Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Somos Magazines, Spain
Share |
Stacy
post Dec 6 2004, 09:24 AM
Post #1
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

June 2001 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/redsitting.gif) mm

I scanned an article in this magazine because I thought it might deal with her time in Mexico. Not being able to read Spanish, I have no idea what it says.
Could someone read this and tell me the details?
Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mmmaf_116.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File Somos_Cover.jpg ( 122.49K )Number of downloads: 114
Attached File Somos_a.jpg ( 99.1K )Number of downloads: 111
Attached File Somos_b.jpg ( 143.55K )Number of downloads: 142
Attached File Somos_c.jpg ( 189.94K )Number of downloads: 150
Attached File Somos_d.jpg ( 188.67K )Number of downloads: 104

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
linkeando
post Dec 6 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #2
I´ll follow her... always

Group Icon

With a lot of pleasure I will try to help you with my poor English

MAGAZINE "SOMOS" (We are)
THE COVER TITLES "EL MITO DEL SIGLO, MARILYN MONROE" (The myth of the century)
ARTICLE "ANTONIO CABALLERO, EL OJO QUE ROBÓ SU INTIMIDAD" (Antonio Caballero, the eye that it stole her intimacy)

Durante la estancia de Marilyn Monroe en Méjico, el incipiente fotógrafo Antonio Caballero tuvo la suerte de captar una de las tres gráficas que magnificaron su sensual imagen y ayudaron a perpetuarla como Reina del Erotismo por Alejandro Salazar (During Marilyn's Monroe stay in Mexico, the incipient photographer Antonio Gentleman had the luck to capture one of the three graphs that magnified her sensual image and they helped to perpetuate it like Queen of the Eroticism)

Antonio Caballero was the photographer who demonstrated to the world that Marilyn didn't use panties. It was during the conference on February 22, 1962 at the Continental Hotel. Antonio was 22 years old. He was photographer of the newspaper Cine Mundial

The article is an interview to this photographer and he remembers that day. As of habit, Marilyn had not been punctual. The conference had been programmed at 15:30h at the Livingroom Viceroys (Salón Virreyes)

Healso says that it reproduced some copies, one of them sold it to the Italian Max Koslowski who got rich when selling it in Europe.

This post has been edited by linkeando: Dec 6 2004, 02:17 PM

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Dec 6 2004, 03:46 PM
Post #3
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

Thank you so much Jeannette. There are many more articles about Marilyn in this magazine. I will scan them if you would like. The articles are:
1. Introduction
2. Biographia
3. Amores
3. Entorno
4. Frases
5. Favoritos
6. Cine
7. Peliculas
8. Musica
9. Marilyn en Mexico
10. Antonio Caballero
11. Diosa
12. Libros
13. Internet
14. Muerte
15. Misterios
16. Imitadoras

+Quote Post
linkeando
post Dec 6 2004, 03:54 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

only if you want

1. Introduccion (Introduction)
2. Biografía (Biography)
3. Amores (Lovers)
3. Entorno (Surrounding)
4. Frases (Quotes)
5. Favoritos (Favorite)
6. Cine (Cinema)
7. Peliculas (Movies)
8. Musica (Music)
9. Marilyn en Méjico (Marilyn in Mexico)
10. Antonio Caballero (Antonio Caballero)
11. Diosa (Goddess)
12. Libros (Bibliography)
13. Internet (Internet)
14. Muerte (Death)
15. Misterios (Mysteries)
16. Imitadoras (Impersonators)

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Dec 6 2004, 06:03 PM
Post #5
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

(IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/redsitting.gif) mm

Here is the chapter on Marilyn in Mexico.

I will post them if you would like Jeannette (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/mmmaf_116.gif) . Let me know. I hate to scan, but I would do it for you and the other memebers who can read Spanish.

Could you please tell me the details of this article.
Who, What Where and When, kind of details? (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/redsitting.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File Somos_e.jpg ( 115.07K )Number of downloads: 101
Attached File Somos_f.jpg ( 200.58K )Number of downloads: 147
Attached File Somos_g.jpg ( 185.1K )Number of downloads: 147

+Quote Post
linkeando
post Dec 6 2004, 09:08 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

The columnist comments that happened in Mexico during Marilyn's stay (immaterial data)
She also writes that Agustin Barrios Gómez requested an interview with Marilyn for his program Table of celebrities (Mesa de celebridades). The public relationships, Lucy Quijada said that it was not possible

She also writes the day of the conference at Hilton. Marilyn visited Toluca and Taxco. Marilyn went to the studies Churubusco where "The angel exterminator" was filmed." She was depicted with Luis Buñuel. When she moved to Taxo "The bandit" it was filmed.

She says that the blond was very received for all, except for "La Doña" who she said that she didn't have interest in knowing her. Emilio Fernández offered her a lunch in his house" La Escondida", in Coyoacán. There are pictures, in one Columba Dominguez appears like hostess with to the film director, too.
And lastly she makes reference to José Bolaños, indicating that it took it to him I get the brown and thin director of Mexican cinema

This post has been edited by linkeando: Dec 6 2004, 09:18 PM

+Quote Post
Kadri
post Dec 17 2004, 12:22 PM
Post #7
romantic & fiery

Group Icon

Unfortunately my Spanish Magazines are very insufficient (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/sadballerina.gif) But I have this Magazine...It's great! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) Thanks for helping Jeannette...

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Dec 17 2004, 01:15 PM
Post #8
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

Wonderful. Thanks!

+Quote Post
Tara
post Oct 4 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #9
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

QUOTE(linkeando @ Dec 6 2004, 09:08 PM) [snapback]67128[/snapback]
The columnist comments that happened in Mexico during Marilyn's stay (immaterial data)
She also writes that Agustin Barrios Gómez requested an interview with Marilyn for his program Table of celebrities (Mesa de celebridades). The public relationships, Lucy Quijada said that it was not possible

She also writes the day of the conference at Hilton. Marilyn visited Toluca and Taxco. Marilyn went to the studies Churubusco where "The angel exterminator" was filmed." She was depicted with Luis Buñuel. When she moved to Taxo "The bandit" it was filmed.

She says that the blond was very received for all, except for "La Doña" who she said that she didn't have interest in knowing her. Emilio Fernández offered her a lunch in his house" La Escondida", in Coyoacán. There are pictures, in one Columba Dominguez appears like hostess with to the film director, too.
And lastly she makes reference to José Bolaños, indicating that it took it to him I get the brown and thin director of Mexican cinema

Thanks for the info Jeannette - I love hearing about the Mexico trip.

Does anyone have the photo of her with Bunuel? I love his movies, imagine if he had made one with Marilyn! I'm dreaming again ... (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/sleepingmm2.gif)

+Quote Post
suusmarie
post Oct 7 2005, 12:17 AM
Post #10
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

1997 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File 1997.Somos.Spain.01.jpg ( 30.23K )Number of downloads: 12

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2021 - 05:39 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.