Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Closing Of The Members Pictures Galleries Threads
Share |
mels
post Sep 11 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #1
Isn't it delicious?

Group Icon

Dear Marilyn admirers,

In the past months, we've seen a huge increase in the posting of pictures in the "members galleries" threads. These threads were meant for our members to share one or two of their recent pictures and also to "humanize" the boards.
Sadly, this feature has been abused in the past months
and all these pictures are taking a LOT (too much) of space on the server (over 200 Mb), and it ain't good.

The main subject of the forums here is Marilyn Monroe, that's what the server is here for, and the only reason I decided to put these boards up. Gertie pays a huge bill each month for us to be here, and I don't want her to pay for the hosting of our personal pics. You guys can feel free to open a community on Live Journal for example where you all can post your own pictures and stuff, I can provide a link from here if you wish, but no more abuse of personal pictures here will be tolerated.

After several discussions with the mods in the past months, it has been decided that from now on, these threads will be closed an no similar thread will be opened, ever. I will let the old threads up for a couple of weeks for those of you who want to save pictures.

All new members are MORE than welcome to post a pic or two in their introduction thread, though, we STILL want to know how everyone looks like, but with a certain equilibrum and no exageration.

Finally, active members can add a picture to their profile, and update it as often as they'd like, if they want other members to see how they look.

Go to your control panel, then on the left site, look for "personal profile" and click on change personal photo.

And remember, we are here to talk about Marilyn!

Thanks for your understanding,

Mels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2019 - 12:51 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.