Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "random Marilyn Questions" Thread, single random MM facts you wanna ask??
Share |
Alanma
post Jun 28 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #21
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I don't think she did either, but that is only an opinion.
There is no doubt that Marilyn's health was at times poor during her time in England. As a child and teenager I had to help nurse my mother through continued bad health, though a different cause, and knew the signs.
Whenever Marilyn was reported sick, to Olivier's office, the response was too often of the 'Oh, Yeah, pull the other other one..'
variety. After all, the old stagers forming the rest of the cast were alright, weren't they, and Marilyn was, or looked, a robustly healthy young woman.
They tended to put down her sick-days as the result of too much drink or too many pills.
There were a couple of days when Marilyn was confined to her room and visited by a distinguished doctor.
As Marilyn's endometriosis led to her having a bit of a 'tummy' at times, this lead to much whispering and gossip in corners, and I think it was this prattle that fed the rumour mill about a miscarriage.
Marilyn was, in fact, a very private person, and to my mind it is unthinkable that she would confide such a calamity as a miscarriage to anyone other than her husband and doctor.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abeautifulchild
post Jun 29 2008, 07:28 AM
Post #22
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Thank you to both Tara and Alan.
I tend to believe that too.

Another question: Do you think that MM REALLY did not want to have children with JD? We only know that from The Misfits where Roslyn says that she never wanted children with her ex-husband- and we also know that on her script next to that line she wrote, "Like with JD." But didnt she say that she wanted 6 children when she married him?

+Quote Post
MissCaswell
post Jun 29 2008, 07:46 AM
Post #23
Marilyn encyclopedia

Group Icon

Well wasn't that what she told the press? Of course she'd have to say something like that. Imagine the uproar (from both Joe and the public) if she had told the press that she didn't really want any kids with her husband. I mean, this was the 50s, and he was pretty conservative.

+Quote Post
magda24
post Jun 29 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #24
The light descends from nowhere

Group Icon

QUOTE(abeautifulchild @ Jun 29 2008, 08:28 AM) *
Thank you to both Tara and Alan.
I tend to believe that too.

Another question: Do you think that MM REALLY did not want to have children with JD? We only know that from The Misfits where Roslyn says that she never wanted children with her ex-husband- and we also know that on her script next to that line she wrote, "Like with JD." But didnt she say that she wanted 6 children when she married him?

We'll never know if she meant DiMaggio or Dougherty...I tend to believe she meant DiMaggio when writing this line, but that is just speculation.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 06:17 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.