Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bargain Books, Keep an eye open!
Share |
Alanma
post Feb 3 2014, 05:02 PM
Post #1
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

The remainder-books shops seem to be having "Extra bargain sales" at the moment.
I was in Scarborough today where "Books 4 Less" had original shrink-wrapped copies of "Marilyn Monroe - The Personal Archives" by Cindy de La Hoz, the first 2010 edition for only £6, and the 2012 slip-cased edition for £2.99. The editions are identical in content, just the presentation and cover picture are different. The prices are about a quarter of the original!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Celia
post Feb 3 2014, 11:44 PM
Post #2
Celia

Group Icon

QUOTE(Alanma @ Feb 3 2014, 05:02 PM) *
The remainder-books shops seem to be having "Extra bargain sales" at the moment.
I was in Scarborough today where "Books 4 Less" had original shrink-wrapped copies of "Marilyn Monroe - The Personal Archives" by Cindy de La Hoz, the first 2010 edition for only £6, and the 2012 slip-cased edition for £2.99. The editions are identical in content, just the presentation and cover picture are different. The prices are about a quarter of the original!

Wow!! I wish I was there! I visited Scarborough when I was 15, a long, long time ago!! I bought De Dienes´ Marilyn in Valencia, Spain, some 6 years ago for about 20 € and originally it cost about 100 € if I remember well, in any case I bought it very cheep. Sometimes we should have patience!
Congratulations!

+Quote Post
Paju
post Feb 6 2014, 05:48 PM
Post #3
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Sometimes you get lucky. I've seen the Finnish edition of Fragments in some stores for about 5 euros. And that's not a lot of money for a MM book!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 10:05 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.