Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

> About the "Pictures Requests" forum

This forum is dedicated to requests only, such as :

- a picture without its watermark,
- a picture in better quality or bigger in size,
- a picture from a specific session.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn's Secretary Shoot (alternates: Sepia, Black & White, Different Poses), Are there any others perhaps.
Share |
Kevin
post Dec 28 2018, 08:19 PM
Post #1
Norma Jeane Fanatic

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif)

I have been wondering for quite some time if there are any other photos of Marilyn in the "secretary photo session" which I believe was shot by Bruno of Hollywood in 1946?

I've only seen two...the full size, decent quality and another, alternative more close up, slightly different pose. I'll try and post the one have below. It's an amazing photo session as it shows her wearing not only her red sweater, black heels but also her yellow bikini skirt. I'm also looking for better quality as well as different poses that may exist.

Hopefully one of my ES Family will have some out take or alternate. Also, I'm insatiable curious to know if this is truly a Bruno shoot.

My friend Katie and I are creating an homage to this. Except without the yellow bikini skirt, typewriter and pencil. Instead, a black vintage skirt, a small laptop, a stylus, stockings and a garter strap. Katie is also 5'-11" in height, slightly taller than Marilyn at only 5'-5 1/2".

Why as an pin-up artist and photographer would I choose this amongst so many others? Easily explained: it's one of my favourite, earlier shoots of her career. Secondly: It shows off NJ's beautiful legs (hence the tiny, yellow skirt) and the sweater her upper body figure. It doesn't matter if any alternate version are in colour, sepia or black and white. Pretty much anything we can find.

Thanks to you all for reading and hopefully attempting to help, it's always appreciated. Thank you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

Kev

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

This post has been edited by Kevin: Dec 28 2018, 08:53 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File article_2180241_14431E6A000005DC_435_634x627.jpg ( 120.81K )Number of downloads: 23

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Dec 29 2018, 04:36 AM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) This is the best copy I've seen of this picture. The one's I've seen have edges cropped off of the shoes or they are flipped. I personally don't know if there are anymore of it. I don't think so. I made you a black and white from the one you posted.
Attached File(s)
Attached File article_2180241_14431E6A000005DC_435_634x627_made_bw.jpg ( 130.78K )Number of downloads: 10

+Quote Post
Kevin
post Dec 29 2018, 12:55 PM
Post #3
Norma Jeane Fanatic

Group Icon

QUOTE(JC 96816 @ Dec 28 2018, 11:36 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) This is the best copy I've seen of this picture. The one's I've seen have edges cropped off of the shoes or they are flipped. I personally don't know if there are anymore of it. I don't think so. I made you a black and white from the one you posted.

That's too bad. Who knows, maybe someday, someone will be cleaning their garage, attic or basement and find a large number of glass transparencies or photos of the entire shoot? I'm pretty sure other shots were taken on that day, such as her in the entire yellow bikini. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about. I'll try to find it on my PC.

Thanks for the black and white JC...again much appreciated for taking the time out to read/reply.

Kev (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Dec 30 2018, 01:16 AM
Post #4
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) You're welcome Kevin, A lot of my MM things are lost due to data failure a while ago. I am finally going through my files. I am working on my magazine scan files now and updating my master list. I really wish someone would post more HQ photos and good magazine scans somewhere again. Anyway, if I find anything else I'll be sure and post it 4u.

+Quote Post
suusmarie
post Dec 30 2018, 02:35 AM
Post #5
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I have these (IMG:style_emoticons/default/coolio.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File 1946.Bernard.RedSweater.02.jpg ( 599.02K )Number of downloads: 29
Attached File 1946.Bernard.RedSweater.01.jpg ( 383.84K )Number of downloads: 25
Attached File 1946.Bernard.RedSweater.03.jpg ( 869.22K )Number of downloads: 24

+Quote Post
Kevin
post Dec 30 2018, 08:31 PM
Post #6
Norma Jeane Fanatic

Group Icon

QUOTE(JC 96816 @ Dec 29 2018, 08:16 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) You're welcome Kevin, A lot of my MM things are lost due to data failure a while ago. I am finally going through my files. I am working on my magazine scan files now and updating my master list. I really wish someone would post more HQ photos and good magazine scans somewhere again. Anyway, if I find anything else I'll be sure and post it 4u.
Thanks JC, I really do appreciate it.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink3.gif)
QUOTE(suusmarie @ Dec 29 2018, 09:35 PM) *
Wow!!! Thanks so much Suus,I've never seen these in such large scale/quality before. The one I posted was th e best I had.Thanks again so much.Kev (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Dec 30 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #7
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Thanks Suus, I made black and whites....

This post has been edited by JC 96816: Dec 30 2018, 09:25 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File 1946.Bernard.RedSweater.01_BW.jpg ( 307.17K )Number of downloads: 7
Attached File 1946.Bernard.RedSweater.02_BIG_BW.jpg ( 391.03K )Number of downloads: 6

+Quote Post
suusmarie
post Dec 31 2018, 02:58 AM
Post #8
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Kevin @ Dec 30 2018, 08:31 PM) *
Thanks so much Suus,I've never seen these in such large scale/quality before. The one I posted was th e best I had.Thanks again so much.Kev (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

My pleasure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 08:17 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.