances! That was my first thought too, to exhume. Now I feel that she should rest. I've done so much thinking and I've learned so much about Marilyn by coming here to ES. balloon.gif .....Lauren Michele

QUOTE(purple-haze @ Jul 23 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]109979[/snapback]

i think the fact he will be next to her, makes marilyn seem cheap and like one of his little sl*t girls..... no.gif

Hi jo, I think people, women, are around him simply because he has money and they are looking for noteriety and fame. So far on every documentary that I have seen in the past year, Hugh has been involved in it because of 1953 Marilyn launched his empire and to remind everyone he will be buried next to her. ......Lauren Michele
nicky62
I totally approve her body being exumed for its the only way to erase the eternal stigma of a drug overdose and that way our lady can finally rest in peace . I mean with all these new methods that prove how ? what killed her? and time? It should have been done years ago. On Discovery and other so called channels they have shows that exume or find bodies and they find out the HOW did they die , I approve but I really dont approve having to see her in her resting place after all these years , was enough with the book by Anothony Summers
Just my peeny
Nicky62
Lauren Michele
throb.gif Nicky, I couldn't agree with you more about not wanting to see her. I watch alot of Forensic shows that are on. It is truley amazing what technology we have today. At first when I watched The Marilyn Tapes documentary I really was all for it. I feel that if it was a cover up, it will stay that way. The same with J F Kennedy. I don't beleive that Oswald assassinated Kennedy alone. What I'm getting at is, I really beleive that she will ever be exhumed for us. Not in our life time anyway... Lauren Michele
purple-haze
i dont think it would acheive anything, most of the people involved are dead. and if it did have anything to do with government etc, they will cover it up.... we would never find out....

its the same here with princess diana, people say she was murdered, she wrote letters saying she feared for her life etc, but if it did have anything to do with murder, the 'public' would never find out... :(
Paju
I would approve exhuming her body if
1) we could be 100% sure that they would find the answers to all the questions surrounding Marilyn's death
2) we could be 100% sure they'd tell us all those answers honestly, not leaving anything out, not lying, not covering anything up
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(Paju @ Sep 3 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]113878[/snapback]
I would approve exhuming her body if
1) we could be 100% sure that they would find the answers to all the questions surrounding Marilyn's death
2) we could be 100% sure they'd tell us all those answers honestly, not leaving anything out, not lying, not covering anything up

Wow, my old topic is back. I would have to be there to trust this government and watch with my own eyes for the truth. I once thought she was murdered but over night really, i changed my mind. I believe she should rest. But i do understand your curiosity Paju. Maybe another country could perform the autopsy if it ever turned out that way. The States government...you might be deceived. But one thing God Bless Our Men and woman. I had to say that. thumbup1.gif
mels
You know... even if they exhumed her body, performed the tests and gave answers, people would still think this is still a lie, whatever the outcome of the new autopsy is !....

That's how people are. They always yell at coverups and unspoken truths for the slightest things... plus it's such a great opportunity to make money on Marilyn's back :(

Once I also thought the only solution would be to exhume her body. But now... I'm more like "then what ?"... Because as I said... we will never truly know, people will always find means to contradict the new "diagnosis" !

I guess Marilyn is okay and happy where she is, let's leave her there... don't you think ? And I also guess that we want this new autopsy in an egoistical way... just because WE want to know. Do we really need this truth so desperately that it would justify the opening of her grave, and "violation" of her dead body ?... I'm not that sure anymore, you know ?...

And... I should be working... I need to get back to work.

Hugs to you all !

Mels
Paju
I don't think it would be completely egoistical to want a new autopsy (IF we could be 100% sure we'd know the truth about her death then). I think it could be done for Marilyn's sake too. I think it's unfair to her how many wild rumors there are about her death, how many lies and half-truths. If we could be 100% sure the truth would come out during a new autopsy, and that it would be done so that no-one can argue against it or suspect any cover-ups, then I'd say go for it. But since we can't be sure of that, I want her to rest in peace. It's not approvable to disturb the peace of the grave if we can't be 100% sure the whole truth will come out.
Tara
I agree with Mels - just my opinion of course, but I don't think it will ever be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Whatever the autopsy results, they will be disputed and interpreted in different ways. The rumours will never end, so long as people are still interested in Marilyn, and we can never be completely sure that what we find out is really the truth. While I do have an interest in how Marilyn died, I think it's more important to let her rest in peace.
Lauren Michele
I have to say that i too agree with Mels. Like i mentioned in an earlier post and it was purely exaggerated of the necessitate of me trusting the officials i would need to be there to trust the truth. I don't agree an autopsy should be done again on her. Let her rest.
suusmarie
The idea of exhuming her body shows how much MM had became public property and seems less and less respected as the human being she was. I think it is in no way acceptable that they should exhume her body just to satisfy the 'public'. Ofcourse many people, including me, would like to know the truth but even if the final answer would come from such an investigation I would not feel right about it. She is in our worlds but we weren´t in hers, 'we' have no right to demand such things for our own satisfaction. Imagine one of your relatives being exhumed because the 'world' would like to have some answers.... no.gif.
In my opinion they should respect her peace hypocrite.gif .

hug.gif Suus
dlmagoo
Ya'll are gonna prolly hate me.. but I would say go ahead and exhume her body.. if for no other reason that to get DNA to see if those women saying they are her daughter are hers. Remember, most of the organs from her autopsy were disposed of, so I'm sure the only way to tell at this point would be to test what remains, but I'm sure after they botched the first autopsy, there isn't much left to test.

Also.. to whomever said that she is happy where she is.. in the crypt she's just a body wasting away.. her spirit and her soul have gone on.. so if there is a way to bring closure to the spirit and let her rest.. shouldn't that be done???

Sorry.. I know I sound like a looney

D marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(dlmagoo @ Sep 6 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]114203[/snapback]
Ya'll are gonna prolly hate me.. but I would say go ahead and exhume her body.. if for no other reason that to get DNA to see if those women saying they are her daughter are hers. Remember, most of the organs from her autopsy were disposed of, so I'm sure the only way to tell at this point would be to test what remains, but I'm sure after they botched the first autopsy, there isn't much left to test.

Also.. to whomever said that she is happy where she is.. in the crypt she's just a body wasting away.. her spirit and her soul have gone on.. so if there is a way to bring closure to the spirit and let her rest.. shouldn't that be done???

Sorry.. I know I sound like a looney

D marilynbybrandon_190.gif

Hi dlmagoo, is there a legal battle going on with these alleged Marilyn daughter's? If not, i cannot see exhuming Marilyn on that basis. Like i mentioned i am against the exhumation for any reason.
dlmagoo
Well you know that there is that nutcase Nancy Miracle that says she's her daughter.. but no DNA proof.. and Barbara Monroe.. Then there is a Janet R??? that says she is also.. so.. I think to give THEM closure also.. something needs to be done.. I would like to know who my mother is... blush.gif
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(dlmagoo @ Sep 7 2006, 08:17 AM) [snapback]114258[/snapback]
Well you know that there is that nutcase Nancy Miracle that says she's her daughter.. but no DNA proof.. and Barbara Monroe.. Then there is a Janet R??? that says she is also.. so.. I think to give THEM closure also.. something needs to be done.. I would like to know who my mother is... blush.gif

Hi dlmagoo, in my opinion i don't agree we should disrupt Marilyn's rest because a few people claim to be her daughter. throb.gif
jennie2000
Is there anything left of her body to get answers from? DNA can tell if these people are her daughter, but the main reason to exhume her body would be to find out what really happened the night she died. Does anything remain of the body that could reveal that? Most people (non-Marilyn devotees) believe she committed suicide, she's as famous for her sex appeal as her "tragic death", "died from an overdose", "killed herself". But what if she didn't? To a lot of people she's a tragic sex icon, but what if it was never her time to go, if someone did this to her? If they think they can find out, then go for it. Find out. It doesn't matter if most people never know about it, and still believed it was suicide. It would be justice for Marilyn. If only a few people knew the truth that would be enough. As it is, noone does. But if they're not 100% certain they can reveal something, leave her be.

throb.gif Molly
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(jennie2000 @ Sep 9 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]114469[/snapback]
Is there anything left of her body to get answers from? DNA can tell if these people are her daughter, but the main reason to exhume her body would be to find out what really happened the night she died. Does anything remain of the body that could reveal that? Most people (non-Marilyn devotees) believe she committed suicide, she's as famous for her sex appeal as her "tragic death", "died from an overdose", "killed herself". But what if she didn't? To a lot of people she's a tragic sex icon, but what if it was never her time to go, if someone did this to her? If they think they can find out, then go for it. Find out. It doesn't matter if most people never know about it, and still believed it was suicide. It would be justice for Marilyn. If only a few people knew the truth that would be enough. As it is, noone does. But if they're not 100% certain they can reveal something, leave her be.

throb.gif Molly

Hello Molly, what i've learned thanks to Forensics, if Marilyn had been murdered by the hands of someone, such as strangulation there would be no problem to assess the cause of death.
Marilyn's barbituate poisoning in her blood was extremely high found at autopsy. She had no signs, i am assuming by what the coroner concluded of a homocide.
Nina
I think, when we exhume her body, we could find out, if she really commited suicide or not, that's for me the important question.

I think it's so sad, that she has this suicide stigma... the dumb blonde, who couldn't handle Hollywood and all that stuff, the tragic woman, who never was loved and all this stupid *s*...

There is a dark shadow over Marilyn and she deserved light. She never killed herself - I'm sure about that. But that suicide theory was the easiest way to tell the public.

marilynbybrandon_190.gif
Lauren Michele
QUOTE(Nina @ Sep 10 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]114531[/snapback]
I think, when we exhume her body, we could find out, if she really commited suicide or not, that's for me the important question.

I think it's so sad, that she has this suicide stigma... the dumb blonde, who couldn't handle Hollywood and all that stuff, the tragic woman, who never was loved and all this stupid *s*...

There is a dark shadow over Marilyn and she deserved light. She never killed herself - I'm sure about that. But that suicide theory was the easiest way to tell the public.

marilynbybrandon_190.gif

Hi Nina bye1.gif I am wondering in 1962 if the coroner saved any forensic evidence, such as microscopic slides and DNA then perhaps they would not need to exhume Marilyn after all because it was not like she was strangled , or shot. I would think her blood tissues would answer questions if they have not degraded and if they even saved any back then.
purple-haze
the whole alluer opf marilyn is the way she died. if we knew for certain one way or another, it would either frustrate us if answers were inconclusive, and take the allure away and things still wouldnt add up if it was plain old suicide
MisterPinkNoTip
I think she should be left to rest.
However, I'm selfish and curious, so there is a part of me that wants her body to be exhumed. But I think she should be left alone. Exhuming her body will not result in the truth. There are too many people with different interests involved for us to know the real truth.
liza
Well, this is a difficuld question pffffffffffffff.
A part of me wants to know the trouth and another part of me wants to keep the legend alive.
I think that they should question the people that are alive today in a court and let them finally talk about the things they have lied about all those years.
I think it would be strange if Eunis murray never have told the truth to her family.
And what about Pat newcomb , it is all so strange.
Why coverup after all those years???.
And maybe they should look at the remains of Marilyn but I am afraid that the only thing that is happening then is that we see pictures in every magazine of a 45 year dead Marilyn because that would be THE sensation for a lot of people and there will not be a mystery solved.
O God ,I am ashamed to say I would look to the pictures too because there is something morbid in me pfffffffff
No, let her rest in piece for what you can call rest in peace ( I think she never will)
jennie2000
If Marilyn had had any family left (who really cared about her) I believe they would have pushed for an exhumation just to prove she did not kill herself. I think her greatest fans and believers don't believe she did that, and there's too much evidence to prove she didn't, but hmph, there's money here, and what makes more money than a dead movie star. I have no respect whatsoever for Marilyn's "niece" (find her website for yourselves), according to her everything is hunky-dory, but I don't think so. I believe she sits there earning money from a Marilyn she never really knew, and noone will never know what really happened to her because people like her will sit there and go: "Oh, it was all fxxxxng hunky dory"
Margherita
QUOTE(Frances @ Jul 23 2006, 01:11 AM) [snapback]109982[/snapback]
As I always say 'the truth is out there" but that does not mean it will ever be found.

I've allways thought "the truth has been out there, it still is out there and will be out there" till comes a time when the truth about who possibly murdered her , gave an order to commit the thing or was seriously involved, doesn't matter anymore.... I'm most certain it will go this way. Allthoug not 100 % certain, something we don't expect now, can appear, and I would be really happy if something unawaited (that even Jackie K. wouldn't have guessed, would appear). I'm referring to Jackie K. cause she said some years before she died that she knows all about this case, has put everything down in a notebook or so, and the truth about things lies in some valve that has been given orders not to be opened untill everybody that's alive "now" (or was it has been involved ? ) has been dead for 70 years. Gosh, that is SO secretive. What on earth lies beneath there ? banana.gif
lorileime
I really don't contribute much here, but I want to add my 2 cents in. I think, if scientifically there is a real shot at coming up with new, and better answers to the question of how she died, it should be done. All of her life she was rejected by everyone. Family, "friends", colleagues, etc. and was never given the proper recognition for what she accomplished after she died. Even forty years later! If her suicide could be proven to be a homicide it would exhonorate her to a great degree and maybe then the stigma that surrounds honoring a suicide victim would be lifted and she could get some recognition for the the accomplishments she made. My goodness, a girl needs a little praise every now and then, even after she's dead! I sick of hearing from people how dumb, and slutty and whatever else she was. No one will ever get it unless her life meant something. And being the perpetrator of suicide just closes the book on anyone giving her a chance. I say, do the necropsy if it looks like it would be beneficial. Personally, I think I know who killed her. It's too bad he's dead and his accomplice is dead. I think, I'm pretty sure I know, that Dr. Greenson did it. I think it was an accident. I know Murray was involved. I just wish there were a way to prove it. Maybe a necropsy would shed more light on the subject.
pinup
wasnt hugh hefner supposed to be pushing for an inquest into her death again?
RetroLove
QUOTE(purple-haze @ Jul 22 2006, 07:36 PM) *

OMG. Hef is a Marilyn fan. Try watching his show sometime she's mentioned quite a bit and her pictures are everywhere. I believe in two different shows they show clips from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Ok so he started his magazine with her nude pictures and he never paid her a dime. Yes thats wrong and if I ever see him out on the street I'll tell him its wrong. Shame on him for that. But if you think about it after his first magazine came out Marilyn was'nt ashamed at all. She said yes thats me & went on about her business. That was big for a star to do that in those days. I think it really set her apart from everyone else. I think its cool that he's being laid to rest next to Marilyn. Lucky him. I'll say hi to him whenever I visit Marilyn. Its not like he's going to be able to touch her or anything. You know why? Because he's going to be DEAD rolleyes1.gif So what if he has three girlfriends. Good for him. I see him having fun at 80 years old living the kind of life that he wants to live and he does'nt give a damn what other people think. People have to make a living somehow & porn just happens to be his calling laughing.gif

Off topic I know.

As for your question Pinup I dont know if he is or not. I dont think they should be messing with Marilyn's remains. Could you imagine? Shiver. It would make me really sad to see that happen sadballerina.gif
pinup
QUOTE(RetroLove @ Sep 5 2007, 07:19 AM) *
OMG. Hef is a Marilyn fan. Try watching his show sometime she's mentioned quite a bit and her pictures are everywhere. I believe in two different shows they show clips from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Ok so he started his magazine with her nude pictures and he never paid her a dime. Yes thats wrong and if I ever see him out on the street I'll tell him its wrong. Shame on him for that. But if you think about it after his first magazine came out Marilyn was'nt ashamed at all. She said yes thats me & went on about her business. That was big for a star to do that in those days. I think it really set her apart from everyone else. I think its cool that he's being laid to rest next to Marilyn. Lucky him. I'll say hi to him whenever I visit Marilyn. Its not like he's going to be able to touch her or anything. You know why? Because he's going to be DEAD rolleyes1.gif So what if he has three girlfriends. Good for him. I see him having fun at 80 years old living the kind of life that he wants to live and he does'nt give a damn what other people think. People have to make a living somehow & porn just happens to be his calling laughing.gif

Off topic I know.

As for your question Pinup I dont know if he is or not. I dont think they should be messing with Marilyn's remains. Could you imagine? Shiver. It would make me really sad to see that happen sadballerina.gif

yes i agree. to be honest i think the perso who really exploited marilyn was the photographer who sold the phots to hef in the 1st place. then again the picstures being in playboy ultimately helped he career, they pushed her more into the public eye. Ive seen the episodes of girls of the playboy mansion of marilyn being mentioned, i think holly his gf did a copy of the ballerina shoot that marilyn did for him and she also did a nude gpb picture for playboy. I love the pictures of marilyn he has around his house and also his las vegas apartment!!

I dont think they should mess with marilyns remains but it sure would be good to finally find out what happened that night unsure.gif
dwane
isn't their any of her DNA left on anything? i mean they could have gotten DNA from one of MM's lipstick's or her tooth brush.
pinup
i always wonder why they cant do testing on her hair that was cut from her when she was dead? surely they could find something?
RetroLove
You would think so. It would seem more appropriate I think.
pinup
yes i know some people have pieces of her hair from the autopsy-ive seen it on ebay (then again it could be fake on there!!)
meganmarilyn
Marilyn gave her life to us being a movie icon. We all lived our fantasies thru her. Now, the one thing she had of her own (which was her body), we want to tamper with? Leave her alone. Next thing you know, people will want her remains on display just like King Tutankhamun. Let's put her body behind glass so we can make alot of money, that way we can make her the ultimate public property, if she wasn't already.
Tara
I agree Megan, we should let Marilyn rest in peace.
pinup
yes i agree megan i just dont get why they dont just do tests on hair that was taken from her autopsy, it would but a lot of rumours to rest. Then again so many people make a living off the marilyn conspiracys ie books, tours, documentarys etc that maybe that is wy they wont do any tests?
Tara
It's a no-win situation IMO. Whatever the outcome of tests, rumours will continue.
dwane
i hate to say it but, i don't really want to know how marilyn died. i respect her too much. i love her for whi she was, not how she died.
nzmermaid
It will never be conclusive regardless of exhumation or not.

But I think Greenson contributed massively and Eunice Murray did too to Marilyn's death. Like Diana, there will always be controversy surrounding it. I think there is a lot of truth in this article :

I corresponded with Anthony Summers over this article, who said he may write another book on Marilyn yet. I know some people don't like him but he immediately did some research on this as he hadn't seen this information before and was quite interested, this was last year. The thing he came up with is that there is no death certificate for Eunice Murray anywhere . . . . which is really wierd. He went through all the registers.
Marilyn Fanatic
The thing he came up with is that there is no death certificate for Eunice Murray anywhere . . . . which is really wierd. He went through all the registers.

One more mystery to add to the story. I think Eunice knew exactly what happened that night and
she took it to her grave. No one thought it was odd that Marilyn fired her that day, too??

I don't think we will ever know what happened because most of the people are
dead and the few who are talking-- no one believes them. Slatzer had plenty to say before he
died, but no one thought he was legit. Jeanne Carmen talks and again not many people believe
her. I am probably in the minority because I do think Jeanne knew Marilyn and left Hollywood
right after her death because she knew too much. She is a smart lady and why would she speak up
about her friendship with Marilyn until she felt it was safe?
nzmermaid
I asked Anthony Summers about what he thought of Slatzer, his words were "I expected him to be a complete charleton, but he wasn't, I believe he did know Marilyn, but he was an exaggerater".

Although, as someone stated on another thread (The Greenson one), its unlikely a truly big/truthful story would break via a woman's magazine, certain things do add up to me.

The "love triangle" makes sense as motivation for Eunice's spying for Greenson and also Greenson saying he thought Marilyn was a miserable creature sounds similiar to other things he has in fact said about her - very disparaging and belittling assumptions about her, things he said to his collegues, that she was pathetic, unstable etc.

Also, its the best explanation I have heard so far as to what bought Eunice's silence for so long, as in her actual unwitting involvement, (you couldn't find a better motivation to keep your mouth shut).

There is the fact that this came out some time ago and yet this theory can still fit with newer information and theories (that I have read anyway). If this article was fabricated, most of the information in it agrees with the more plausible theories out there. How would a journalist or two get into such thorough research on the subject just to fabricate some article that seems ok for a woman's magazine?

For example, I read the book about the supposed reincarnation (Sherrie Lea Laird) and the research was rubbish, yet the good Doc thought he had done really well, but as someone who didn't really know that much about Monroe, he chose all the wrongs books for his "research" - the ones none of us respect like old lovers who "spilled the beans" (Ted Jordan was one of his main references).

Whoever wrote this article either knew their stuff via the right books or got the story from the "horses mouth". (IMO)
Tara
Thanks for the article Pauline, I'm going to read it and comment more later. Very strange about Mrs Murray's death not being registered.
nzmermaid
QUOTE(TheDuke @ Nov 3 2007, 06:12 AM) *
Finding out exactly what happened to Marilyn would have one of three effects.

1. If she suicided, then her memory will be forever tarnished.

2. If she was murdered then the impotent rage of not being able to punish the person responsible will overshadow her legacy.

3. If it was an accident then the feeling of "Jeez, she was dumb" will overshadow her.

I'd rather not know.

I agree with you there - about the three possible conclusions, one of which MUST be true, but which? I think great people are greater than whatever finished them off though. I tend to think this was entirely fated in many ways. To be preserved forever in photographs at a still relatively young age may even be something Marilyn thought about and fitted well with her entire ambition and desire to be what she was and is to the world, history and her place in it as the biggest legend - quite a legacy, but difficult to achieve, especially for a woman, when beauty was her main trading point with talent second. Different for a male acting legend, he is allowed wrinkles and can die a legend at the age of 80 and still be just that.

We all must die and in a way usually not of our own choosing. I don't think our deaths define us, our lives do. Whether she suicided, accidentally or otherwise or was murdered it would never change my opinion of her, which is very positive but totally aware of her human flaws too.

I think Marilyn contributed to her own death, whichever of the above options is the truth, in the people that she chose to be around her, poor choices indeed.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.