Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champagne & Good Food, Marilyn Monroe cookbook
Share |
Paju
post Jan 27 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #1
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Hey guys (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/redsitting.gif)

As some of you might have noticed, last spring I finally became Master of Arts (Education) and a Home Economics teacher. For that I had to write a Master's Thesis, and I chose Marilyn's relationship with food as my subject. From the start it was clear to me that this project wasn't just going to become a Master's Thesis. I also wanted to write a MM cookbook.

Why? Because no matter how many MM books there are, not one of them is about Marilyn and the food she ate. I wonder why not even those people who do know a lot about it haven't really written a MM cookbook. As I found out during my research for the thesis, information about Marilyn and her food is out there. Now what I want to do (and what I did with the thesis) is to gather all that information into one attractive book - with recipes. The recipes would not be authentic recipes that MM used, but rather that I take the idea and create a dish that's delicious, modern and interesting. I'd also love to cover some of the restaurants she frequented as well as some of her homes, because after all, that's where she did her cooking. The name, Champagne & Good Food is a short version of the name of my thesis. Marilyn said in an interview with George Barris: "Just give me champagne and good food, and I’m in heaven and love. That’s what makes the world go round.

I just wanted to share my idea with you. I have a lot of stuff I can use, but of course since I have written and academic study, some heavy editing is in order for it to become an interesting cookbook. I'll have to change some of the text, rewrite some, take out something and add something new... but it should be fun! Also, because my thesis covers Marilyn's life from 1942 to 1962 - the time when she was an adult in her own home - I'll have to research her whole childhood to find out what she ate then. I want the cookbook to be an interesting journey to Marilyn's Los Angeles and New York, her homes, the restaurants she liked, her kitchen.

What do you think? (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mezzo
post Jan 27 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I think that this sounds like a fresh and interesting topic for a book about Marilyn. I hope you decide to do it, and if so, good luck!

+Quote Post
Tara
post Jan 27 2012, 02:48 PM
Post #3
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

This is a fantastic idea Paju! I would love to read an MM cookbook...

+Quote Post
Paju
post Jan 27 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #4
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Thanks! I'm really interested in doing it, because at least it hasn't been done before. I have toyed with the idea of writing a MM book for a long time, but the idea of writing "an ultimate biography" just isn't my thing. Food is good because I can combine two of the things that I love. Also I like to focus on her everyday life, so that's what this book would be about.

The challenge is to get a publisher. It's really very hard to get a book published here in Finland, because of course the publishers worry about whether or not it will sell enough, and Finnish is a language that isn't spoken all around the world, so they can't expect million of people to buy it. But I'm willing to make an English version as well - besides, I want you all to be able to read it too (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
timetravelangel
post Jan 27 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #5
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

What an original idea. Sounds great! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif)

+Quote Post
Monroestar
post Jan 31 2012, 01:41 AM
Post #6
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Excellent idea. I'd buy a copy X

+Quote Post
mberton
post Jan 31 2012, 06:48 AM
Post #7
Marilyn encyclopedia

Group Icon

I once read that Marilyn loved Fettuccine Leon but could never find the recipe. Then I stumbled upon this newspaper article on the Web:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1298...pg=3940,5186813

Is it fettucine with clam chowder? Funny how this article describes Kennedy's liking for the dish ... (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

+Quote Post
Paju
post Jan 31 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #8
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Thank you so much for the link to that article! I've been wondering about Fettuccine Leon - it's been a mystery for me so far. It seems that the president liked clam chowder and Leon's fettuccine - my guess is that he ate the clam chowder as an appetizer or a first course, and then the fettuccine (or if Leon gets his way, the president is not eating clam chowder at all but an Italian soup instead). From what I understand, the Fettuccine Leon is fettuccine served with an Italian cheese sauce. I think it must be similar to Fettuccine Alfredo, which is basically fettuccine with parmesan cheese and butter. Leon's restaurant, La Scala, was among Marilyn's favorites. Anyways, one mystery solved! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif)

Everybody, thank you for your encouraging words. I promise you that I'm going to write this book. If nobody wants to publish it, I'll use a self-publishing service. But I'm really hoping for a published to get excited on this - it seems like there's a demand for this book already (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Margherita
post Feb 7 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #9
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

This is really a great idea - I wonder why hasn't any book like this one been allready published. But why do you necessarily have to try to publish it in Finland and in Finnish ? I think you should try some english or american publisher and skip the finnish version. Very few books have been published of MM in Finland through the decades - There is by the way this german publisher that works through internet: bod.com or bod.fi

It could be one alternative for starters -

BTW, in "The Unabridged Marilyn from A to Z" (Riese & Hitchens) there are some rather long and good listings of Marilyn's favorite dinners, snacks, what she disliked and what she ate where and when; of course not complete but at least something.

+Quote Post
Paju
post Feb 7 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #10
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

I want to do a Finnish version too - one of the reasons being exactly what you said: only a handful of books have been published in Finnish about Marilyn. And there's only one Finnish book about her. I feel like we could use some more (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) But I definitely intend to get this book published in English also.
Those listings in The Unabridged Marilyn are indeed good, I used those in my thesis (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
mare
post Feb 7 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #11
Super admirer

Group Icon

What a fantastic angle on a Marilyn book! This hasn't been done before! I'd definitely buy a copy and support you as a fan! Wow. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif)

This post has been edited by mare: Feb 7 2012, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
Paju
post Feb 9 2012, 08:38 AM
Post #12
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Thank you (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

I have a pretty good outline of the cookbook already as well as some text. I've also tried to decide what recipes to include. The book will be divided into chapters chronologically:
1st chapter is about her childhood (this is the chapter I'll have to do the most work with since my thesis didn't cover her childhood)
2nd chapter is about her first marriage (poor couple, hunting and fishing, she wasn't very good at cooking at first but improved)
3rd chapter is about her life as a young starlet (not much money, trying to survive)
4th chapter is about her relationship and marriage with DiMaggio (Italian influences)
5th chapter is about her new life in New York and marriage to Arthur Miller (Jewish influences, wanting to be a good housewife)
6th chapter is about her last years (back in Los Angeles, being an independent woman)
7th chapter is about her movies (what did her characters eat in her movies)

Basically the next step is creating the recipes. Lots of trying and tweaking. I already did one last weekend (but I still have to change it a little bit), and one I've done earlier, but I've got a lot of work ahead of me. It should be fun though, and at least I never have to worry about what we're going to eat (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Margherita
post Feb 9 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #13
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

QUOTE(Paju @ Feb 9 2012, 09:38 AM) *
Thank you (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) I have a pretty good outline of the cookbook already as well as some text. I've also tried to decide what recipes to include. The book will be divided into chapters chronologically: 1st chapter is about her childhood (this is the chapter I'll have to do the most work with since my thesis didn't cover her childhood) 2nd chapter is about her first marriage (poor couple, hunting and fishing, she wasn't very good at cooking at first but improved) 3rd chapter is about her life as a young starlet (not much money, trying to survive) 4th chapter is about her relationship and marriage with DiMaggio (Italian influences) 5th chapter is about her new life in New York and marriage to Arthur Miller (Jewish influences, wanting to be a good housewife)6th chapter is about her last years (back in Los Angeles, being an independent woman)7th chapter is about her movies (what did her characters eat in her movies)Basically the next step is creating the recipes. Lots of trying and tweaking. I already did one last weekend (but I still have to change it a little bit), and one I've done earlier, but I've got a lot of work ahead of me. It should be fun though, and at least I never have to worry about what we're going to eat (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Lovely ! - This book also reminds me of David Adler's "The Life and Cuisine of Elvis Presley" - a great book by many aspects; it contains original receipts that also work today, interviews of real people who were still alive when Adler made the book, pictures, enough biographical material but not too much for a receipt-book, black and white pictures both of Elvis and his places years ago plus of todays still living people (though the book was done I think in the -90's) - listings of Elvis's favorites and a list he made of what allways had to be in the fridge. Etc.Of Marilyns eatings, after the periods you've named, these kind of things come to my mind:Childhood: Something very simple and basic, fish and potatoes, sandwiches, nothing fancyFirst marriage: Picnic-lunches and it says in one book "She served raw fish to the guests" and "often cooked carrots and french beans together, because she liked the color combination"Young starlet: One hamburger per day and that's it! But I suppose Actor's Lab served meals and maybe she also cooked dinners with her room mates like Shelley Winters ? She also had that boyfriend, they went out often - I don't think Marilyn was a particular gourmet-person, probably they ate a lot of rather simple things, but there were quite a lot of chinese and italian restaurants in L.A allready by then.Marriage with diMaggio: Italian - but it's not very likely that Marilyn was so fond of italian cuisine as Lena Pepitone claims in her book.Arthur Miller: Jewish traditional dishes of course, and as they lived in north east coast, probably that area tradition too, and they ate a lot of sweet cakes.Back in LA: I wonder was Marilyn interested in any mexican or chili dishes ?-------I hope you enjoyable period with this project - I also hope you get rights to some good pictures for this book; there aren't that many of Marilyn eating, but quite a few anyhow - I suppose this serie with her and Miller by the hot dogs is copyrighted by Milton Greene, I post it next - BTW, don't be bothered with me interested in this subject, I'm not interfering any more, I just happen to be interested in cooking.I think there's about 10 pics of this situation, by the hot dog stall and later they all sit in the car eating (again !) hot dogs and drinking coke.Attached File MM___eating_a_hotdog_2.jpg ( 268.39K )Number of downloads: 65

+Quote Post
Paju
post Feb 9 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #14
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

No, I'm just happy that you've taken an interest in my little project. I'd love to have some photos of MM eating in the book. Those hot dog ones I really love, also some of these that I've attached to this post would be great in the book.

About the foods - yep, that's pretty much what I found out during the research for my thesis. During her first marriage the combination of carrots and peas was very often on the plate, and they actually went hunting and fishing, so I'm going to include some recipes that use game meat and fish. Also the picnic lunches - I remember reading that she'd pack herself something in a picnic basket and go to Santa Monica.
During her starlet years she basically lived on cheap hamburgers, coffee, crackers, that sort of thing. After she posed nude they went to eat chili. Of course she was sometimes offered meals by wealthy men. On this she commented that she'd eat, because she was hungry, but she couldn't be bought. Also she was anemic at one point.
With Joe DiMaggio she learnt to cook Italian - and I'm very lucky, because next summer I'm going to Sicily! Joe's parents were from Sicily, and I'll get to taste authentic Sicilian food. One dish I'm definitely going to try in Sicily and also include in my cookbook is Pasta Alla Norma. It's Sicilian and even if it wasn't, it should be in the book based on the name alone (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Also Marilyn said that she's really good at cooking steak and that even became Joe's favorite dish. And she went to Japan with DiMaggio, so I suppose they tried some Japanese food...
I'm also going to include some New York style food, and Susan Strasberg gives a lovely description of her family's cooking in her book, so that's a big help. Also some Jewish dishes, matzo balls, chicken soup, borscht soup...
When she came back to L.A. she didn't cook at first, but she started enjoying food again a bit later. She went to Mexico in 1962 so it's safe to assume that in her life she ate at least some Mexican food. She said in an interview that she loved food with flavor - and Mexican food really has flavor. Towards the end of her life she didn't care for desserts anymore, but during her marriage with Miller she did.
As for movies, they go for hamburgers in How To Marry a Millionaire, and a fancy dinner on the cruise in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Girl offers Sherman champagne and potato chips in Seven Year Itch, and Vicky mentions she wants a big steak and a salad in There's No Business Like Show Business.
I'm also going to have a list of her addresses as well as the restaurants she used to go to, and whether or not they're still in the business. I'd really love to go to L.A. and N.Y. and try some of those restaurants myself (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I am really going to have fun with this project! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif)

This post has been edited by Paju: Feb 9 2012, 02:30 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File mmvalksyo2.jpg ( 177.61K )Number of downloads: 72
Attached File mmredbook.JPG ( 143.63K )Number of downloads: 84
Attached File mmpressslih8.jpg ( 37.29K )Number of downloads: 84
Attached File njjimravintola.jpg ( 248.16K )Number of downloads: 77
Attached File mmaamiainensankyynjalka.jpg ( 83.19K )Number of downloads: 87
Attached File mmnuorijatskibevhills.jpg ( 19.55K )Number of downloads: 52
Attached File mmyvesistuskelu1.jpg ( 70.25K )Number of downloads: 71
Attached File mmtaloshampanja.jpg ( 117.33K )Number of downloads: 77
Attached File mmtaco.jpg ( 38.97K )Number of downloads: 78
Attached File mmjoeelmorocco.jpg ( 103.84K )Number of downloads: 77
Attached File mmcokis.jpg ( 76.56K )Number of downloads: 66
Attached File mmkorearuokailu2.jpg ( 61.62K )Number of downloads: 73
Attached File mmhampurilainen.jpg ( 27.67K )Number of downloads: 62
Attached File mmsuklaa.jpg ( 17.21K )Number of downloads: 66

+Quote Post
Margherita
post Feb 12 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #15
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I have to add this wonderful photo of Marilyn eating an apple in front of her fridge Attached File Marilyn_by_the_fridge.jpg ( 97.36K )Number of downloads: 127

+Quote Post
mare
post Feb 12 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #16
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(Paju @ Feb 9 2012, 08:19 AM) *
No, I'm just happy that you've taken an interest in my little project. I'd love to have some photos of MM eating in the book. Those hot dog ones I really love, also some of these that I've attached to this post would be great in the book.

About the foods - yep, that's pretty much what I found out during the research for my thesis. During her first marriage the combination of carrots and peas was very often on the plate, and they actually went hunting and fishing, so I'm going to include some recipes that use game meat and fish. Also the picnic lunches - I remember reading that she'd pack herself something in a picnic basket and go to Santa Monica.
During her starlet years she basically lived on cheap hamburgers, coffee, crackers, that sort of thing. After she posed nude they went to eat chili. Of course she was sometimes offered meals by wealthy men. On this she commented that she'd eat, because she was hungry, but she couldn't be bought. Also she was anemic at one point.
With Joe DiMaggio she learnt to cook Italian - and I'm very lucky, because next summer I'm going to Sicily! Joe's parents were from Sicily, and I'll get to taste authentic Sicilian food. One dish I'm definitely going to try in Sicily and also include in my cookbook is Pasta Alla Norma. It's Sicilian and even if it wasn't, it should be in the book based on the name alone (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Also Marilyn said that she's really good at cooking steak and that even became Joe's favorite dish. And she went to Japan with DiMaggio, so I suppose they tried some Japanese food...
I'm also going to include some New York style food, and Susan Strasberg gives a lovely description of her family's cooking in her book, so that's a big help. Also some Jewish dishes, matzo balls, chicken soup, borscht soup...
When she came back to L.A. she didn't cook at first, but she started enjoying food again a bit later. She went to Mexico in 1962 so it's safe to assume that in her life she ate at least some Mexican food. She said in an interview that she loved food with flavor - and Mexican food really has flavor. Towards the end of her life she didn't care for desserts anymore, but during her marriage with Miller she did.
As for movies, they go for hamburgers in How To Marry a Millionaire, and a fancy dinner on the cruise in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Girl offers Sherman champagne and potato chips in Seven Year Itch, and Vicky mentions she wants a big steak and a salad in There's No Business Like Show Business.
I'm also going to have a list of her addresses as well as the restaurants she used to go to, and whether or not they're still in the business. I'd really love to go to L.A. and N.Y. and try some of those restaurants myself (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I am really going to have fun with this project! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif)

Paju, for your information, most of the restaurants Marilyn frequented in NY are gone. The 21 Club is still in existence. You can look at their menu on their website. But how to know what their menu was in the 1950's? I went to a restaurant last week for "Restaurant Week" in NY that I'm sure Marilyn would have gone to had she lived. It's right in he neighborhood near Sutton Place and is French and if I'm correct, French cooking was becoming more popular in the US at the time it opened in 1964. The name is "Le Perigord" and is VERY old school -- the waiters are in tuxes and the diners are affluent - old money - fine dining and very delicious. It's a shame because as I was dining, I knew Marilyn would have gone there. It opened 2 years after she passed away but had she come back to New York, she would have gone there as it's only a few blocks from 57th and Sutton Place. Julia Child introduced French cooking into homes, as you know, with her TV series.

There are also published menus from "The Stork Club" I've seen on line and she frequented that with Joe, but how to know what she ate? She dined at The Four Seasons also which is still open.

From 2009:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/features/2...r-seasons200905

Other than that, there aren't many restaurants in NY that I've read that she frequented that are still there. 21 Club and The Four Seasons. There aren't many reports on what she ate, but you might find more info as you research. Exciting! Good luck!

This post has been edited by mare: Feb 12 2012, 01:52 PM

+Quote Post
Paju
post Feb 12 2012, 05:38 PM
Post #17
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Yep, unfortunately many of the restaurants Marilyn liked are now gone... I did a list of restaurants for my thesis, but for a lot of restaurants I couldn't find information on whether or not they're still open - so I'm assuming those aren't there anymore. But Four Seasons and 21 Club are still there, and I think El Morocco is too, it just moved (am I right?), and Sardi's is still there too. But that's about it. In L.A. there's Barney's Beanery, The Polo Lounge at Beverly Hills Hotel, Trader Vic's at Beverly Hilton, Canter's Deli, Formosa Cafe, Greenblatt's Deli, Cinegrill Lounge at Roosevelt Hotel, La Scala (in a new location), Musso & Frank Grill, and Villa Nova (in a new location, the Rainbow Bar & Grill is now where the old Villa Nova used to be).

It's difficult to find out what Marilyn ate at restaurants. I know she really loved a good steak, so I think it's safe to assume she had a steak at least sometimes. She had anchovies on pimento, spaghetti aglio e olio (olive oil and garlic), veal scalloppini and espresso on her first date with DiMaggio at Villa Nova, so she sometimes went for Italian food. After posing nude for Tom Kelley she had chili at Barney's Beanery.

Le Perigord sounds like a restaurant Marilyn would have liked, especially if it's just practically around the corner from her home! Also thank you for the link to Vanity Fair, it was an interesting read (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
mare
post Feb 12 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #18
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(Paju @ Feb 12 2012, 11:38 AM) *
Yep, unfortunately many of the restaurants Marilyn liked are now gone... I did a list of restaurants for my thesis, but for a lot of restaurants I couldn't find information on whether or not they're still open - so I'm assuming those aren't there anymore. But Four Seasons and 21 Club are still there, and I think El Morocco is too, it just moved (am I right?), and Sardi's is still there too. But that's about it. In L.A. there's Barney's Beanery, The Polo Lounge at Beverly Hills Hotel, Trader Vic's at Beverly Hilton, Canter's Deli, Formosa Cafe, Greenblatt's Deli, Cinegrill Lounge at Roosevelt Hotel, La Scala (in a new location), Musso & Frank Grill, and Villa Nova (in a new location, the Rainbow Bar & Grill is now where the old Villa Nova used to be).

It's difficult to find out what Marilyn ate at restaurants. I know she really loved a good steak, so I think it's safe to assume she had a steak at least sometimes. She had anchovies on pimento, spaghetti aglio e olio (olive oil and garlic), veal scalloppini and espresso on her first date with DiMaggio at Villa Nova, so she sometimes went for Italian food. After posing nude for Tom Kelley she had chili at Barney's Beanery.

Le Perigord sounds like a restaurant Marilyn would have liked, especially if it's just practically around the corner from her home! Also thank you for the link to Vanity Fair, it was an interesting read (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

You're welcome for the Vanity Fair link. Oh, yes, I forgot about Sardi's. That's still there. El Morocco is NOT, it's gone. The original El Morocco Supper Club, was on 54th Street. It's long gone. There's a new El Morocco which is on Broadway which they claim to be a new sort of incarnation of the Supper Club, but is a Latin dance club and uses some of the zebra motif. That seems to be all they have in common but I've never been to it. See the link below. It's a club of today whereas the old El Morocco belonged to that era and was on the East Side also close to Marilyn's apartment. It briefly had a life as a topless bar to survive.

Here's a link from 1992 about that its life as a topless bar:

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/27/style/el...is-a-strip.html

Here's a link about the new El Morocco and old one:

http://www.nyz.com/2011/10/15/new-yorks-le...htclub-theater/

Btw, anything is good with garlic and good olive oil... that's my Italian descent... lol

Aren't there recipes in Fragments, the list for the party on page 179 and the two recipes on pages 181 and 183 which I'm sure you remember. Mmmm this is making me hungry.

This post has been edited by mare: Feb 12 2012, 08:26 PM

+Quote Post
Paju
post Feb 12 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #19
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Thanks for the info on El Morocco. I wasn't sure if it had just moved, but seems like they're two completely different kinds of places. It's sad that so much of the world as Marilyn knew it has been lost. Restaurants, houses, hotels... So much is now gone.

Fragments has been helpful, I'm glad it came out when it did (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
mberton
post Feb 14 2012, 03:33 AM
Post #20
Marilyn encyclopedia

Group Icon

Paju, Eunice Murray in her book tells of Marilyn's eating habits/fav foods between Nov 1961 to Aug 1962. Happy to post the details if you need them.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 08:18 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.