Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All The Available Light
Share |
angelxwingz
post Jul 14 2004, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

So, I was browsing through my local book store when I noticed this book called All the Available Light: A Marilyn Monroe Reader. I picked it up cause it sounded like an interesting read. Its this book with short stories of Marilyn's impact on society and people , written by different authors. Not the best Marilyn book I 've read, but cute. So If any of you happen to see it I recommmened it if you want a light read. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/elastingstar.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wootness
post Aug 19 2004, 08:09 AM
Post #2
That's My Marilyn

Group Icon

I got this book as well. There was this one part in it where the person was talking as if they were Marilyn that I really didnt like. It was very vulger and I didnt like it at all.

+Quote Post
angelxwingz
post Aug 24 2004, 05:15 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Yea, thats Joyce Carol Oates that wrote the book, Blonde. I didn't really like it either but it relates to her book which is a fictious account of Marilyn's life.

+Quote Post
crash32002
post Sep 12 2004, 04:41 AM
Post #4
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Has anyone heard of "All The Available Light: A Marilyn Monroe reader" apparently its a few select essays by well known writers comprised into one book. I saw it the other night and debated about buying it. If anyone else has seen or read it please let me know :-D

[ Nina: Hi Grant, I've moved your post (from the pinned -Marilyn Monroe Books-) to this thread because this is the right topic for your post (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/excl.gif) ]

This post has been edited by Nina: Sep 12 2004, 11:59 AM

+Quote Post
minx_dublin
post Sep 12 2004, 04:36 PM
Post #5
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Hi Grant,

I have read it and found it a worthwhile read. Some feminist essays some more memoirs of the era around Marilyn's fame. It's a good read and I would recommend, it was refreshing, because honestly how many Marilyn bios can one person read........................!!!!(hundreds i know!)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2020 - 06:22 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.