Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn Lost And Forgotten: Images From Hollywood Photo Archive By Colin Slater, March 2018
Share |
flowing stream
post Sep 18 2017, 02:58 AM
Post #1
Super admirer

Group Icon

Hi all,

A new book to be published in March 2018-hardback with 160 pages according to Amazon.com and the Book Depository

Marilyn Lost and Forgotten: Images from Hollywood Photo Archive

From the beginning of her modeling career in 1944 as Norma Jeane Mortensen to her death as the voluptuous Hollywood icon in 1962, Marilyn Monroe posed for thousands of modeling and publicity photos, scores of which have long been forgotten or abandoned in neglected studio archives. This book collects 100 of the rarest of the rare, seldom previously seen images of her brief modeling career, early days on the 20th Century Fox lot, then in candids between scene takes and traveling as a public figure as the wife of Arthur Miller and Joe DiMaggio. For the Monroe fans who think that they have seen it all, this book will provide a new lens on a beloved American icon.

I hope that it will truly contain unseen images and I look forward to it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Sep 18 2017, 04:15 AM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

We fans here have seen the rarest of the rare photos of NJ's early stuff. Don't know what they have that we haven't seen.

+Quote Post
flowing stream
post Sep 18 2017, 11:14 AM
Post #3
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(meganmarilyn @ Sep 18 2017, 03:15 PM) *
We fans here have seen the rarest of the rare photos of NJ's early stuff. Don't know what they have that we haven't seen.

Yes that's true but you never know! I bet there are still photos that have not been seen or published. Let's hope for the best.

+Quote Post
MarilynSings
post Nov 11 2017, 11:09 AM
Post #4
Marilyn Sings

Group Icon

...and a rare photo printed full page in good quality is better than a low res image on the internet.

+Quote Post
Considerate
post Nov 12 2017, 02:29 AM
Post #5
It was great so what the hell!!

Group Icon

almost every book i have overlaps ... new images, ones i've seen already, rarely matters, can't help myself. i think they know this of me :-)

Thanks for the heads-up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)
(hi all,,,, been a while... was seduced by all the pretty facebook pictures ... missed this place... and Tara keeps 'draggin' me back in'
i'll try to no write too often ...)

Good thoughts are all i want to hold ...

Grant

This post has been edited by Considerate: Nov 12 2017, 02:30 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 09:32 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.