Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest: please Log In.
Everlasting Star is now a private community which no longer accepts new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn Drawing, drawing by MM while in hospital
Share |
phillipreis
post Aug 29 2011, 06:42 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

As a receipient of proceeds from Marilyn's estate my sister Jemi Reis gave me a drawing that Marilyn drew of my aunt May Reis. However it resembled Marilyn and was ink on paper unsigned. In the 1980's I gave it to Del Franklin as a gift. He was a bartender in Manhattan Beach California at Brennan's Pub. At the time I did not nor do I now care about celebrity. Because my aunt May reis was Marilyn's personal assistant I met Marilyn on the set of the Misfits and she actually visited our home. I also met Barbara Streisand at a new York play back stage and her masseur Ralph often visited our home on Beverly Glen Los Angeles. My father, May's brother has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame. In any case that drawing is probably worth a lot but I have no way of knowing what happened to it or Del after he moved to San Louis Obispo California and became a writer and cabby. My cousins the Gellers of New York auctioned off the remaining effects of my aunt several years ago for the benefit of my brother and sister and myself. But that drawing remains lost. Maybe Del has it maybe he does not, and maybe he did not believe me when I told him the originator.

Food for thought,

Phil reis
Culver City California
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2016 - 12:59 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.