Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Es Problems?
Share |
memaria
post Aug 27 2019, 06:51 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Sad. I guess this is the death of ES.
The admins don't seem to care. It could be done, the upgrading, move to a different server or what they call it.
But no ask for help. Just... nothing. Very sad.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joan Newman
post Aug 30 2019, 05:22 AM
Post #42
Daisy

Group Icon

QUOTE(memaria @ Aug 27 2019, 05:51 PM) *
Sad. I guess this is the death of ES.
The admins don't seem to care. It could be done, the upgrading, move to a different server or what they call it.
But no ask for help. Just... nothing. Very sad.

I promise you, Marianne, they care. I have been here for 17 years !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Sep 11 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #43
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Something needs to be done quickly. Let's start off 2020 getting new members, pix, articles and info. We can do this. Thank you to everyone who has posted their material here. I truly appreciate your time and effort. I have learned a lot about MM and hopefully made some good friends here. I miss being able to check out the boards with my morning coffee, cocoa or tea. Admins, please help...We have supported you. It's time for you to support and help us members. We should make a new topic - 'suggestions for the new board' I personally have a lot of them.

+Quote Post
mels
post Sep 12 2019, 08:31 AM
Post #44
Isn't it delicious?

Group Icon

Hi everyone,

My apologies for not posting here for a while.
I've just read some comments from people here that I find quite saddening. It's extremely harsh to say that we don't care.
My husband and I have ve spent countless hours and money trying to solve this issue and still do so. I give more than 50 euros every month to host these boards, and again countless time to try and solve the issues, with full time jobs and 2 kids to raise. Tara has been wonderful as well and offered her support and help over the years even after having stepped back from being an admin. None of us is payed for this, please keep this in mind as well. We've also had Scott Fortner's support. All these people have been working behind the scenes for you, for a long time.

ES is free of ads so you can enjoy browsing here without being interupted all the time. I hope you realised this. We could easily turn is place in a cash machine but we are not. So please don't say we don't help and don't say 'it's time for you to support us members' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink3.gif) You've might not realised this over the years but I think that all the money, time and ethics we have put on this site for 15 years we do support members. Believe me it would be MUCH easier to close everthing down, but I don't want all the hard work that you all have made accross the years go away.

We are running out of solutions. The software is too old to be maintainted and we can't move to a newer version of it + more than 40 To of pictures which is extremely complex to handle as well. We know that ES is an invaluable place for many of you that's why we are doing our best but I hope you understand that we have limited means, just like all humans do : time, money and and the technology we need are not unlimited.... We are at the point of rebooting the server several times a time so you can still access things.

It's okay if you guys decide to move on to another place, and I'll be happy to assist if I can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

To everyone who has been supporting us for all this time with all the ups and down, thank you <3 <3

+Quote Post
memaria
post Sep 12 2019, 12:38 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Is this not possible then?

https://invisioncommunity.com/services/migrate/

I guess if not, the only other option would be to start a new forum and move as much as possible manually over there.

It would be devastating if this site crashed completely and everything was lost, as happened to one of my other favourite forums!

+Quote Post
Fav
post Sep 12 2019, 09:33 PM
Post #46
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Hi Mels

Great to hear from you. I hope you and the family are well. I think the majority here realise that you all care a great deal and have given a lot of blood, sweat and tears to it all. I think people are just getting frustrated and despondent with not being able to access photos and the fact that the site feels like it has come to a dead halt as it isn't open to any new members, who would help to revitalise the site and bring it back to how it was in its heyday. This site is a glorious place of celebration for Marilyn and is a very valuable resource but as late has felt a bit like a wake for her. I think it is fair to say that everyone has the deepest empathy for you all after all we are all here for one reason - because we love Marilyn. Key people on this site have offered time, money, help. It doesn't all have to be on your shoulders. Is there anything we can all do to help? It would be great to hear if there are any possible solutions to the problems long term and if you would consider opening it to new members again if the photo issues can be sorted in some way. Or is this it now and will there not being any positive change? it would be good to know if there is any hope at all. If not, we can let go of it for good.

Thanks for listening.

QUOTE(mels @ Sep 12 2019, 08:31 AM) *
Hi everyone,

I've just read some comments from people here that I find quite saddening. It's extremely harsh to say that we don't care.
My husband and I have ve spent countless hours and money trying to solve this issue and still do so. I give more than 50 euros every month to host these boards, and again countless time to try and solve the issues, with full time jobs and 2 kids to raise. Tara has been wonderful as well and offered her support and help over the years even after having stepped back from being an admin. None of us is payed for this, please keep this in mind as well. We've also had Scott Fortner's support. All these people have been working behind the scenes for you, for a long time.

ES is free of ads so you can enjoy browsing here without being interupted all the time. I hope you realised this. We could easily turn is place in a cash machine but we are not. So please don't say we don't help and don't say 'it's time for you to support us members' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink3.gif) You've might not realised this over the years but I think that all the money, time and ethics we have put on this site for 15 years we do support members. Believe me it would be MUCH easier to close everthing down, but I don't want all the hard work that you all have made accross the years go away.

We are running out of solutions. The software is too old to be maintainted and we can't move to a newer version of it + more than 40 To of pictures which is extremely complex to handle as well. We know that ES is an invaluable place for many of you that's why we are doing our best but I hope you understand that we have limited means, just like all humans do : time, money and and the technology we need are not unlimited.... We are at the point of rebooting the server several times a time so you can still access things.

It's okay if you guys decide to move on to another place, and I'll be happy to assist if I can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

To everyone who has been supporting us for all this time with all the ups and down, thank you <3 <3

+Quote Post
Fav
post Sep 20 2019, 06:17 PM
Post #47
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Gosh and silence again. I love this place and will always admire Marilyn but I give up. It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

+Quote Post
Joan Newman
post Sep 21 2019, 02:33 AM
Post #48
Daisy

Group Icon

QUOTE(mels @ Sep 12 2019, 07:31 AM) *
Hi everyone,

Thank you Mels !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/throb.gif)
I'm here for the long haul ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif) I have been happy the last couple of days chatting with members and seeing pictures again. To me it's not just about the pictures, news articles, videos, etc., though they are priceless. You guys have been my family for 15 years !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) I love you guys ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/throb.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hug.gif) I am so honored and grateful to be a member of ES.
Even if we had to start ALL over again from scratch, no nothing, I would be THRILLED to stay on.

Thank you ALL so much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

+Quote Post
Alanma
post Sep 21 2019, 12:36 PM
Post #49
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I echo that, wholeheartedly.

Edit. Why is my signature pic. lost in a fog ?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 04:35 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.