Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 12305 5th Helena Drive
Share |
Celia
post Jul 12 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #21
Celia

Group Icon

QUOTE(marilyn_monroe_from_Italy @ Jul 12 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]109386[/snapback]
I know one person taht are really interested to purchase the Marilyn House and transform it in a Marilyn Monroe museum. I hope that he realize his dream! He said me that the house could be destroy because is very old! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/no.gif)

As far as I know the current owners don´t want to sell it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lauren Michele
post Jul 12 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #22
Everlasting Smile

Group Icon

I was shocked when I read the owners gutted the house...but I took I step back and I realized obviously the owners were neither a Marilyn fan nor they had the taste for the Mexican theme. I can't say for sure what I would do had I ever had the chance to puchase her home the way it was when she passed away, but I imagine I would not have changed a single tile. ...Lauren Michele.

+Quote Post
marilyn_monroe_f...
post Jul 13 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

I'm agree with you Lauren Michele. The owners are not fan of Marilyn. The person that I know have purchased on Christie's auction 1999 very much lot of Marilyn's Mexican forniture. I think that he can bring again the Marilyn's style in the home.

+Quote Post
Nancy
post Jul 13 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #24
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

That is so sad... I realize they aren't Marilyn fans, but wow... it's like one of the last tangible MM things has just been lost. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/bye2.gif)

+Quote Post
Katri^
post Jul 16 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #25
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I think it would be better to make a museum of Marilyn's house. But when all the Marilyns stuff has been sold, it's impossible. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

If I'd live in Marilyn's house, I wouldn't change anything in there. I would trust in Marilyns taste ^^. And it's just not right to sell that house to someone who isn't even a Marilyn-fan! I don't know how to explain but... I hope you understand.

+Quote Post
californiadude
post Jul 21 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #26
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

What I don't understand is, if you're going to buy a home that's fine. But pick any other home, if you don't want to be annoyed by people, DON'T buy Marilyn Monroe's house! If you buy the greatest star of the 20th century's home, I think you can be expected to know that you'll get some fans wanting some pictures. I don't understand what the point of selling ALL of Marilyn's personal things and passing them around the world was for, now most of them are lost forever. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/no.gif)

This post has been edited by californiadude: Jul 21 2006, 11:06 AM

+Quote Post
Robby
post Jul 21 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #27
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I always wished they made some sort of museum of her last home, with all her things, property and stuff in it. They could remodel it to what it used to be, and that would be so precious.

+Quote Post
Melroseplace
post Jul 23 2006, 05:33 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE(Robby @ Jul 21 2006, 05:03 AM) [snapback]109865[/snapback]
I always wished they made some sort of museum of her last home, with all her things, property and stuff in it.

I knew a guy who owns a Hollywood memorabilia business here in L.A. He purchased Marilyn's house some ten years ago, and wanted to turn it into a museum. However, due to zoning regulations in the area, it is impossible to get the required permits as it's not a commercial but residential area. This is the reason the house is not a museum today - you can't do it!

My friend kept the house for a little while and rented it out to Anna Nicole Smith (this was when she had just become a Playmate). Anna was/is a MAJOR Marilyn fan.

If I remember correctly, he got $10,000/month in rent from Anna, so he was very happy - for a while. She was however doing lots of drugs and would basically go nuts in the house, and when her funds (from her 93 year old "husband") dried up, she stopped paying rent and was kicked out of the house. My friend then sold it. I never knew this guy while he owned the house unfortunately! He just told me the story much later, as he knew I was a Marilyn fan and he privately owned several of her personal effects from her house, still to this day.

Anyway, this house has changed hands many times since Marilyn owned it, and it has also been sold for much more than the area market value each time, according to my realtor friend who once checked the public records for me. Usually, in L.A, the market value doesn't necessarily go up just because a place was once owned by a celeb, because here there are celebrity homes on every corner. It's really no big deal. If anything, new buyers consider that a negative thing, worrying about crazy fans disturbing the peace. But, I guess in Marilyn's case, people are willing to pay a little extra for her rather modest house.

I have been inside the house myself while it was changing hands again in or around the year 2000. I was driving around in that area on a Sunday, and on a whim I decided to turn into the little Fifth Helena cul-de-sac. I just got lucky that day. The house was empty and the workers had left everything wide open, including the infamous gate, so I snuck in. The house is actually much smaller than you'd think. Especially for that fancy neigbourhood. But I still thought it was charming.

I didn't bring a camera in 2000, so last year I drove by and tried again, but this time the gate was replaced and there is now a big security camera overlooking the entrance. It is obvious that the current owners don't want any visitors!

Anyway, that's my little tidbit for you all!

(Please be careful if you too decide to trespass onto the property. You could very well get arrested or, worse; shot!) (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/no.gif)

+Quote Post
Celia
post Jul 23 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #29
Celia

Group Icon

QUOTE(Melroseplace @ Jul 23 2006, 06:33 AM) [snapback]109999[/snapback]
I knew a guy who owns a Hollywood memorabilia business here in L.A. He purchased Marilyn's house some ten years ago, and wanted to turn it into a museum. However, due to zoning regulations in the area, it is impossible to get the required permits as it's not a commercial but residential area. This is the reason the house is not a museum today - you can't do it!

My friend kept the house for a little while and rented it out to Anna Nicole Smith (this was when she had just become a Playmate). Anna was/is a MAJOR Marilyn fan.

If I remember correctly, he got $10,000/month in rent from Anna, so he was very happy - for a while. She was however doing lots of drugs and would basically go nuts in the house, and when her funds (from her 93 year old "husband") dried up, she stopped paying rent and was kicked out of the house. My friend then sold it. I never knew this guy while he owned the house unfortunately! He just told me the story much later, as he knew I was a Marilyn fan and he privately owned several of her personal effects from her house, still to this day.

Anyway, this house has changed hands many times since Marilyn owned it, and it has also been sold for much more than the area market value each time, according to my realtor friend who once checked the public records for me. Usually, in L.A, the market value doesn't necessarily go up just because a place was once owned by a celeb, because here there are celebrity homes on every corner. It's really no big deal. If anything, new buyers consider that a negative thing, worrying about crazy fans disturbing the peace. But, I guess in Marilyn's case, people are willing to pay a little extra for her rather modest house.

I have been inside the house myself while it was changing hands again in or around the year 2000. I was driving around in that area on a Sunday, and on a whim I decided to turn into the little Fifth Helena cul-de-sac. I just got lucky that day. The house was empty and the workers had left everything wide open, including the infamous gate, so I snuck in. The house is actually much smaller than you'd think. Especially for that fancy neigbourhood. But I still thought it was charming.

I didn't bring a camera in 2000, so last year I drove by and tried again, but this time the gate was replaced and there is now a big security camera overlooking the entrance. It is obvious that the current owners don't want any visitors!

Anyway, that's my little tidbit for you all!

(Please be careful if you too decide to trespass onto the property. You could very well get arrested or, worse; shot!) (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/no.gif)

Does the house still look the same? Or has it been completly changed? Is it possible to see it from outside (some of it) . Is it forbidden to stand outside and take a photo from the gate?
Could anybody post some photos of what the house look like right now?
Thanks a lot for any answers you can provide

+Quote Post
Nancy
post Jul 23 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #30
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

"(Please be careful if you too decide to trespass onto the property. You could very well get arrested or, worse; shot!) no.gif"

Shot? I find that highly unlikely.

+Quote Post
Melroseplace
post Jul 24 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

QUOTE(jemaniac @ Jul 23 2006, 11:43 AM) [snapback]110040[/snapback]
"(Please be careful if you too decide to trespass onto the property. You could very well get arrested or, worse; shot!) no.gif"

Shot? I find that highly unlikely.

It happens... People are so trigger-happy when someone breaks into their house, and they have a great defense in court if they shoot someone; the right to defend themselves in their own home if taken by surprise if they think it's a burglar etc. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just saying, it IS illegal to trespass and if they call 911 you will be arrested if only for an hour or two. (Marilyn's property is now guarded by the privately-funded Bel Air Police, btw. It wasn't before.)

You can stand on the street and take pictures all you want, that's legal and that's what the paparazzi do. But with the new, bigger gate it is almost impossible to see anything. The current owner is obviously taking his privacy seriously. I can see how it probably gets pretty annoying having Marilyn fans outside your house several times a day.

I would love to be able to sneak in again, but I don't think there will be a chance to do so until the house hits the market again. I'm gonna ask my realtor to flag the street number in his computer, so if it ever is for sale again, I would find out. It wold be fun to go to an open house showing there, with camera! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

+Quote Post
californiadude
post Jul 24 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #32
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I never knew that Anna Nicole once lived in Marilyn's house?

+Quote Post
babydoll
post Jul 24 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Here are some pictures from when Anna lived in the house.

Attached File 12305interior.jpg ( 47.53K )Number of downloads: 332
Attached File 12305interior2.jpg ( 42.03K )Number of downloads: 219
Attached File 12305interior3.jpg ( 43.71K )Number of downloads: 259
Attached File 12305interior4.jpg ( 43.03K )Number of downloads: 232

+Quote Post
californiadude
post Jul 25 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #34
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I've never really seen many pictures of "inside" Marilyn's house, but it's actually a really nice house, Marilyn had beautiful taste. And those Anna Nicole picture are kind of nice, I like Anna. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Also, I think if Anna owned or rented Marilyn's house, she wouldn't mind fans looking through sometimes, maybe.

+Quote Post
SusenSkellington
post Jul 25 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #35
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Are those Anna pictures before the house was "gutted"?

+Quote Post
Fav
post Jul 25 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #36
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I'd feel weird living in the house where Marilyn died. It just wouldn't feel right. I get spooked by stuff like that.

+Quote Post
Melroseplace
post Jul 27 2006, 05:38 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

QUOTE(Fav @ Jul 25 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]110226[/snapback]
I'd feel weird living in the house where Marilyn died. It just wouldn't feel right. I get spooked by stuff like that.

Appearantly, from what I heard from the guy who rented it to her, Anna (who did tons of drugs even back then) would go bonkers in the house, freak out the neighbors in the middle of the night and claim that she saw Marilyn's ghost and such... So appearantly she was pretty spooked herself, when she was high!

Babydoll, I'm glad that you could confirm that Anna Nicole lived there, everytime I mention that to someone they never believe me... They expect her in some huge Beverly hills mansion, especially back when she was Playmate of the year. But that is in fact the house her hubby paid for her to live in for a while. Where did you get those pictures of Anna from? I'm impressed! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
babydoll
post Jul 28 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #38

Group Icon

QUOTE(Melroseplace @ Jul 26 2006, 08:38 PM) [snapback]110328[/snapback]
Appearantly, from what I heard from the guy who rented it to her, Anna (who did tons of drugs even back then) would go bonkers in the house, freak out the neighbors in the middle of the night and claim that she saw Marilyn's ghost and such... So appearantly she was pretty spooked herself, when she was high!

Babydoll, I'm glad that you could confirm that Anna Nicole lived there, everytime I mention that to someone they never believe me... They expect her in some huge Beverly hills mansion, especially back when she was Playmate of the year. But that is in fact the house her hubby paid for her to live in for a while. Where did you get those pictures of Anna from? I'm impressed! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

I've heard those rumours about Anna seeing Marilyn's ghost and never believed them myself. I was thinking she was probably high at the time, so thanks for confirming that.

I'm glad you liked the pictures. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif) I don't remember exactly where I got the pictures from but it was probably one of the yahoo groups either ImmortalMarilyn or forevermarilyn.

+Quote Post
Lauren Michele
post Jul 28 2006, 02:25 AM
Post #39
Everlasting Smile

Group Icon

Thankyou Ginger for showing us those beautiful pictures! What a beautiful home. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/throb.gif) ... ...Lauren Michele.

+Quote Post
lavald
post Oct 21 2006, 04:02 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

ya, really a beautiful house!

I can understand how annoying it would be to live in a house where u get to be bugged everyday by tons of fans who want to snick inside..But here's the thing: its something that u might consider once u buy a property where a famous person lived! I think it would have been better if some marilyn's fan bought it anyway, not ppl that try to hide it..i mean, i wont see any problem if they left the house with a normal gate or something..they even took out the number!!!
i knew years ago michael ritchie lived in there, he was a movie producer or something and from what i heard he wanted to make a movie about marilyn's life and set it in the house too..maybe that wasnt possible, i dont know..but he died in 2001 so i dont know who actually owns the house now..
what i can say is that from the street u can barely see it when the gate is not open. I live 2 min from it and still havent been that lucky..and so bad for those ppl who, like me, love interior design and cant see the inside hahah

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th September 2020 - 02:04 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.