Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest: please Log In.
Everlasting Star is now a private community which no longer accepts new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

> Read before you post anything

This section of the forums is moderated which means that whenever you post a topic, it will not directly appear on the forums, and this because we want to avoid duplicate postings and posting topics in the wrong forum. Instead, the admins and mods will receive a notification of a pending post and will review it before validating it for display.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn Monroe Celebrating An American Icon, Canadian, Texas
Share |
Stacy
post Oct 19 2016, 04:46 AM
Post #1
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

I was able to go see this exhibit on the 14th. Nothing I hadn't seen, but still the photographs were wonderful. They didn't include the nudes as they didn't seem fitting. The woman leading our tour told me, "We had to accept the nudes with the other photographs, so we just put them in a closet." This is a small North Texas town, and they just had a tour of 8th graders before we toured. Marilyn's nudes are still causing concern all these years later. Here is an Marilyn Education Kit when the tour was in Albury, New South Wales. https://eservice.alburycity.nsw.gov.au/port..._ZPZkqbeNxs.PDF This stunning Cecil Beaton was among the photographs at the exhibit.
Attached File(s)
Attached File The_Citadelle_Art_Foundation__Marilyn.jpg ( 183.3K )Number of downloads: 10
Attached File The_Citadelle_Me_and_marilyn.jpg ( 75.73K )Number of downloads: 17
Attached File The_Citadelle_Art_Foundation__Marilyn_b.jpg ( 200.68K )Number of downloads: 9

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 11:29 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.