Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [review]the Final Day
Share |
Tara
post Aug 7 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #1
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

Title: The Final Day
Original air date (or production date):
Nationality:British

Duration:60 minutes
Presented by:
Produced by:David Jamieson
Directed by:David Jamieson

Additional information: Ralph Roberts, Evelyn Moriarty, James Bacon, Norman Mailer, Colin Clark, Bob Slatzer, Don Wolfe, Henry Weinstein, Ernest Cunningham, Michael Selsman, Mickey Song, Greg Schreiner, Eric Monroe Woodard, David Brown.

I saw this documentary on the Biography Channel - www.thebiographychannel.co.uk

Review: This is really a look at the conspiracy theories surrounding Marilyn's death. I'm not an expert on the scientific analysis of what Marilyn may have consumed that evening, so I won't comment on that. It didn't really go into much detail over what happened on the afternoon of August 4th, which seems crucial to me.

It is well worth watching for the impressive (though not unfamiliar) list of interviewees. Marilyn's friends, Evelyn Moriarty and Ralph Roberts, were instantly likeable. Bob Slatzer was interviewed alone in a car park, I guess he couldn't go out in daylight! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) But they couldn't find a single person to corroborate that he knew Marilyn.

I don't really buy into the conspiracy theories, but I found it an interesting documentary, with some great interviews but not enough detail.

Overall note: 3 out of 5 stars - 2 stars for the interviews, but only 1 star for investigation.

This post has been edited by Tara: Aug 7 2005, 10:04 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th January 2021 - 04:45 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.