Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For Heaven's Sake (1950), Marilyn photo still supposedly in movie
Share |
meganmarilyn
post Aug 11 2014, 09:00 AM
Post #1
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Check out this interesting tidbit...

(1951-01-20) The Nevada State Journal

Last fall, studio bosses needed a sexy still for a sequence in the picture, "For Heaven's Sake." Rummaging through the files, they found one perfectly tailored to their needs -- a picture of Marilyn Monroe. By the time they had finished appraising that suddenly important picture, Marilyn looked to them like a best bet. They recalled her, gave her a new contract, and immediately rushed her into a major supporting role in "All About Eve."

PLOT:

For Heaven's Sake is a 1950 fantasy film starring Clifton Webb as an angel trying to save the marriage of a couple played by Joan Bennett and Robert Cummings. It was adapted from the play 'May We Come In?' by Harry Segall.
WIKI LINK

Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
Release date: December 15, 1950

This post has been edited by meganmarilyn: Aug 13 2014, 04:29 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File FOR_HEAVEN_S_SAKE_Movie_Poster_01.jpg ( 1.21MB )Number of downloads: 61
Attached File FOR_HEAVEN_S_SAKE_Movie_Poster_02.jpg ( 252.92K )Number of downloads: 75
Attached File FOR_HEAVEN_S_SAKE_HALF_SHEET.jpg ( 348.34K )Number of downloads: 61
Attached File _1951_01_20__The_Nevada_State_Journal.jpg ( 330.03K )Number of downloads: 85

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lorileime
post Aug 11 2014, 01:54 PM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

If this means what I think it means, they did the same thing in the move Riders of the Whistling Pines with Gene Autry. They used a still photo of Marilyn as a deceased character in that movie. I guess they used a photo of her in For Heaven's Sake also. I'd like to see it, but it's too expensive to buy just for that reason.

+Quote Post
audreyfan1
post Aug 11 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #3
Marilyn encyclopedia

Group Icon

I've never even heard of this movie before, but I'm downloading it now and when/if I find the scene with Marilyn's photo, I'll make a screencap for you guys.

I'm downloading it from HERE, a torrent site called "I Love Classics", so if you're a member there, that's where you can get it. I've found a ton of rare classics there, but unfortunately, I Love Classics hasn't accepted new registrations in a few years.

+Quote Post
lorileime
post Aug 13 2014, 01:08 AM
Post #4
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_KbM5sLoqA

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Aug 13 2014, 04:25 AM
Post #5
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Wow, thanxs Tony! HERE SHE IS!!!!

(only fitting that the movie is about an angel that comes to earth. We know who that TRUE angel was!)

This post has been edited by meganmarilyn: Aug 13 2014, 04:31 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File MM_PHOTO_STILL.jpg ( 21.67K )Number of downloads: 100

+Quote Post
linkeando
post Jun 24 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #6
I´ll follow her... always

Group Icon

(IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/uploads/post-412-1407743747_thumb.jpg) (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/uploads/post-412-1407900335_thumb.jpg)

Reading this article, can we understand than that photo was not taken to publicize All About Eve? what do you think?

This post has been edited by linkeando: Jun 24 2018, 03:18 PM

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Jun 26 2018, 12:16 PM
Post #7
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

It isnt' a "still," it is a picture from a magazine. Wonder if we could figure out which one it is?
It seems that this was a publicity photo from All About Eve. I think the article is a bit misleading as to the importance of it's appearance in this movie...it didn't cause Fox to hire her for All About Eve, as it was a publicity still from that movie. But, it did help create more interest in her, as if she needed help, to show her image in another movie, and free publicity for her and Fox.
Here is another article from the Toledo Blade, December 25, 1951.
Attached File(s)
Attached File 501225_MMs_pic_in_clifton_webb_movie.jpg ( 27.04K )Number of downloads: 8

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2018 - 11:28 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.