Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Love Marilyn, From a great fan.
Share |
Mariposa
post Dec 13 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #1
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Hi!

I suppose I should begin with how I became entranced with Marilyn.

Actually I'd never heard of her but I remember a past boyfriend saying she was a really lovely woman.

Then later I got into the habit of reading the biographies of successful women and how they made it in the world, because I wanted to and I needed some help. One day I picked up a book about Marilyn and then I was hooked. From doubtful beginnings she made her mark and transcended the milieu, where people kept trying to label her, often as just a dumb blonde.

I was thrilled to realise she'd spent many months over here in England whilst making The Prince and the Showgirl.

One day my daughter looking at some images of a young but then blonde Marilyn said that I looked like her - and for a few years I think I did - though obviously nowhere near as beautiful! She became my soulmate.

Through all the many many things that are written about her, still in this day and age, her humanity shines through - just adore her and always will.

I read and watch everything I can about her.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2020 - 03:19 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.