Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Rare Pictures (26)
Share |
marilyn144
post Nov 26 2013, 07:27 AM
Post #201
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

RARE RARE RARE RARE !!!!:marilynkiss:..

This post has been edited by marilyn144: Nov 28 2013, 05:30 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File 88228115_o.jpg ( 66.09K )Number of downloads: 144
Attached File 87989313_o.jpg ( 70.33K )Number of downloads: 95
Attached File 89169238_o.jpg ( 13.76K )Number of downloads: 89
Attached File 89245512_o.jpg ( 36.16K )Number of downloads: 84
Attached File 89351315_o.jpg ( 58.27K )Number of downloads: 83
Attached File 89703982_o.jpg ( 104.67K )Number of downloads: 97
Attached File 75215584.jpg ( 80.53K )Number of downloads: 67
Attached File 89916223_o.jpg ( 178.17K )Number of downloads: 133
Attached File 81074560_o.jpg ( 16.74K )Number of downloads: 102
Attached File 87989085_o.jpg ( 318.66K )Number of downloads: 102
Attached File 88531078_o.jpg ( 138.28K )Number of downloads: 104
Attached File 75515809.jpg ( 47.36K )Number of downloads: 129

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mmgeekstar05
post Nov 26 2013, 10:05 AM
Post #202
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Pretty rare to me

This post has been edited by mmgeekstar05: Nov 26 2013, 10:07 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File hrmm.jpg ( 768.06K )Number of downloads: 206
Attached File marilyn_embed1.jpg ( 219.94K )Number of downloads: 184
Attached File marilyn_embed2.jpg ( 79.61K )Number of downloads: 117
Attached File marilyn_monroe_photo1.jpg ( 419.96K )Number of downloads: 107

+Quote Post
CYRILPARIS
post Nov 26 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #203
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Cello @ Nov 26 2013, 01:56 AM) *
[attachment=159516:mmactors...irca1955.jpg][attachment=159517:MMrare19...ttErwit
t.jpg][attachment=159518:MMrare19...tErwitt2.jpg]
[attachment=159519:MMrare19...tErwitt3.jpg][attachment=159520:MMrare1960LML.jpg]

QUOTE(marilyn144 @ Nov 26 2013, 03:01 AM) *

QUOTE(marilyn144 @ Nov 26 2013, 07:27 AM) *
RARE RARE RARE RARE !!!!:marilynkiss:..

(IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)
These pictures are not rares and have been published here!
What's happen here? Where is the serious of ES members?
We are fed up of your publications!
I ask administrators to intervene

This post has been edited by CYRILPARIS: Nov 26 2013, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post
Cello
post Nov 26 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #204
I just want to be wonderful.

Group Icon

QUOTE(CYRILPARIS @ Nov 26 2013, 07:03 AM) *
:nono

Excuse you?? No need to be so RUDE!
Also, I recall an admin announce some time ago (and again in the last thread) that obviously not everything posted will be rare so it's OK to occassionally repost some photos that have appeared previously on rare photo threads... if not, these threads would not be very active. What's rare to someone else might not be rare to a "serious member". I mean really!
If we were down to posting only photos that have never EVER seen the light of day, we would not be on thread 26. So you need to CHILL OUT!

So I ask the admins to intervene on YOUR (typical) snobbery "We are fed up.." Who is this "we"??? And how could you ever be fed up with Marilyn?!

"Serious members!"..PUH-LEASE! I'm on here all the time. Sorry I don't have 1000+ posts yet. Actually, I see now I've been a member since 2006, a whole 3 years prior to you. But noooo I'm not a "serious member."

I guess if CynicParis has already seen something it's not considered rare. Should we ask YOU before we post something on here? (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes1.gif)

This post has been edited by Cello: Nov 26 2013, 05:24 PM

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Nov 26 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #205
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

mods.

This post has been edited by meganmarilyn: Nov 26 2013, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
marilyn144
post Nov 26 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #206
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

QUOTE(CYRILPARIS @ Nov 26 2013, 10:03 AM) *
:nono

why are you so rude?
I just share the photos that I find rare.
I can not guess you knew those photos.

You're not a real fan of Marilyn!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
CYRILPARIS
post Nov 26 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #207
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Cello @ Nov 26 2013, 05:12 PM) *
Excuse you?? No need to be so RUDE!
Also, I recall an admin announce some time ago (and again in the last thread) that obviously not everything posted will be rare so it's OK to occassionally repost some photos that have appeared previously on rare photo threads... if not, these threads would not be very active. What's rare to someone else might not be rare to a "serious member". I mean really!
If we were down to posting only photos that have never EVER seen the light of day, we would not be on thread 26. So you need to CHILL OUT!

So I ask the admins to intervene on YOUR (typical) snobbery "We are fed up.." Who is this "we"??? And how could you ever be fed up with Marilyn?!

"Serious members!"..PUH-LEASE! I'm on here all the time. Sorry I don't have 1000+ posts yet. Actually, I see now I've been a member since 2006, a whole 3 years prior to you. But noooo I'm not a "serious member."

I guess if CynicParis has already seen something it's not considered rare. Should we ask YOU before we post something on here? (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes1.gif)

Sorry ladies!
You confuse ES as facebook or pinterest or tumblr...
Originally, this blog was created to share information, rare photos, investigations, sharing scans of books or magazines but not constantly publish pictures that we know or because you find them just beautiful! We don't need that here! Take the time to review and check all the posts and all new posts each days for do not to publish what has already been published!

Please read again what Tara (admisnistrator) wrote:
http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/ind...st&p=224331
It has come to my attention that some members have been posting large numbers of non-rare pictures on this forum. As older members will know, bandwidth is an issue here. Before you post on this thread, please check if your pictures have been posted previously in the relevant photographer, movie or paparazzi thread. The rare pictures are only for unpublished photos that don't fit elsewhere. Sifting through pages of non-rare photos is not what this thread is for. Obviously I understand that what is rare for one person may not be for another. So when you have large numbers of similar pictures, please take a look at the forum to a) find out if they've already been posted; and b) find out if there is an existing thread for these pictures. And if you have any queries, please don't hesitate to ask on the forum as I'm sure our members will be able to help.

This post has been edited by CYRILPARIS: Nov 26 2013, 08:08 PM

+Quote Post
CYRILPARIS
post Nov 26 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #208
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Cello @ Nov 26 2013, 01:56 AM) *
Attached File MMrare1960ElliottErwitt_1_.jpg ( 24.88K )Number of downloads: 65
Attached File MMrare1960ElliottErwitt2_1_.jpg ( 27.44K )Number of downloads: 75
Attached File MMrare1960ElliottErwitt3_1_.jpg ( 66.56K )Number of downloads: 42

I don't want to be rude Cello but here is an example:
These three Elliott Erwitt's pictures have been published the august 28, 2013 here:
http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/ind...st&p=224487and http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/ind...st&p=224488
so like you are member since january 2006, you don't follow all the publications! You have on the top right "View New Posts" that allows you to be informed of all publications since your last visit. And moreover, you named your photos rare Eliott Erwitt but you didn't publish them in the good post too (Everlasting Star Community > Multimedia > Pictures > Specific sessions > Photographers and Photoshoots)

QUOTE(marilyn144 @ Nov 26 2013, 06:42 PM) *
why are you so rude?I just share the photos that I find rare.I can not guess you knew those photos.You're not a real fan of Marilyn!!!!!!!!!
Sorry and what is a real fan of Marilyn for you?!!!! It's not a little girl who publish anywhere and anyhow. I've never seen here on this site such publications!!! ES is a serious website and not Facebook or Pinterest or Tumblr or another blog!

This post has been edited by CYRILPARIS: Nov 26 2013, 08:50 PM

+Quote Post
marilyn144
post Nov 26 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #209
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

QUOTE(CYRILPARIS @ Nov 26 2013, 04:48 PM) *
These three Elliott Erwitt's pictures have been published the august 28, 2013 here:
http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/ind...st&p=224487and http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/ind...st&p=224488
so like you are member since january 2006, you don't follow all the publications! You have on the top right "View New Posts" that allows you to be informed of all publications since your last visit. And moreover, you named your photos rare Eliott Erwitt but you didn't publish them in the good post too (Everlasting Star Community > Multimedia > Pictures > Specific sessions > Photographers and Photoshoots)
Sorry and what is a real fan of Marilyn for you?!!!! It's not a little girl who publish anywhere and anyhow. I've never seen here on this site such publications!!! ES is a serious website and not Facebook or Pinterest or Tumblr or another blog!

I do not care what you write .. I will continue uploading photos,
you're nobody to tell me what to do. be more respectful.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize to all other members.

+Quote Post
Tara
post Nov 26 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #210
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

Hi all,

I have said in the past that the occasional repeated photo is not such a big problem. However, when the Rare Pictures thread is continually flooded with multiple repeat posts this not only spoils the experience for members, it's also a huge waste of bandwidth. Furthermore, it creates a bad atmosphere. Myself and the other admins have stated countless times over the years that the Rare Pictures thread is only for the latest discoveries that can't yet be categorised. And yet, time and time again, it has been used - though unintentionally, I'm sure - as a random picture thread.

I don't believe Eric means to be rude, or snobbish. I think he is simply frustrated that the same problem keeps coming up, which I can readily understand. And if anyone is upset or annoyed by what I have to say, I'm truly sorry. Please understand that I don't wish to target anyone personally. But ES a user-led forum, not a social media site, and so once again I must ask you all to check through the current thread before you post, and if you know the photographer or event, please go to that thread. And if you're still not sure, try Picture Investigations. Rare Pictures is not a shortcut, or a last resort.

It may sound picky, but if we allow random posting to continue then it will spread across the site. As much as I value everyone's contributions, I also have to protect the integrity of this site. If you have any further questions, please contact myself or another mod privately.

Regards,
Tara

+Quote Post
Celia
post Nov 26 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #211
Celia

Group Icon

QUOTE(CYRILPARIS @ Nov 26 2013, 08:48 PM) *

And I would add: it is impossible to follow all the publications, you know? People have their lives and have to work, study, take care of their families or themselves. This should be a place for the people who love Marilyn, and loving doesn´t mean renounce to your life and do nothing else as to be in everlasting Marilyn all day long, that would be just sick. Moreover we are talking from a person who died 51 years ago and whom unfortunately we cannot help anymore, no matter how much we disscuss her here. There are more important issues in life nowadays than yelling about some pictures being reposted. It is just out of respect for the fans who cannot be here all day and therefore don´t have your large knowledge of Marilyn pictures. I hope you can make your living out of that, or maybe you are rich or retired, lucky you.

+Quote Post
marilyn144
post Nov 26 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #212
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

QUOTE(Celia @ Nov 26 2013, 05:03 PM) *
And I would add: it is impossible to follow all the publications, you know? People have their lives and have to work, study, take care of their families or themselves. This should be a place for the people who love Marilyn, and loving doesn´t mean renounce to your life and do nothing else as to be in everlasting Marilyn all day long, that would be just sick. Moreover we are talking from a person who died 51 years ago and whom unfortunately we cannot help anymore, no matter how much we disscuss her here. There are more important issues in life nowadays than yelling about some pictures being reposted. It is just out of respect for the fans who cannot be here all day and therefore don´t have your large knowledge of Marilyn pictures. I hope you can make your living out of that, or maybe you are rich or retired, lucky you.

Exactly, you're right!
I uploaded photos that seemed unknown, I did not misconduct.
I did not know they had gone before.
I do not live on this page, did not know they were known.

+Quote Post
Celia
post Nov 26 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #213
Celia

Group Icon

QUOTE(marilyn144 @ Nov 26 2013, 09:09 PM) *
Exactly, you're right!
I uploaded photos that seemed unknown, I did not misconduct.
I did not know they had gone before.
I do not live on this page, did not know they were known.

Exactly, and of course he has been rude. Yelling: "We are tired of your posts!! " or "Where are the serious EVM" is rude enough. There are other ways of saying it. What if a member is new? Dos he or she have to spend a couple of years doing nothing else as watching all that has been posted? People have lifes, friends, works, studies, families. This shouldn´t be a place for people who only live for the site. We are here to share and enjoy Marilyn. And if for me a picture is rare and was posted last year in the thread "whatsover" , how are we supposed to know? Are we supposed to have a super memory and remember all the pictures we have seen before? I am sorry, but I don´t.
Of course I understand what the adm say, but it is impossible to control everything here at least on some members´ side.

+Quote Post
marilyn144
post Nov 27 2013, 07:17 AM
Post #214
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

Rare ... "TO ME".

Hope you like it... Espero que les guste.
Attached File(s)
Attached File ljklkkkk.png ( 165K )Number of downloads: 194
Attached File jkhjkjjjj.png ( 152.03K )Number of downloads: 99
Attached File kjlkjlkkk.png ( 143.92K )Number of downloads: 121
Attached File hjhgjjjj.png ( 101K )Number of downloads: 139

+Quote Post
Celia
post Nov 27 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #215
Celia

Group Icon

QUOTE(marilyn144 @ Nov 27 2013, 07:17 AM) *
Rare ... "TO ME".

Hope you like it... Espero que les guste.

Great! I had never seen them! Gracias!

+Quote Post
marilyn144
post Nov 27 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #216
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

QUOTE(Celia @ Nov 27 2013, 01:04 PM) *
Great! I had never seen them! Gracias!

De nada Celia ! : )
Attached File(s)
Attached File 1463101_700036013375105_392736861_n.jpg ( 29.42K )Number of downloads: 186

+Quote Post
Guest_Candle_*
post Nov 27 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #217

One more thing I would like to add, some posters are adding pictures to the Rare thread, but don't think to add them to their respective already created Event category. This is happening more and more due to eBay sellers selling previously unseen pictures of Marilyn from known events she attended.

The result of adding those types of pictures to a Rare Picture thread and not their appropriate event thread? After time passes they get lost within pages and pages of Rare Picture threads, with no immediate reference to retrieve them. It is best to place them in the first place in their appropriate thread if you can.

Just a thought that this side of it needs to be looked at.

This post has been edited by Candle: Nov 27 2013, 09:26 PM

+Quote Post
MarilynDeLioncou...
post Nov 28 2013, 06:57 AM
Post #218
Bye Bye Baby♥

Group Icon

I think to save on bandwidth we should start deleting posts and staff should privately message people.

+Quote Post
Tara
post Nov 28 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #219
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

Hello again,

Thanks to Candle and Marilyn DeLioncourt for your thoughtful posts.

However, I'm disappointed that my previous warning was ignored by some others. Marilyn144, you have been warned before about making multiple random posts on this thread.

I have said before that the occasional repeat post is not the issue here. I understand that members have busy lives and don't have unlimited time for Marilyn. (This applies to mods too, by the way.) And I also understand that the definition of rare is highly subjective. However, the real problem lies with a minority of users who post without thinking. If you don't know where a picture belongs, there are better ways to find out than posting it randomly here.

After discussing this recurring problem with both Mels and Paju, I am closing this thread. Furthermore, there will be no more generalised 'rare pictures' threads. In future, the Rare Pictures forum is for specific topics only. Duplicate threads will be deleted without notice.

I apologise to all of you who have made positive contributions to this and previous threads. However, having tried many different approaches, we have decided that this is the only way forward.

Tara

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 06:17 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.