Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Robert Kennedy's Wherabouts
Share |
mels
post Jul 9 2004, 11:53 PM
Post #1
Isn't it delicious?

Group Icon

Once again, this amazing document was compiled by David Marshall for the Forever Marilyn Death Discussion Group.

Excerpt of the attached file :

“The stories, (of a romance between Monroe and RFK), it must be underscored, are not new, though the furor created in late 1985 made it seem so. The first allegation of a reported involvement with Marilyn Monroe was published in 1964 and was promptly picked up and spread by Bobby’s arch-foe in the Administration, the FBI Director himself.
Nobody actually knows for certain if Bobby Kennedy was even in Los Angeles in that Saturday, August 4, though numerous efforts have been made to prove his presence. Ed Guthman, Kennedy’s press secretary, who was with him that weekend, says flatly: “He was never in Los Angeles at the time.” Guthman continues: “He was staying in the Bay area at the ranch of friends near Atherton, having flown in from Washington. He was there with his wife and his four oldest children. He was scheduled to address an American Bar Association meeting in San Francisco that Monday and then take his family to the World’s Fair in Seattle, then fishing on the Washington coast and camping on the Olympic Peninsula with Justice Douglas. It was a combination of business and vacation."

See full credits and URLs in document.
Download available in Acrobat (.pdf) format only.

Mels.
Attached File(s)
Attached File Where_Was_Bobby.pdf ( 79.54K )Number of downloads: 66

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ellen
post May 6 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #2
ellen

Group Icon

shortly before midnight a dark mercedes sped east on olympic boulevardin beverly hills.estimating the car to be driving in excess of fifty five miles per hour,beverly hills police officer lynn franklin flipped on his siren and lights and gave chase.when the mercedes pulled to a stop,franklin cautiously walked to the drivers side and directed his flashlight toward the three occupants. he immediately recognised that the driver was actor peter lawford.aiming his flashlight at the two men seated in the rear,he was surprised to see the attorney general of the united states,robert kennedy,seated next to a third man he later identified as dr ralph greenson.lawford explained he was driving the attornet general to the beverly hilton on an urgent matter. reminding lawford he was in a thirty five mile per hour zone,officer franklin waved them on. taken from "the assasination of marilyn by donald h.wolfe thi (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) s was august 4th just.

+Quote Post
sdpt
post Aug 6 2005, 05:51 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Okay I went to the library to find what our local paper said about Marilyn on the day she died. I scanned all the way through August 3rd. It said that Robert Kennedy was at a trial against some Estes guy. It said that he did his testimony and then quickly left.

+Quote Post
sdpt
post Aug 7 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

okay, okay. I lied, but here's the truth there is a horiztonal photo of Robert, his hands are in place as if he is praying.

SURPRISE - This is a candid photo of Attorny General Robert Kennedy as he testified today before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on the Administration's communications testimony from Chairman Newton Minow of the Federal Communications Committee. After testifying briefly, Kennedy left.

I must've saw the article next to his picture that says... Senate Puts FBI to Work Hunting Estes' 'Man Friday.'

+Quote Post
2Twinkle
post Jul 23 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #5
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

If you know what you are doing, I'm sure it isn't too hard to convince someone:

1) That they saw another person somewhere for a certain period of time, who actually wasn't in that location during that time period.

2) That they didn't see another person somewhere during a certain period of time, who they actually had seen in that place during that time period.

Any surviving witnesses could be questioned with a view to determining whether they have been subjected to any kind of abnormal mental influence.

If I remember right, Peter Lawford's mother, Lady May Lawford, made allegations of her own treatment that could be found to be a similar or related scenario to this. Allegations written off as mental illness on her part. Is that really all it was? Maybe, maybe not. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
Lauren Michele
post Jul 28 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #6
Everlasting Smile

Group Icon

QUOTE(2Twinkle @ Jul 23 2006, 02:09 AM) [snapback]109988[/snapback]
If you know what you are doing, I'm sure it isn't too hard to convince someone:

1) That they saw another person somewhere for a certain period of time, who actually wasn't in that location during that time period.

2) That they didn't see another person somewhere during a certain period of time, who they actually had seen in that place during that time period.

Any surviving witnesses could be questioned with a view to determining whether they have been subjected to any kind of abnormal mental influence.

If I remember right, Peter Lawford's mother, Lady May Lawford, made allegations of her own treatment that could be found to be a similar or related scenario to this. Allegations written off as mental illness on her part. Is that really all it was? Maybe, maybe not. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

But Daniel there are no surviving witnesses. Daniel, are you saying that Lady May Lawford was a good witness, and she was treated rather abused and written off as mentally unstable? I think that's what I gathered. Sorry if I am far off....Lauren Michele

+Quote Post
2Twinkle
post Aug 16 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #7
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(Lauren Michele @ Jul 28 2006, 09:10 AM) [snapback]110416[/snapback]
But Daniel there are no surviving witnesses. Daniel, are you saying that Lady May Lawford was a good witness, and she was treated rather abused and written off as mentally unstable? I think that's what I gathered. Sorry if I am far off....Lauren Michele

Hi Lauren Michele (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
Lady Lawford seemed to think that the Kennedy family was trying to shut her up (not specifically regarding Marilyn, though).
Here's some of the part of the book 'Bitch' (her autobiography as told to Buddy Galon) where she talks about Marilyn (pages 77-80) -

Bobby Kennedy was often a guest at Peter and Patricia's beach house. In fact, it seems to me that Bobby was at Peter's house at the time of Marilyn Monroe's death....

Marilyn Monroe seemed such a lovely girl. I once asked Peter why he did not invite her to some of our parties. He said, "I don't think she is your cup of tea, Mother." But he and Pat saw her often.

The night that Marilyn died, I called Peter out at the Santa Monica beach house. The telephone lines were very busy, but I finally got through. "I've been robbed!" I exclaimed to Peter, who could have cared less about my dwindling jewel and silver collection. In the background I thought I heard that awful Boston accent of Bobby Kennedy. "Later" was Peter's one word solution to my concern over the third break-in and burglary. Then he hung up.

The next day when I heard about Marilyn's last phone call to Peter, I realized that my call to Peter the previous night - about eight o'clock - was near the same time.... [another 1+ pages I could type out here, still relevant, but I'll jump on]

....When I was talking to Peter about Marilyn's death, I did not mention to him that I knew his bright yellow helicopter was not parked by the beach house. Instead, a dark colored helicopter, like the Kennedy boys used to rent, had been parked at Peter's house. I did not say a word about having heard Bobby's voice in the background of the telephone call. I was totally mum about the neighbor who saw Bobby Kennedy going into Marilyn's house the afternoon of her death. Yet I could not remain totally quiet in speaking to my son so I slobberingly fawned on and on about the frontpage newspaper photograph of smiling Bobby Kennedy - taken of him in San Francisco supposedly about the same time of Marilyn's death the night before.

If we had not been talking on the telephone, I would have given Peter one of my "fisheyes" - like this. When I would lower my right eye into a quivering stare. Peter knew that the "fish eye" translated to "I don't believe a word that you tell me.".... [another 18+ lines]

+Quote Post
marilyns_firstki...
post Oct 2 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #8
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

i think there's a big problem with this story. one lady lawford hated the kennedy's and thought they were out to get her. she was supposedly an alcoholic and also very old in 1962. i believe almost 80 or so. anyhow, another thing, is in the fbi files on peter lawford it shows there was a break in during 1961. and she told peter when she called him that there was another robbery, the third one...which to me seems like a cry for more publicity. there is no report in any fbi files that there was more than one robbery. also the files are very fuzzy and hard to read so i really could'nt read all the details. another thing, after she called peter a homosexual he really didn't have much of a relationship with her...she also lied about things concerning pat kennedy lawford...so i really cannot believe this story is true...
i wonder where she lived at the time. i know it wasn't close to peter so how could she possibly know there was a helicopter at his beach house. and how would she even know his neighbor...i honestly believe robert kennedy was not at marilyns house on aug 4.

+Quote Post
2Twinkle
post Oct 23 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #9
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Having read the book, I don't discount anything Lady Lawford said; but I'm not trying to suggest that she had definitely correct information. (Cheap s/h copies of the book can be found on-line, if anyone wants to read the whole section on Marilyn in context)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2019 - 12:41 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.