Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn's 60's Bleached Hair
Share |
mberton
post Mar 26 2014, 03:23 AM
Post #41
Marilyn encyclopedia

Group Icon

My two cents worth - I had dead straight hair as a child that turned wavy/curly as a teenager. Hormones! If you look at photos of Gladys and Berniece they both have wavy hair too. Even Della Hogan (Marilyn's grandmother) had wavy hair. Seems a strong genetic link in the family.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eva
post Oct 23 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #42
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(Celia @ Mar 25 2014, 11:02 PM) *
I think all of us have seen children with curled hair who grow a straight hair as adults or are blond in their childhood and brunettes as adults. Could it be that she had a naturally straight hair as a child and a naturally curled hair as an adult?? Any expert here? That could give us a clue.

I would go along with this, in my early student days becoming an hairdresser we had to learn all about hair follicles and how they grew, what i do know is people with curly hair have a flatter follicle and people with straight hair have a rounded one, some scientists say its a combination of genetics, hormones and body chemistry mostly hereditary from your own parents, i believe everyone's hair changes every 5 years. Young children up to about 4 years often they had very fine hair, as they age and go through puberty, their hair changes from being very fine to thick or from curly to straight. As you get into your sixties it can also change from being thick and course to fine and thinner.

There are some pictures of Gladys with very curly hair when she was younger, and when she was elderly she had gone completely grey, and her hair looked quite straight?

This post has been edited by Eva: Oct 29 2014, 08:14 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File gladys.jpg ( 61.69K )Number of downloads: 47

+Quote Post
Cello
post Nov 10 2014, 09:09 AM
Post #43
I just want to be wonderful.

Group Icon

Yes, hair definitely changes for a lot of people.
Myself for example. I was born with straight hair... which became wavy/curly... then extremely unruly in my teen years (to the point of tears)
And now I'm 28 and my hair seems to grow in pretty straight and towards ear length becomes wavy.

Also, I've bleaches/dyed my hair so many times that I really think it has gotten to the point where it's alter the follicles... so with Marilyn bleaching her hair every week, I would think she wouldn't have had to relax her hair (to straighten it). I think the bleach probably helped straighten her hair out... also thinning it out.

This post has been edited by Cello: Nov 10 2014, 09:09 AM

+Quote Post
Joan Newman
post Nov 21 2018, 04:54 PM
Post #44
Daisy

Group Icon

QUOTE(CYRILPARIS @ Mar 8 2013, 04:51 PM) *
Typed note dated November 20, 1959, from "Lilly Dach� Boutique and Beauty Salon" at "78 East 56 Street/New York 22, New York" which gives the simple instructions: "Dear Miss Monroe:/ Use undiluted, as is unless a weaker shade is desired. /Thank you/May." An attached note stapled to the upper left-hand corner is addressed to "Miss Agne (sic) Flanagan" MM's longtime hairdresser, and reads in full "Dear Miss Flanagan/Please use 1 oz/of this rinse to 8/oz of very hot water/on roots & cond/through ends � on/Miss Monroe's hair - /the cream is to use/on shaft of/hair after applying/bleach � thank you/Miss Rosemary" � a true insight into how the most famous blonde in Hollywood had to work hard to maintain her hair color.

I just read this older post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif)
Very interesting indeed. Here's a bit better quality of note.
Attached File(s)
Attached File notes_jfk.jpg ( 200.41K )Number of downloads: 20

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Nov 25 2018, 08:20 AM
Post #45
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

Very interesting! Thanks Nettie.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2018 - 05:22 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.