Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fred Lawrence Guiles: Norma Jean Vs Legend
Share |
SugarKane78
post Feb 19 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #21
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(MarilynLivesSociety @ Feb 19 2010, 11:35 AM) *
Gosh the last time I fully read this book I was about 16 years old I think, so the sexist parts must have passed me by! 'Norma Jean' was the first book I ever bought and it was that book that turned me into a Marilyn fan, but I have no idea if he spoke in a sexist way in that book or not (I shall have to have a look and see!).

The sexual abuse claims are something that annoy me greatly when an author chooses to either ignore them altogether, or to say that Marilyn was lying. Why do they assume she was lying?! I will never understand that. What I found (and what I put into my book) was that while Marilyn said she was abused by a Mr Kimmell, it is my belief that it could have been a man called Mr Murray Kinnell who she was speaking about. Her foster father - George Atkinson- worked as the stand-in for an actor called George Arliss. At the time Marilyn lived with the Atkinsons, George Arliss (and most probably George Atkinson) was working on a film called 'Cardinal Richelieu' with Murray Kinnell. So the question is, did Murray Kinnell find himself living with the Atkinsons during the filming of the movie? Who knows, but it's not entirely out of the question, don't you think? Maybe Marilyn just clutched a name out of thin air when she came up with the name Mr Kimmell, but maybe not. It is a huge mystery as to who did it, but I do believe she was sexually assaulted as a child - I truly don't believe she would have made it up.

This gets off the subject of Guiles a little, but the sexual abuse stuff just really gets me worked up!

Love
Michelle
xx

THANK YOU. Agree 110%.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2019 - 04:03 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.