Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thoughts On Eunice Murray
Share |
Tiffany
post Feb 19 2013, 02:57 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Last night I had a dream that I was in Marilyn's home (Fifth Helena Drive) in third person (?) on the night she died and all I can remember is breaking the window to her room and trying frantically to revive her. Since then I've been going through everything I know about her death, thinking about what happened. Eunice Murray's name kept popping back and I wanted to know what everyone else thought about her. Personally, I get a bad feeling about Eunice. She's been interviewed multiple times- by investigators in Marilyn's death and by authors looking into the subject- and she's changed her story several times. According to the statement she gave to the police: At 12:00am on August 5, 1962 Eunice knocks on Marilyn's door after seeing a light underneath it. There's no reply so she phones Dr. Greenson immediately. He arrives and sees through the bedroom window that Marilyn is lying in bed, dead, and he breaks into her room to check her and calls Dr. Hyman Engelberg. At 4:30 the police are called and the arrive soon after. Eunice is washing sheets when they arrive. Why would she be washing sheets? The undertaker states that the rigor mortis condition indicates that Marilyn died around 9:30-11:30. After giving her statement, Eunice later changed her story saying that she went back to bed at midnight and called Dr. Greenson after seeing the light on at 3am. Dr. Greenson and Engelgerg now say Marilyn died between 3:30-4am. In her memoir Murray changed her story, saying that seeing the telephone chord running under the door caused her to call Dr. Greenson at 3am. After meeting Anthony Summers she said that Robert Kennedy was in the house on August 4th and Dr Greenson came to help an unconscious, but alive, Marilyn. Although she was the key witness in Marilyn's case, she was never questioned again by the police. On the side, Marilyn's body was in an odd position. That's all I can think of from the top of my head, but there are a lot of thoughts on Eunice. Was she innocent? Did she know something but was covering it up? Did she administer drugs that lead to Marilyn's death? Personally, I think Eunice Murray gave Marilyn a sedative by enema under the well-meant orders of Dr. Greenson and Eunice panicked and covered things up when Marilyn OD'ed. As for the sheets, I recall hearing that people vomit, pee, etc. when they overdose as their body's attempt to get rid of the medicine. I think Eunice washed the sheets Marilyn dirtied and repositioned her body during the clean up. What do you guys think about Eunice-did she know something, did she give her the drugs, was she innocent in Marilyn's murder or accidental death, did Marilyn simply commit suicide, etc? Excuse me it I left something out or messed something up in the timeline!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eva
post Feb 20 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #2
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Mrs Murray certainly had a selective memory when it came to Marilyn's last days before she had died, i had also seen a few interviews with her talking about the day she had worked for Marilyn and some of her recollection was abit fuzzy to say the least? Murray arrives at Marilyn's house early that morning to find Marilyn had already been awake and out in the garden because she had suffered another sleepless night.

Later on in the afternoon Murray over hears Marilyn and Pat having an argument, this seems to be over something silly that Pat who had stayed over Marilyn's that previous night was able to get a nights sleep. Now it was in the 1985 BBC documentary that Murray tells a British reporter that Bobby Kennedy arrived sometime around late afternoon? according to mrs Murray she was not told about what was happening but she claims to of been a witness that Bobby would come to visit Marilyn at her home?

So it tells you something about the nature of certain peoples motives, and i think mrs Murray milked it for all she could get?

This post has been edited by Eva: Feb 20 2013, 09:31 PM

+Quote Post
Celia
post May 11 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #3
Celia

Group Icon

QUOTE(Eva @ Feb 20 2013, 01:07 AM) *
Mrs Murray certainly had a selective memory when it came to Marilyn's last days before she had died, i had also seen a few interviews with her talking about the day she had worked for Marilyn and some of her recollection was abit fuzzy to say the least? Murray arrives at Marilyn's house early that morning to find Marilyn had already been awake and out in the garden because she had suffered another sleepless night.

Later on in the afternoon Murray over hears Marilyn and Pat having an argument, this seems to be over something silly that Pat who had stayed over Marilyn's that previous night was able to get a nights sleep. Now it was in the 1985 BBC documentary that Murray tells a British reporter that Bobby Kennedy arrived sometime around late afternoon? according to mrs Murray she was not told about what was happening but she claims to of been a witness that Bobby would come to visit Marilyn at her home?

So it tells you something about the nature of certain peoples motives, and i think mrs Murray milked it for all she could get?

I don´t know whether she got paid for these interviews, but she certainly got a lot of attention. I think that´s what most of these people wanted.

+Quote Post
Jerseylyn
post May 14 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Eva,
Eunice sure had a bad case of selective memory. She did seem to almost enjoy being connected to the case later on.

+Quote Post
Eva
post May 15 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #5
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

There are so many other people like that Slatzer and Jeanne Carmen that need to believe they had some sort of personnel connection with Marilyn, to me its very sad.

I thought this old thread was interesting

http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/?showtopic=16108

This post has been edited by Eva: Nov 18 2013, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post
Mariposa
post Dec 12 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #6
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Whenever I see Eunice Murray on footage about Marilyn, or listen to her in her later years she sets all my alarm bells ringing. She seems to have been part of a cover up by perhaps the studio to avoid scandal, or friends or foes for it seems to be a very odd thing to be washing sheets in the middle of the night and possibly destroying evidence. In later years she became confused and changed her story. The circumstances of Marilyn's death seem very odd and I'm not convinced by the probable suicide or accident verdicts.

I've also read something just lately where a friend of Marilyn's said Marilyn wasn't looked after very well by Eunice - often there was no food in the house, and often Marilyn looked uncared for - was Eunice's prime concern reporting back to Dr Greenson? Also why didn't M's doctors and psychiatrists take more care of her however she died? It all beggars belief!

Marilyn was also paying through the nose for all this supposed care!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 03:12 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.