Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest: please Log In.
Everlasting Star is now a private community which no longer accepts new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champagne & Good Food, Marilyn Monroe cookbook
Share |
Paju
post Aug 12 2016, 02:36 PM
Post #101
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Thanks for the explanation Alan (IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) I love that Marilyn tried Sunday roast!

The Sunday roast we had was a plate with the roast, vegetables, gravy and the Yorkshire pudding. They had two options for the roast: either beef or a vegetarian roast. I tried the vegetarian version out of curiosity (my mother had the beef), and I really enjoyed it. Here's a photo of both (IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File 2016_06_12_19.24.24.jpg ( 897.76K )Number of downloads: 11
Attached File 2016_06_12_19.25.47.jpg ( 966.78K )Number of downloads: 10

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blondealways
post Aug 23 2016, 09:17 PM
Post #102
Marilyn Fan For Life!

Group Icon

I wanted to ask if you know or have read anywhere if Marilyn liked chicken liver pate'? I have found a
wonderful recipe and my husband just loves it so I made it, (and must say It came out rather well).

+Quote Post
Paju
post Aug 25 2016, 01:31 PM
Post #103
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

You know, I can't say that I've heard that, but don't let that stop you from making it. She did eat liver sometimes though.

+Quote Post
blondealways
post Aug 25 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #104
Marilyn Fan For Life!

Group Icon

QUOTE(Paju @ Aug 25 2016, 04:31 AM) *
You know, I can't say that I've heard that, but don't let that stop you from making it. She did eat liver sometimes though.

I thought that I had read that some where in one of the books that I own. And my hubby always insist that I have pate'
always in the fridge LOL! Anyhow thank you for answering my question. How are things by the way with you presonally?
Well I hope....things have been very good for me.
Also I do hope that your book is coming along as well. You must know that you have us all here salivating with anticipation
for it! Hehe!
Anyhow, again thanks for the reply!
Hugs!

+Quote Post
Paju
post Sep 6 2016, 03:38 PM
Post #105
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

I'm doing just fine, thank you for asking (IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) I have more time now than I've had in a long time, so I really hope to put hours and hours to good use and finally finish the cookbook!

+Quote Post
blondealways
post Sep 8 2016, 02:13 AM
Post #106
Marilyn Fan For Life!

Group Icon

QUOTE(Paju @ Sep 6 2016, 06:38 AM) *
I'm doing just fine, thank you for asking (IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) I have more time now than I've had in a long time, so I really hope to put hours and hours to good use and finally finish the cookbook!

Hurrah!!!!!!!!
First Drinks on me!!!!!

This post has been edited by blondealways: Sep 8 2016, 02:14 AM

+Quote Post
blondealways
post Apr 3 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #107
Marilyn Fan For Life!

Group Icon

QUOTE(Paju @ Feb 22 2012, 10:19 AM) *
I had to share this with you.

The receipts, all written out to "Marilyn Monroe" or "M Monroe" and from either Beekman Market or A. Fitz & Sons Meat Market, based three blocks her New York apartment, show what Hollywood's brightest star was eating.

Purchases include artichokes, eggs, English muffins, cucumber, radishes, strawberry jam, cheddar cheese, corn-on-the-cob, strawberries, endive, steaks, milk, lamb chops and chicken.

The receipts are to be sold by an anonymous source at an Bonhams and Butterfields entertainment memorabilia sale in Los Angeles on December 21, when they are estimated to fetch a modest �470.

This was in 2008. I wonder who bought the receipts...

But I'm going to build something around Marilyn's list! My mind is already full of ideas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This is the front of the store now!
Attached File(s)
Attached File o.jpg ( 75.79K )Number of downloads: 8

+Quote Post
blondealways
post Jun 24 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #108
Marilyn Fan For Life!

Group Icon

QUOTE(Paju @ Sep 6 2016, 06:38 AM) *
I'm doing just fine, thank you for asking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) I have more time now than I've had in a long time, so I really hope to put hours and hours to good use and finally finish the cookbook!

This post has been edited by blondealways: Jun 26 2017, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post
suusmarie
post Jun 25 2017, 02:09 AM
Post #109
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/coolio.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File 1957.05.MM_AM.Amagansett.LongIsland.05.jpg ( 76.02K )Number of downloads: 10

+Quote Post
blondealways
post Jun 26 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #110
Marilyn Fan For Life!

Group Icon

QUOTE(suusmarie @ Jun 24 2017, 05:09 PM) *

Oops! I have NEVER seen that in color! Im embarrassed!

However I found this from Juliens!

"A large group of 32 meal receipts from the MGM Studios cafe dated between September 5 November 10, 1958, with itemized listings of the food and beverages Monroe ordered while filming Some Like It Hot at the studio. Some receipts have delivery notations "to Stage 3" and "to dressing room." On one receipt dated September 25, 1958, the order includes two hamburger steaks, "1 well done/ 1 rare/ 2 cottage and fruit salads/ 1 ice coffee/ 1 milk/ well done lunch send on stage 3/ rare lunch send to dressing room." Some of the receipts indicate that meals were for others, including "Lunch for Miss Reis - Lunch for Maid." All but one receipt is dated, and frequently ordered items include ice cream, double sirloin, ham and cheese, pot of coffee, lox and cream cheese, donuts, pie a la mode, meatloaf, pastrami, Danish, and many other items."

This post has been edited by blondealways: Today, 05:23 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File 245769_0.jpg ( 67.11K )Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 03:31 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.