Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey, How Are Ya?
Share |
Jules
post Nov 1 2013, 02:39 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Hey, how are ya?
My name is Julie. I'm 18 and I live in the middle of no where in Ontario, Canada. I attend the university of undecided. I currently work in the kitchen at a restaurant. I'm on a "gap year", trying to figure what I want to do with my life. I have been able to narrow down my courses to police foundations and video game development. If I was to become a cop, I would want to be with the RCMP. If I did game development, I'd want to be with Bioware, Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica or Ubisoft Montreal (just to name a few). My dream job would be to be a big time stand-up comedian.

The first time I ever saw MM, I would say with was maybe 4 (around 1999). I'll try to give you the abridged version. There was this buffet restaurant we used to go to when I was a young kid, and they had all of the pictures of the old stars on the walls.
I remember we would go to this restaurant and we almost always sat in this one booth where they had a large poster of Marilyn Monroe. At the time, I had no idea who she was or anything like that. But that booth become "my booth" lol.
I would ask my mom "who is that pretty lady in the picture", and I would point at the picture. My mom would answer, of course. Then it would turn into this question period where I just had to know the who and the what and why and the how. When my mom told me that she had died, I was just so heartbroken because in my mind, she was "that pretty lady watching over my booth and awaiting my return", and she couldn't be gone! It was devastating to me and my four year old mind. Now I think about it, I laugh a bit, but at the same time, I still feel sad because I that upset by this revelation. As a joke, I try to guilt my mom all the time about it and tell her that she could have hid the truth from me for a while like Santa Claus or something.

Anyway, that's kind of how this fascination began. I think the first film I ever saw with her in it was "Some Like it Hot", my mom was the one that pointed her out to me in the film. As lame and stupid as it sounds, no matter how old I get, somewhere in the back of my mind she'll always be "that pretty lady watching over my booth and awaiting my return". (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)
The restaurant was sold and torn down several years ago, so I guess I can't return, can I?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
msjobean
post Nov 1 2013, 06:31 AM
Post #2
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Aw! Such a sad (but sweet) story. Which picture of Marilyn was in the booth?

Love and light

Ms JoBean (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

+Quote Post
Jules
post Nov 1 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Thank you. I feel like such a dork when I tell people that story, but it is completely true. I was talking to my mom about it a few weeks ago and she just laughed said that she thought I was going to cry right there in the restaurant.

I believe the picture was this one.
(IMG:http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Marilyn-Monroe-pb02.jpg)

+Quote Post
msjobean
post Nov 2 2013, 09:33 AM
Post #4
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Such an iconic photo! It is one of my favourites. MsBean.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2019 - 02:18 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.