Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

> About the "Pictures Requests" forum

This forum is dedicated to requests only, such as :

- a picture without its watermark,
- a picture in better quality or bigger in size,
- a picture from a specific session.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Photos?, Are there more photos from this day?
Share |
mberton
post Aug 31 2013, 07:36 AM
Post #21
Marilyn encyclopedia

Group Icon

QUOTE(Jim Parson @ Aug 31 2013, 03:08 AM) *
I've also contacted them, Grant, but all I received was an automatic response saying "thank you for writing" but no other response. Collier's went out of business in 1957 and has only recently been revived by American Brands. I wonder how much information they'll have about the older publications.

Do any US members have access to library archives? They may have old copies of Colliers stored away. Perhaps the Library of Congress can be contacted?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim Parson
post Aug 31 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #22
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(mberton @ Aug 30 2013, 11:36 PM) *
Do any US members have access to library archives? They may have old copies of Colliers stored away. Perhaps the Library of Congress can be contacted?

There is a website that actually has all of the Collier's magazines in a pdf format. Every page is there. One of the men is reading the June 17, 1950 issue of Collier's, so the photo couldn't possibly have been taken prior to that, so I've gone through every page of every issue after that date through the end of 1951 and started on 1952. There are two different poses from this sitting. I'm thinking they were shot but never used by the magazine. At the very least, I would love to find evidence they were shot by Florea. Everyone says they were on many different sites, but we all know how that works. One person says it and within minutes, the entire internet is spouting it. It's definitely in the style made famous by Florea though. I've started up a conversation with American Brands, who now owns the Collier's publication, so hopefully I can dig something about it out of their archives.

+Quote Post
Joan Newman
post Dec 31 2015, 06:20 AM
Post #23
Daisy

Group Icon

(IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Could the two men be Lon McCallister from Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hay!
and Roy Craft her press agent ?

Roy Craft:

"When Marilyn first became a star I set an in-depth interview with Collier's Magazine, Craft recalled. "At that time I told Marilyn she'd have to tell the truth about her parents.

"She was against the idea. She said, 'What would you do if your mother was crazy and you didn't know who your father was ?' I don't think she really knew who her father was at the time."
Attached File(s)
Attached File 1981_roy_carft_colliers.png ( 165.77K )Number of downloads: 23
Attached File _1950__Skeleton_In_The_Closet__lrg___1____Copy.jpg ( 2.53MB )Number of downloads: 39
Attached File Scudda007.jpg ( 319.72K )Number of downloads: 24
Attached File 29770615.jpg ( 72.23K )Number of downloads: 19
Attached File hh_001.jpg ( 257.38K )Number of downloads: 12

+Quote Post
princesshapnick
post Jan 1 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #24
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

It is so hard to tell. I always thought the guy on the far left looked like Jack Lemmon although that wouldn't really make much sense if it was to promote an early film of Marilyn's (but then it is hard to say what they are advertising here) but it could be more likely to be who you think it is. It would be so great to get this mystery solved. There is a similar photo of this session around somewhere. Sorry I've not got a better quality version.

Attached File _1950__Skeleton_in_the_Closet.jpg ( 25.52K )Number of downloads: 40
Attached File _1950__Skeleton_in_the_Closet_1.jpg ( 17.78K )Number of downloads: 39

+Quote Post
Joan Newman
post Jan 1 2016, 06:09 PM
Post #25
Daisy

Group Icon

[quote name='princesshapnick' date='Jan 1 2016, 04:11 PM' post='237200']
It is so hard to tell. I always thought the guy on the far left looked like Jack Lemmon although that wouldn't really make much sense if it was to promote an early film of Marilyn's (but then it is hard to say what they are advertising here) but it could be more likely to be who you think it is. It would be so great to get this mystery solved. There is a similar photo of this session around somewhere. Sorry I've not got a better quality version.

Thanks Becky. This 2nd photo in better quality would really help us. (IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

+Quote Post
CYRILPARIS
post Jan 5 2016, 02:09 PM
Post #26
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Joan Newman @ Dec 31 2015, 06:20 AM) *
(IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Could the two men be Lon McCallister from Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hay!
and Roy Craft her press agent ?

Roy Craft:

"When Marilyn first became a star I set an in-depth interview with Collier's Magazine, Craft recalled. "At that time I told Marilyn she'd have to tell the truth about her parents.

"She was against the idea. She said, 'What would you do if your mother was crazy and you didn't know who your father was ?' I don't think she really knew who her father was at the time."

(IMG:http://d2eae8pjw8pj4b.cloudfront.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) You could be right!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2020 - 09:23 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.