Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Pal Gus (1952), Marilyn extra in hotel window scene supposedly
Share |
meganmarilyn
post Mar 27 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #1
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

- According to the The Long Beach Press Telegram (1952-09-16)

"Marilyn Monroe worked as an extra in a movie scene and without getting paid for her dramatic stint.

The cast of Richard Widmark, Joanne Dru and Audrey Totter were making a scene for 20th Century-Fox's 'My Pal Gus' outside the Beverly Carlton Hotel, which also happens to be Miss Monroe's place of residence.

Hearing early morning activity in the hotel courtyard, the shapely blonde went to the window of her apartment to investigate. Seeing that a movie was being made, she quickly ducked out of site.

Director Robert Parrish decided to keep Miss Monroe's add-libbed acting in the picture - but without giving her screen credit, of course."

-------------------------------

I found a link to download the movie. I fast forwarded thru the entire movie to see, but didn't notice a blonde woman in a window scene. Please someone download it and see if you can spot her. I am curious to know if this is true. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/throb.gif)

"MY PAL GUS (1952)"

http://www.fileserve.com/file/bPzjPqd/MyPalGus.part1.rar
http://www.fileserve.com/file/s68Hwkw/MyPalGus.part2.rar

(2 parts, unrar. Click 'slower download' at bottom of links, then enter code)

This post has been edited by meganmarilyn: Mar 27 2011, 11:28 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File _1952_09_16__The_Long_Beach_Press_Telegram.jpg ( 73.93K )Number of downloads: 47
Attached File 001.jpg ( 14.96K )Number of downloads: 23
Attached File 002.jpg ( 24.05K )Number of downloads: 50
Attached File 003.jpg ( 24.67K )Number of downloads: 38
Attached File 004.jpg ( 20.63K )Number of downloads: 36
Attached File 005.jpg ( 24.16K )Number of downloads: 30

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princesshapnick
post Mar 27 2011, 04:30 PM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Oh wow! Excellent! I hope it's true as well. I think we need to see it properly on the screen.

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Mar 27 2011, 11:24 PM
Post #3
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(princesshapnick @ Mar 27 2011, 08:30 AM) *
Oh wow! Excellent! I hope it's true as well. I think we need to see it properly on the screen.

Well here is what the Beverly Carlton Hotel looked like. I recognized some outdoor scenes that were similar to this.
Attached File(s)
Attached File b88490afe9e1b153_large.jpg ( 125.35K )Number of downloads: 36
Attached File Exterior_view_of_the_Beverly_Carlton_Hotel.jpg ( 46.64K )Number of downloads: 33
Attached File ec18a4d88985cf74_large.jpg ( 153.39K )Number of downloads: 32

+Quote Post
Cello
post Mar 29 2011, 06:14 AM
Post #4
I just want to be wonderful.

Group Icon

wow what a great find! has anyone been able to spot her yet? I;'d love to see screencaps (unable to download on this computer due to space limitations) (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/asgtg4katie.gif)

+Quote Post
Tara
post Mar 29 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #5
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

So interesting! I see that George Winslow was in it as well...

+Quote Post
Cello
post Mar 29 2011, 05:12 PM
Post #6
I just want to be wonderful.

Group Icon

anyone else find it odd.. the description that Marilyn saw a movie was shooting so ducked back inside? I would have imagined that she might have done the opposite (in a sly and unobtrusive way, that is) (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/wink3.gif)

+Quote Post
Kevin
post Mar 31 2011, 06:27 AM
Post #7
Norma Jeane Fanatic

Group Icon

Great find Megan! Its always nice to learn new things. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/mf_prop.gif)

+Quote Post
lorileime
post Apr 8 2011, 02:27 AM
Post #8
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I got my copy of this DVD today and I'm just starting to watch it. Widmark's character owns his own business and you'll never believe it but he is in Mr. Oxley's office from Monkey Business. The reception area is exactly the same but the furniture is different. And later on in the movie, a newspaper headline reads: "Wife charges: Beach house was "Love Nest". o.K. So I got through the whole movie and it is a nice story, but there is no, I repreat, NO Marilyn Monroe in this film. There is only one scene where they show the hotel from the front and three windows are visible, but never do you see any figure of a woman show up in any of the windows.

This post has been edited by lorileime: Apr 8 2011, 03:41 AM

+Quote Post
Nancy
post Apr 8 2011, 05:37 AM
Post #9
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(lorileime @ Apr 7 2011, 09:27 PM) *
I got my copy of this DVD today and I'm just starting to watch it. Widmark's character owns his own business and you'll never believe it but he is in Mr. Oxley's office from Monkey Business. The reception area is exactly the same but the furniture is different. And later on in the movie, a newspaper headline reads: "Wife charges: Beach house was "Love Nest". o.K. So I got through the whole movie and it is a nice story, but there is no, I repreat, NO Marilyn Monroe in this film. There is only one scene where they show the hotel from the front and three windows are visible, but never do you see any figure of a woman show up in any of the windows.

Well that's a bummer! But it sounds like a fun flick nonetheless. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
princesshapnick
post Apr 8 2011, 10:25 AM
Post #10
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I thought it was too good to be true. How it would have been lovely though! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/coolio.gif)

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Apr 8 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #11
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(lorileime @ Apr 7 2011, 06:27 PM) *

I'm guessing what better way to get headlines about a new movie in the papers than to mention Marilyn Monroe or say she has a scene in it. Anything to get people interested. I think it was just a ploy by the director, nothing more. Oh well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 02:21 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.