Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you think Marilyn died?, Let's open the debate
Share |
In your opinion, how did Marilyn die?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 202
Guests cannot vote 
mels
post Jul 6 2004, 10:43 PM
Post #1
Isn't it delicious?

Group Icon

Here we go...

Let's open the debate regarding Marilyn's death. Before entering into details in long theories, let's see what you all think!

I'm voting for "accidental". I still have to study carefully the corrolation between her autopsy and what we know about her medication, but I do think there was an uncompatibily between several of her treatments or that her body rejected the mix between to medications.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ilikeithot
post Jul 7 2004, 03:21 AM
Post #2
I specialize!

Group Icon

Iīm going with accidental too, Mels. I believe it was accidental on her part though and someoneīs negligence helped her untimely death. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

You can see a little topic about this here

+Quote Post
Lorraine
post Jul 7 2004, 09:58 AM
Post #3
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Mmmmmm,i suppose i am not entirely sure,but it was strange how Marilyn was found in the postion she was found in on the bed stretched out with her hand on the phone,almost like she was placed that way.....but we will never know.God Bless her

+Quote Post
MM_Yvonne
post Jul 7 2004, 10:03 AM
Post #4
a penny for your thoughts

Group Icon

yeah...i agree with you all....i know this sound horrible, but in a way it`s sort of good that she died...cuz if she was still alive, i don`t think she would have had so many fans.....i mean look at liz taylor...don`t think she has fans like us...but any way...that`s just my opinion

+Quote Post
Val
post Jul 7 2004, 01:17 PM
Post #5
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Group Icon

QUOTE(MM_Yvonne @ Jul 7 2004, 11:03 AM)
yeah...i agree with you all....i know this sound horrible, but in a way it`s sort of good that she died...cuz if she was still alive, i don`t think she would have had so many fans.....i mean look at liz taylor...don`t think she has fans like us...but any way...that`s just my opinion
[snapback]56750[/snapback]

It does sound horrible. I'm pretty sure you didn't phrase this the way you wanted to. I mean who cares about the fans if they're dead
(IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) It's a very high price to pay. Go ask Liz Taylor if she rather be alive or be dead but considered as a myth.

+Quote Post
MM_Yvonne
post Jul 7 2004, 03:49 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

i don`t mean it like that Val...but i don`t know how TO put it so that you`ll understand....I`m sorry

+Quote Post
MM_Yvonne
post Jul 7 2004, 03:50 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

oh man! now i feel like such a terreble person!

+Quote Post
Val
post Jul 7 2004, 04:28 PM
Post #8
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Group Icon

QUOTE(MM_Yvonne @ Jul 7 2004, 04:50 PM)
oh man! now i feel like such a terreble person!
[snapback]56780[/snapback]

Don't feel that terrible. I wrote above that I was sure you did not phrase that concept the way you wanted. I figured out you did not really mean it.

+Quote Post
MM_Yvonne
post Jul 7 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

yeah, exacly<----don`t know how you write that) did not mean it like the way it sounds.

+Quote Post
Celia
post Jul 8 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #10
Celia

Group Icon

I used to think she was murdered but Iīm not sure now,so Iīve voted accidental.
I just doubt that the Kennedys killed her.
I strongly believe there was a cover up, but I think that there was a reason for it: They had to allow time to remove all things liking Marilyn and the kennedys if itīs true that they were having a relationship.

+Quote Post
angelxwingz
post Jul 13 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(MM_Yvonne @ Jul 7 2004, 10:03 AM)
[snapback]56750[/snapback]

I know exactly what you mean. Would her legend have grown if she did not met such a sudden tragic, and untimely death? I think the reason alot of her fans became attracted to her was because of her death, in some sort of weird way. When people die they all of a sudden become legends, even though Marilyn was a living legend. I would have loved to see her live longer to see what she had in store for us, but in a way its better she died young so we will always remember her in her youth and as beautiful. Only the good die young.

As for me, I believe she was murdered. I did a paper on it in school that was 15 pages of pure fact surrounding her affairs with John and Bobby. I believe they were the ones responsible for it, but I wont go into it right now.

+Quote Post
Celia
post Jul 13 2004, 07:10 PM
Post #12
Celia

Group Icon

I agree with you. She wouldnīt have been sooooo famous.
However I think she would have been as famous as Greta Garbo , Clark Gable
or Charles Chaplin. And they are all great legends.
Elisabeth Taylor, whom someone mentioned above, is not that great for me.
I think she was never at Marilynīs level , maybe Iīm wrong, but I also heard that Taylor was a
bit angry because they called her a legend and not a myth like Marilyn. But I think thatīs exactly the difference.

+Quote Post
Val
post Jul 13 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #13
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Group Icon

I don't know. The first time I saw Marilyn on the screen - and was immediately fascinated - I did not even know she was dead. So that can be true but it is not true for me.

+Quote Post
Meikkuli
post Jul 13 2004, 08:51 PM
Post #14
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Val @ Jul 13 2004, 07:23 PM)
I don't know. The first time I saw Marilyn on the screen - and was immediately fascinated - I did not even know she was dead. So that can be true but it is not true for me.
[snapback]57489[/snapback]

I totally agree. I think she had something - what they call flesh impact -that no one (at least to me) never had before nor after. (They said Garbo did, but I never liked her...) I donīt know any other actress who just glows, you know...and you cannot look at anyone else when she is on screen. Her image on screen was magical, mystical, bigger than life.
As for the topic...I also voted accidental. Of course, no one can know for sure. But at the moment it is the most plausible explanation to me. However, I do believe there was cover-up afterwards, otherwise all the discrepancies would be hard to explain. Whether she accidentally overdosed it or it was her doctorīs fault I havenīt made up my mind.

+Quote Post
Val
post Jul 13 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #15
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Group Icon

QUOTE(Meikkuli @ Jul 13 2004, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE(Val @ Jul 13 2004, 07:23 PM)
[snapback]57489[/snapback]

I totally agree. I think she had something - what they call flesh impact -that no one (at least to me) never had before nor after. (They said Garbo did, but I never liked her...) I donīt know any other actress who just glows, you know...and you cannot look at anyone else when she is on screen. Her image on screen was magical, mystical, bigger than life.
As for the topic...I also voted accidental. Of course, no one can know for sure. But at the moment it is the most plausible explanation to me. However, I do believe there was cover-up afterwards, otherwise all the discrepancies would be hard to explain. Whether she accidentally overdosed it or it was her doctorīs fault I havenīt made up my mind.
[snapback]57495[/snapback]

I beleive - admitting it was an accident - that it was both her responsibility (she was not stupid and was certainly aware that the large amount of psych drugs she was taking could do no good in the end) and her doctor's too who mishandled her completly.

+Quote Post
Fav
post Jul 15 2004, 08:18 PM
Post #16
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I voted for accidental death. Though it is documented she tried to kill herself on numerous occasions - they were cries for help but no-one heard those cries on this occasion. Also, maybe I like to believe the best of people and not in 'the evil that men do' ie she wasn't murdered by someone though sometimes the truth can be stranger than fiction.

+Quote Post
linkeando
post Jul 16 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #17
Iīll follow her... always

Group Icon

i voted wrong medication because i believe in the Spotoīs theory

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Jul 21 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #18
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

I agree with Jeannette.
I think it was a wrong mixture of medication because he doctors didn't know what the other had given her.
I think it was accidental, and Spoto does a nice job of presenting that opinion.
I also belive that there was a clean-up by her doctors and Mrs. Murray of the
death scene and a cover-up by the Kennedy associates of any items that might
prove embarrassing to the Kennedys.

This post has been edited by chickeyonthego: Jul 21 2004, 11:04 AM

+Quote Post
Celia
post Jul 22 2004, 07:41 PM
Post #19
Celia

Group Icon

Hi Stacy!! Hope you are fine!
Do you really think that Mrs Murray actually applied the enema? As Spoto puts it?
I used to believe it but I changed my mind when someone told me that Spoto is someway related to the kennedys and that he was taken to court for what he said about other writers and lost the trial.
Honestly, I donīt know what to think. I wish the case were reopened so that we could finnally know the truth (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)

+Quote Post
breathein
post Jul 22 2004, 11:28 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

for now i think it's accidental, but you never know...

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 05:26 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.