Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Es Problems?
Share |
Alanma
post Apr 17 2019, 10:08 PM
Post #21
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Thank you, Tara. Please keep us informed as to progress.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Apr 19 2019, 04:42 AM
Post #22
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

Thank you Tara. I was beginning to wonder about ES. Good to know Mels is aware of the problem. Thanks for all you guys do behind the scenes. Rarely see some people on anymore....

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Apr 19 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #23
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) There have been a lot of days lately where I am getting an error message 'server not found'...So far it's been that way as long as 5 days in a row.

Another problem is that I cannot see the latest posts...then I'll get back on the boards and it will say 'yesterday' or such and such a date before I can see them.
Also: haven't been able to upload my new items as I promised...there's a long pause...then doesn't upload.

+Quote Post
Stacy
post May 13 2019, 09:35 AM
Post #24
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

Where have all our pictures gone and can they be recovered?!

+Quote Post
mels
post May 13 2019, 08:21 PM
Post #25
Isn't it delicious?

Group Icon

Hi everyone,

As Tara explained we are experiencing technical difficulties with ES. Most of you have been here for a very long time now so you probably remember that we have been facing this issue several years ago. Back then, after several months we had found a way to improve things, moved everything to a new server and changed the way the boards and sites are hosted. For a while it worked. And then things started getting bad again. We are doing everything that is possible to make things work all right again but it's complicated, it takes a lot of time, and on the top of that we don't know exactly what is causing the issue.

We have strong suspicions about the boards and think that they might be causing the issue. The code is old and can't be maintained and there is no way to upgrade to a newer solution, so if the code is causing this, we'll keep having issues. Another possibility is that there are MANY files hosted; heavy ones to boot. It's one of the greatest strengths of this community but also its weakness in terms of server space, performance, reliability (and cost (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) )).

We need to find the cause to all this in order to see if there is something we can do to prevent it from happening. It's a long and complicated process but we're working on it. In the meantime, we are doing everything in our power to improve the situation, but I can't promise we will be able to solve this problem for good.

To be more concrete: we moved everything again this weekend. In the process, links to the pictures were broken but we fixed that right away. It stopped working again a few hours ago and we have put them up again, Stacy it's all fine now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

I am deeply sorry about the frustration this is causing to all of you. Please be assured that we are aware of this and trying to find solutions, as much as we can, time & budget-wise.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)
Mels

+Quote Post
Stacy
post May 14 2019, 06:01 AM
Post #26
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

So glad the pictures could be saved. Whew!
Thanks for taking care of ES for us. I hope there is
Some solution to be found. I have faith in you Mels...
and whoever is working with you!

+Quote Post
memaria
post May 14 2019, 11:39 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2019 - 02:51 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.