Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eyewitness - Marilyn Monroe: Why? Very Rare! 1962 Television Special, Aired August 10th 1962. Link to video
Share |
Mark7
post Aug 14 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #1
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Here is the link to this VERY RARE television special "Eyewitness - Marilyn Monroe: Why?" August 10th 1962

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGf5yEDe_r4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
123youandme
post Aug 14 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #2
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

So great !!! Thank you very much !!! It was really a pleasure to see this.

Do you have ever seen these ??? -

"Marilyn Remembered" - ABC - aired 1974 - with Peter Lawford and Shirley Winters

or

Ep 1.04 DuPont Show Of The Week: USO -- WHEREVER THEY GO!
08 Oct 1961 NBC Sun
written by George Foster
Performers: Dick Powell, Jack Benny, Marilyn Monroe
Debbie Reynolds, Lena Horne
Summary:
In 1942 the late Al Jolson led the first USO unit overseas to entertain the troops.
Films of that trip and many others that followed are highlights of this hour-long tribute
and a number of USO headliners are on hand to talk about their experiences.

Dick Powell comments on films taken aboard the carrier Intrepid, where the audience
is listening to a crooner named Dick Powell. Marilyn Monroe narrates clips of her
tour of Korea, Jack Benny remarks on his rendition of "Love in Bloom", Merle Oberon,
Debbie Reynolds, Danny Thomas, Joe E. Brown and Danny Kaye talk about trips
during World War II and the Korean War. Frances Langford recalls her stint with the
Bob Hope troupe, Bob himself is on hand to view himself in such activities as a duet
with Bing Crosby of "Mairzy Doats" and Steve Lawrence and Edyie Gorme recollect
their recent journey to Berlin and discuss the shows and services of the USO Today.Also seen on this filmed memoir, Gary Cooper, Frank Sinatra, Phil Silvers, Dinah Shore, Edward G. Robinson,
Leo Durocher, Martha Raye, Ray Bolger, Kay Kyser, James Cagney, Mickey Rooney,
Jane Russell and Marlene Dietrich singing at a night club in liberated Paris.Former Presidents Harry Truman and Dwight Eisenhower appear briefly to applaud the patriotic spirit of show people.*This episode presents a tribute to the USO on its 20th anniversary
and to those of the entertainment world who have given their time
and performed for the American armed forces at bases at home and
abroad, in peace and war.

Or do you know if it is among collectors ???

Thanks a million!!!

+Quote Post
Considerate
post Aug 14 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #3
It was great so what the hell!!

Group Icon

Thanks Mark. A great video.
It was especially excellent to see and hear Clifford Odets speak of Marilyn....fantastic !

Attached File 6415043.jpg ( 108.14K )Number of downloads: 61

Frank, i'd sure like to find this video also......

+Quote Post
Mezzo
post Aug 15 2013, 03:13 AM
Post #4
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Thank you for the link. I was also touched by Clifford Odet's contribution.

+Quote Post
Mark7
post Aug 16 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #5
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(Considerate @ Aug 15 2013, 01:05 AM) *
Thanks Mark. A great video.
It was especially excellent to see and hear Clifford Odets speak of Marilyn....fantastic !

Attached File 6415043.jpg ( 108.14K )Number of downloads: 61

Frank, i'd sure like to find this video also......

For you, frank and anyone else that wants to see it here is a link to a rare short interview with Ben Lyon i just uploaded to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXVsGHh7vkg talking about when he first met Norma Jeane and how she got her name! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) yes i read about that 1974 show. i don't have it but if i find it up on my channel it will go!

This post has been edited by Mark7: Aug 16 2013, 11:52 AM

+Quote Post
Considerate
post Aug 16 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #6
It was great so what the hell!!

Group Icon

QUOTE(Mark7 @ Aug 16 2013, 08:19 PM) *
For you, frank and anyone else that wants to see it here is a link to a rare short interview with Ben Lyon i just uploaded to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXVsGHh7vkg talking about when he first met Norma Jeane and how she got her name! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) yes i read about that 1974 show. i don't have it but if i find it up on my channel it will go!

(IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Dec 30 2013, 06:44 AM
Post #7
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Just saw this to download. Thanxs.

+Quote Post
Paju
post Jan 24 2015, 10:13 AM
Post #8
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

I watched it yesterday. It was really interesting to hear Emmeline Sniveny talk about young Marilyn and modelling. My favorite part has to be Clifford Odets and the way he talks about Marilyn. He's pretty much looking into the future and predicting what's going to happen.

+Quote Post
Mariposa
post Mar 1 2016, 11:58 PM
Post #9
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

QUOTE(Paju @ Jan 24 2015, 11:13 AM) *
I watched it yesterday. It was really interesting to hear Emmeline Sniveny talk about young Marilyn and modelling. My favorite part has to be Clifford Odets and the way he talks about Marilyn. He's pretty much looking into the future and predicting what's going to happen.

It's interesting to hear Marilyn described as a California blonde: darker in the winter then lighter with the sun in the summer. I've always read people trumpeting the fact that she was a brunette originally, which anyway is nonsense if you see the photographs of her as a child when she was very blonde.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 02:43 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.