Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn Monroe Metamorphosis Oct 25 2011, By David Wills and Stephen Schmidt
Share |
Tara
post Nov 7 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #41
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

Wonderful scans Eric. I just received my copy. I would definitely recommend Metamorphosis as a definitive photo book. Not a lot of rare pics IMO, but the quality is incredible. The text is secondary, but it includes an author's introduction, quotes about Marilyn and the Meryman interview.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hollywoodcindere...
post Nov 9 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #42
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

I just got mine today - its a stunning photo book. very high quality pics. a nice pick me up after a crappy day at work (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
Tara
post Nov 23 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #43
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

Fan review on Amazon:

'The Definitive Visual Biography'

+Quote Post
Paju
post Dec 6 2011, 12:21 PM
Post #44
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

I saw this book in the bookstore (both English and Swedish version - apparently there won't be a Finnish version, at least not in the near future) and it is GORGEOUS. There's no other word. It's a big book, and the quality of the photos is stunning. It's a good visual companion to anyone who's interested in Marilyn or even only her looks. I definitely want this one - I've been hinting, so maybe Santa will bring it to me (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/santa.gif)

+Quote Post
Robby
post Dec 29 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #45
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I ordered this book as a Christmas present for myself, hehe. What a surprise when I got it! The photos are of stunning quality, and there are quite a few rare ones in it aswell. I love the cover photograph by Avedon, rarely used but absolutely beautiful.

+Quote Post
Monroestar
post Jan 2 2012, 01:22 AM
Post #46
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(suusmarie @ Nov 6 2011, 02:31 AM) *
Can I ask where you all got this book please. I am in the UK and my partner pre-ordered from Amazon for my birthday or Christmas (my b/day is Dec 19th)Anyway told me he got an email saying wasnt out until 20th Dec as been put back and is still not available on Amazon as dispatched right away. says 2-3 weeks!!
QUOTE(Monroestar @ Jan 2 2012, 12:16 AM) *
Can I ask where you all got this book please. I am in the UK and my partner pre-ordered from Amazon for my birthday or Christmas (my b/day is Dec 19th)Anyway told me he got an email saying wasnt out until 20th Dec as been put back and is still not available on Amazon as dispatched right away. says 2-3 weeks!!
Ah the book depositary have it! 20% off - £19.97

+Quote Post
Paju
post Jan 3 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #47
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

I ordered this for myself as a late birthday present. It should take about two weeks (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
theblondexo
post Jan 3 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

I wonder if the Kindle copy will be less expensive. Sometimes i just hate being poor. No way i can spend 40 on a book. BUT I appreciate you all sharing so much here that i would otherwise not get to know about! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif) And i love the Amazon "used" section! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
apriloil
post Jan 5 2012, 05:48 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

QUOTE(Monroestar @ Jan 2 2012, 02:22 AM) *
Can I ask where you all got this book please. I am in the UK and my partner pre-ordered from Amazon for my birthday or Christmas (my b/day is Dec 19th)Anyway told me he got an email saying wasnt out until 20th Dec as been put back and is still not available on Amazon as dispatched right away. says 2-3 weeks!!Ah the book depositary have it! 20% off - £19.97

May I enquire if you ordered from the Book Depository - did they actually have it in stock? I too have been waiting for it to become available at Amazon UK but the availability keeps changing! I looked on comparison sites and some are saying not published (in UK) til Feb??
It's frustrating as I have been looking forward to this one for ages and can't wait to see it.
Many thanks (1st post but long time lurker!).

+Quote Post
Tara
post Jan 5 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #50
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

QUOTE(apriloil @ Jan 5 2012, 04:48 PM) *
May I enquire if you ordered from the Book Depository - did they actually have it in stock? I too have been waiting for it to become available at Amazon UK but the availability keeps changing! I looked on comparison sites and some are saying not published (in UK) til Feb??
It's frustrating as I have been looking forward to this one for ages and can't wait to see it.
Many thanks (1st post but long time lurker!).

I bought it from the Book Depository in November. I always find them pretty reliable and much better than Amazon at accessing hard-to-find books.

+Quote Post
Paju
post Jan 20 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #51
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

I got the book this week and I've been saving it, enjoying it little by little. It's a gorgeous book. There are some really well known photos but in my opinion, this book is a right place for them. There are also photos that haven't been published too many times. And the quality of the photos (and of the book) is stunning! It covers her entire life. In the end there's the Meryman interview, which I enjoyed a lot. There are also quotes by Marilyn or people who knew her. The introduction was good too. Basically very little text compared to the amount of photos, but after all, this is a photo book. It doesn't need even a short biography or anything. The photos speak for themselves.

+Quote Post
jen1080
post May 2 2012, 12:59 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Does anyone have this book? I just bought it online and should be getting it in about a week....I can't wait (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
Tara
post May 2 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #53
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

QUOTE(jen1080 @ May 2 2012, 12:59 AM) *
Does anyone have this book? I just bought it online and should be getting it in about a week....I can't wait (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

Merged with older thread (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
Monroestar
post May 11 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #54
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Mine was bought for me for valentines in the end <3 X

+Quote Post
Paju
post Aug 6 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #55
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

I finally posted a review of MMM in my book blog (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/wink3.gif)

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Feb 20 2019, 02:54 AM
Post #56
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) I finally have this book. Received it as a gift. It's the latest addition to my collection. The photos are repeats but good quality.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 05:54 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.