Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does Anyone Have The Full Version Of This?
Share |
JC 96816
post Jun 17 2016, 11:40 PM
Post #1
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) I've seen this picture many times, always cropped - I found this particular one in big pictures 2 here...

Who is the other person in it?

Attached File(s)
Attached File 34658_0165_122_55lo_1_.jpg ( 484.06K )Number of downloads: 34

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
suusmarie
post Jun 18 2016, 12:52 AM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I am not sure it is cropped, maybe it was shot that way. Have no idea who the lady is. Probably a journalist, as this photo was taken at MMs suite in the Sherry Netherlands Hotel during the Monkey Business promotion tour (IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/coolio.gif)

Two other photos from the same day, which could be framed that way, not cropped. I think MM was the main focus of the photographers interest, and who can blame them, lol...
Attached File(s)
Attached File 1952.08.Press.SherryNetherlandsHotel.NY.04.jpg ( 166.8K )Number of downloads: 33
Attached File 1952.08.Press.SherryNetherlandsHotel.NY.01.jpg ( 195.2K )Number of downloads: 35

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Jun 18 2016, 06:53 AM
Post #3
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Thanks Suus, The two others you posted I don't think I have.

The photo in question is odd to me. I can see why MM would be the main focus but it's odd that this journalist or who ever it is didn't want a photo with herself and MM. It would be great to find out who was in that photo.

I am still checking out the Miscellaneous Pictures thread...a long way to go yet. I am on page 12 of 20...

UPDATE 06/23/16 - I believe I've found the reporter's name - Phyllis Battelle and here's the clipping which I saved from picture investigations page 8 going in order from z-a on the board

I couldn't find any info on her other than she is an American journalist who was born in 1922 (Brainy Quotes.com)

She guested on the Jack Parr show in 1959 Season 2 Episode 207. (IMDB)
also found one and only one picture of her on tumblr taken in 1965 with Julie Andrews.

We can assume she is still living as no death date is shown on these two websites.

This post has been edited by JC 96816: Jun 24 2016, 08:23 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File sherry_netherland_sept_1952_1_.JPG ( 89.23K )Number of downloads: 11
Attached File Phyllis_Battelle_in_1965_with_Julie_Andrews.jpg ( 62.29K )Number of downloads: 12

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 06:32 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.