Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn's Autopsy Report
Share |
Alanma
post May 9 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #1
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I wasn't sure in which slot to post this.
Forewarning - UK TV Channel 5, Wednesday 13th May 9 - 10pm.

"Autopsy; The Last Hours of Marilyn Monroe
Forensic pathologist Dr. Richard Shepherd examines the events leading up to the death of the actress in 1962"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eva
post May 9 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #2
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Oh this will be interesting to watch i remember watching another documentary some years ago with a toxicologist explaining about Marilyn's death, hopefully this program will give more insight on what they have found since?

+Quote Post
princesshapnick
post May 10 2015, 01:18 AM
Post #3
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I, for one, find this UK documentary series to be quite fascinating and interesting. I've watched the ones they have done previously on Elvis Presley, Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson (all drugs-related) and Robin Williams. They generally don't show any graphic death photographs so that's not anything to be worried about if you're considering not watching it for that reason. I remember they did show the well known photo of Elvis in his open casket for his one but that's about it really, luckily.

So I have already set to record Marilyn's and because I think the research that was done on the ones I've seen before were good, I'm sure Marilyn's autopsy details will probably be well-researched too. They generally talk about what drugs the celebrity was taking, why they were taking them, how much they were taking over the recommended amount, what caused their hearts to stop and how it was affecting their insides. They have lookalike actors acting out the last hours of the celebrity plus things like last ever photos taken of the celebrity alive and rare footage on some too.

+Quote Post
Eva
post May 11 2015, 11:20 AM
Post #4
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(princesshapnick @ May 10 2015, 01:18 AM) *
I, for one, find this UK documentary series to be quite fascinating and interesting. I've watched the ones they have done previously on Elvis Presley, Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson (all drugs-related) and Robin Williams. They generally don't show any graphic death photographs so that's not anything to be worried about if you're considering not watching it for that reason. I remember they did show the well known photo of Elvis in his open casket for his one but that's about it really, luckily.

I saw last nights show about O.J Simpson and the death of his ex wife Nicole, it was very interesting how the Pathologist was able to connect all the evidence together and then come to a better conclusion. Hopefully we will understand more about Marilyn's final last hours.

+Quote Post
princesshapnick
post May 12 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #5
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I like the shows a lot. I agree that the pathologist is excellent with his findings. I would highly recommend the ones I've seen so far on Elvis, Anna Nicole, Michael Jackson and Robin Williams. I have recorded the OJ Simpson one and will watch it shortly. I can only assume that case was something else compared to the deaths of the ones I've seen but still very intriguing so I am looking forward to it and Marilyn's one tomorrow (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

+Quote Post
Eva
post May 13 2015, 11:30 PM
Post #6
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

I just watched this i thought it explained the circumstances very well but it didn't go into the enema theory which some people believe?

This was Dr Richard Shepherd final conclusion who led the new investigation, he said Chloral Hydrate and Nembutal taken together can have a fatal effect on the respiratory system and that is why she was trying to call for help with the phone in her hand. Itís curious that she should be given both drugs together of course many people also blame Dr Greenson for his negligence?

She was a powerful, beautiful and seductive woman, used to getting her own way and i can imagine she would be very difficult to resist if she was asking for the drug, but prescribing Nembutal on top of the Chloral Hydrate was like signing her death sentence.

This is a damning piece of evidence ( for Dr Engelberg ) and itís the final piece in the true story about the death of Marilyn Monroe.

This post has been edited by Eva: May 14 2015, 02:25 PM

+Quote Post
CYRILPARIS
post May 19 2015, 12:25 PM
Post #7
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Eva @ May 14 2015, 12:30 AM) *
I just watched this i thought it explained the circumstances very well but it didn't go into the enema theory which some people believe?

This was Dr Richard Shepherd final conclusion who led the new investigation, he said Chloral Hydrate and Nembutal taken together can have a fatal effect on the respiratory system and that is why she was trying to call for help with the phone in her hand. Itís curious that she should be given both drugs together of course many people also blame Dr Greenson for his negligence?

She was a powerful, beautiful and seductive woman, used to getting her own way and i can imagine she would be very difficult to resist if she was asking for the drug, but prescribing Nembutal on top of the Chloral Hydrate was like signing her death sentence.

This is a damning piece of evidence ( for Dr Engelberg ) and itís the final piece in the true story about the death of Marilyn Monroe.

So, why did she try to call for help with the phone while she just had her housekeeper in the next room? It's curious...

+Quote Post
Fav
post May 19 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #8
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Just saw this thread after posting in the other thread! Here's what I said:

"It's just one of the series that runs on Channel 5 about famous people's autopsy reports and deaths. It sounds gruesome and exploitative but it is actually a very interesting programme and very well made. The series has always surprised me.

I have literally just watched this show about Marilyn and I actually thought it was really good and I do suspect, though of course we'll never 100% know, that it reveals how she died. Made me look at Dr Hyman Engleberg in a different light...

Someone has uploaded it on You Tube a couple of days ago. It is definitely worth a watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eliGEk2lthA "

I thought that Eric, but it could have been that she was disorientated (highly likely) and the phone was near and also her usual pattern of crying for help. Also they said that one of the tablets she had been taking caused short term memory loss so she may have forgotten Eunice Murray was there that night. Also even if she had remembered, would she have been able to shout loud enough in such a state as they said her speech in that state would have been incoherant.

Eva - I also thought about the enema theory and was surprised they did not say about it. I had never heard the theory of Greenson shooting her up through the heart with Chloral Hydrate and cracking her rib, that they mention.

+Quote Post
Mark7
post Jun 7 2015, 04:08 AM
Post #9
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Here is the documentary on one of my Marilyn youtube channels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo1Qs38yh1g

Attached File nj.JPG ( 149.1K )Number of downloads: 16

+Quote Post
Margherita
post Jun 7 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #10
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

What's the point if she took chloral hydrate and nembutal together, because the amount of nembutal in her blood was so big - was it 5,2 g - that the nembutal alone could have killed about 3, even 5 persons. So the double or cross affect of those two couldn't have been The Very Point - it could have had only if she had taken relatively small doses of pills of each, like: without chloral hydrate= no particular danger with the amount of nembutal she took, but taking them too, the mixture killed her. But it couldn't have been like that.

And it is not parallel or in line with the fact that Dr. Noguchi found so much of Nembutal in her blood, and certainly also found the existence of chloral hydrate, too.

He was absolutely certain that Nembutal killed her as the main drug. Why is it so important to add nowadays this Chloral Hydrate in the mixture ?

To be able at least in theory to accuse her two doctors present of killing her accidentally, and therefore try to explain that she certainly was not murdered intentionally by a large dose of Nembutal. No murder, just two foolish doctors.

Or is it possible that 5,2 g of Nembutal can get into somebody's blood by eating the pills ? The only way they got into her system must have been an injection or an enema or something similar.

+Quote Post
Fav
post Jun 12 2015, 08:07 PM
Post #11
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Margherita @ Jun 7 2015, 07:04 PM) *
He was absolutely certain that Nembutal killed her as the main drug. Why is it so important to add nowadays this Chloral Hydrate in the mixture ?

It's a few weeks ago since I watched this but I believe the importance, if I recall correctly, was that if Nembutal and Chloral Hydrate are combined they can create short term memory loss so she would have forgotten she had taken the Nembutal and would have took some more - hence the high dose. Don't quote me on that as I'd have to rewatch to make sure it was these two drugs he attributed to this but I think it was this combination.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 03:13 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.