Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

> Read before you post anything

May 6th 2005 : NEW RULES!

Before you start to post here, please remember that this is the place to ask only questions related to a photo or photographer, dates or events etc. It's not the right forum to post requests for/like

- bigger sizes
- without the watermark
- more from this session etc.

Those (for example) belong to the "Pictures Requests" subforum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The African Queen Premier & Another Event
Share |
msjobean
post Mar 8 2021, 07:45 AM
Post #1
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Hello
I was looking photos where different sources identify them as Marilyn at The African Queen Premier (or after-party, I guess) with Nicholas Ray and Robert Wagner. I think they could be different events. Does anyone know for sure?
In the Robert Wagner photos she is clearly wearing a bracelet (not seen in the Nicholas Ray photo).
The glassware on the tables look different and the table in the Nicholas Ray phone looks round and the other table looks square or rectangular (which is not to say the venue didn't have different shaped tables, and different glassware pending what they were drinking).
I also attach a couple of other photos that I haven't catalogues. One has a notation (which I did not make) saying it was for the Red Book Awards Party, and I note in this photo she appears to be wearing the bracelet seen in the Robert Wagner photo.
The others are of Marilyn seated. In one the glassware is the same as the Robert Wagner photo (I'm guessing she removed her gloves to eat).
I searched ESC heaps before posting, so apologies if these photos have already been subject to discussion.
msjobean (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

Attached File(s)
Attached File African_Queen_Premier_with_Nicholas_Ray__1__WM.jpg ( 221.38K )Number of downloads: 13
Attached File African_Queen_Premier_with_Robert_Wagner__1_.JPG ( 76.49K )Number of downloads: 16
Attached File Earrings_with_Bracelet.jpg ( 80.69K )Number of downloads: 12
Attached File Eating.jpg ( 34.46K )Number of downloads: 10
Attached File Nate_Cutler__1__WM.jpg ( 102.83K )Number of downloads: 9

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Mar 8 2021, 10:52 PM
Post #2
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

Photoplay magazine carries the photo of MM and Nick Ray and identifies it as the African Queen Premier. I bought it as a loose sheet and it does not have the month. Hedda Hopper identifies the event at Sunday, November 25, 1951. Her hair seems a bit different in the Robert Wagner photo.
Attached File(s)
Attached File Photoplay__1952_a.jpg ( 368.3K )Number of downloads: 12

+Quote Post
msjobean
post Mar 9 2021, 12:01 AM
Post #3
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Morning!

Thanks Stacey for helping to confirm The African Queen pictures. I think you are right about the hair too!

This morning I was looking through my files again, and found this picture which reports Marilyn is at Musso & Franks with Bob Having... I googled Bob Having but it yielded no relevant results.

msjobean

Attached File(s)
Attached File Musso___Franks_with_Bob_Having__1__WMa.JPG ( 93.59K )Number of downloads: 8

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Mar 10 2021, 02:31 AM
Post #4
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

interesting. good detective work!

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Mar 14 2021, 11:13 PM
Post #5
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Here's the original post:
http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/?showtopic=19969

+Quote Post
msjobean
post Mar 15 2021, 12:08 PM
Post #6
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

QUOTE(JC 96816 @ Mar 15 2021, 09:13 AM) *

Thank you for the link! I searched repeatedly for it, but it yielded no results.

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Mar 16 2021, 07:50 AM
Post #7
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) That happens often for me...glad to help out. I had problems getting on the boards again today. It must be the servers.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th April 2021 - 07:51 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.