Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest: please Log In.
Everlasting Star is now a private community which no longer accepts new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pat Newcomb Partied With Jfk 2 Weeks After Mm's Death, Newspaper shows that Pat Newcomb attended an "informal" party
Share |
sdpt
post Aug 2 2010, 09:55 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

I'm not sure if this was posted, or if anyone was aware of this article. I found it on Google Archives... a place where you can search newspaper articles. I screen captured it.

Daytona Beach Morning Journal - August 20th, 1962

Los Angeles, Lawford beach front nearby Santa Monica.

"President Kennedy took a late afternoon swim yesterday and nearly got mobbed by hundreds of ocean bathers.
Many of the bathers followed him right into the water, including one fully dressed woman and a full dressed photographer.
The Chief Executive seemed to enjoy every minute of it, but it almost panicked the Secret Service.
Almost without warning, the President and his host, brother in law Peter Lawford, emerged through a gate on the Lawford beach property in nearby Santa Monica.
A cheer went up from the hundred or so bathers who had been waiting for such an appearance, and soon hundreds more ran from other parts of the beach.
The President shook hands with all who extended theirs as he strode bathers began trailing him into the surge.
The Secret Service at this point started running across the beach.
Soon a lifeguard patrol boat was summoned to patrol near the President.
One Secret Service agent said, "This fellow's so unpredictable and there's nothing we can do but stand there and watch."
The President swam for about 15 minutes, displaying a vigorous stroke.
As he emerged from the water the crowd, now swelled to a thousand, clustered around him as he strode over the 100 years or so of beach to the Lawford gate.
Among the bathers was bikini Sue Lyon, the movies' "Lolita.'
Lawford said there was no formal party inside. Most of the guests were members of the Kennedy's staff. Also there was Pat Newcomb, the late Marilyn Monroe's press agent
But next door, sunning herself in the backyard was Doris Day and three doors away was Janet Leigh.
Attached File(s)
Attached File newspaperclippingviagoogle1.png ( 338.9K )Number of downloads: 88

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nancy
post Aug 2 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I always feel like this is blown out of proportion. The Kennedy clan were always hanging out at the beach, they always had lots of friends around... the article mentions "there was no formal party inside."
I don't see why so many people are offended by this. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
sdpt
post Aug 3 2010, 08:09 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE(Nancy @ Aug 2 2010, 06:37 PM) *
I always feel like this is blown out of proportion. The Kennedy clan were always hanging out at the beach, they always had lots of friends around... the article mentions "there was no formal party inside."
I don't see why so many people are offended by this. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

In some reports, Pat Newcomb was a key player in the conspiracy of Marilyn's death. And I just found it odd that 2 weeks after Marilyn died, Pat Newcomb was at a party that consisted mainly of the Kennedy administration.

+Quote Post
pinup
post Aug 5 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #4
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

There's a picture of them together just after Marilyn's death you can see it here if you scroll down

http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/?sh...=7890&st=60

+Quote Post
jonas
post Aug 5 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #5
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(pinup @ Aug 5 2010, 04:28 PM) *
There's a picture of them together just after Marilyn's death you can see it here if you scroll down

So Pat Newcomb had been working for Marilyn and then started working for the President? She must have been very good at what she did! Such a short time after her death? Weird to say the least. But it does lead us to believe that they were aware of her competence and that they were also aware of what was going on with Marilyn through Newcomb's "professional competence". I mean, how could they know that she was worthy enough to be working for the government if they weren't knowledgeable of her work with Marilyn? Anyway, it was a great promotion,so to speak! And now I understand why she's kept quiet all these years. Because.with the salary she must have received, they turned her into a real lady they did! Just like in "My Fair Lady"!

+Quote Post
Fav
post Aug 5 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #6
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(pinup @ Aug 5 2010, 04:28 PM) *

It's odd though. That photograph has that it the photo of her with the Kennedys smiling 4 days after Marilyn's funeral, is from Robert Slatzer's collection. If he is the one who provided the date of the photo, how do we know the date was correct and indeed the truth? It looks bad them being so happy so shortly after her funeral, but who knows when it was taken.

+Quote Post
Nancy
post Aug 5 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #7
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Fav @ Aug 5 2010, 01:38 PM) *
It's odd though. That photograph has that it the photo of her with the Kennedys smiling 4 days after Marilyn's funeral, is from Robert Slatzer's collection. If he is the one who provided the date of the photo, how do we know the date was correct and indeed the truth? It looks bad them being so happy so shortly after her funeral, but who knows when it was taken.

I'd also like to know if Slatzer is the source of the date... if so, I'd be quite wary of believing it!

+Quote Post
Margherita
post Aug 6 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #8
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

QUOTE(Fav @ Aug 5 2010, 08:38 PM) *

I suggest to forget this Slatzer, he provides with his "information" so much and everything he says can be obtained in various other peoples' accounts - I think he was not a bad person, only had some obsession

--------

What comes to Pat Newcomb being on board - well, personally, if she had endured something to do with Marilyn and her death, I don't blame anybody getting to the sea weather, the feeling of the sea, the smell and sparkling waves.......

+Quote Post
LasseK
post Aug 7 2010, 03:45 AM
Post #9
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Nancy wrote: "I always feel like this is blown out of proportion. The Kennedy clan were always hanging out at the beach, they always had lots of friends around... the article mentions "there was no formal party inside."
I don't see why so many people are offended by this."

I agree completely.

As far as I'm concerned they were all true friends of Marilyn, regardless of whether they or some of them in hindsight could be blamed for not doing the right thing in direct connection with her death.

Of course none of them wanted Marilyn dead.

As for Pat Newcomb, she had also become friends with them. Two weeks after Marilyn's death they would all still have been in a state of mourning and maybe even shock about what had happened to Marilyn.

Since Pat Newcomb now had lost her employer, it's not at all surprising or strange that she was offered a new job by people who both knew her and may have thought she had done well at a sometimes difficult job for many years.

Lasse

+Quote Post
chris
post Aug 7 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #10
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

And please don't forget that Patricia Newcomb was a friend of the Kennedy family sinhe her childhood, many years before her work with Marilyn.
I don't see anything wrong with her presence with the Kennedys sorry...
Chris

+Quote Post
Tara
post Aug 7 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #11
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

I don't find it strange either...

+Quote Post
Joan Newman
post Aug 8 2010, 04:29 AM
Post #12
Daisy

Group Icon

QUOTE(chris @ Aug 7 2010, 01:02 PM) *
And please don't forget that Patricia Newcomb was a friend of the Kennedy family sinhe her childhood, many years before her work with Marilyn.
I don't see anything wrong with her presence with the Kennedys sorry...
Chris

I read that she had been friends with them since young too. I can't see how if Pat knew that the Kennedy's had something to do with Marilyn being killed that she would still be friends with them let alone go sailing happily right after her death. Maybe, Pat knew them first, was even close to them, then she got involved with Marilyn and it got complicated, Marilyn falling in love the way she often did with men that she was better off never even knowing, like Frank S.and Yves Montand, etc. I can see Pat being in a conflicting situation. Even if she had told Marilyn that JFK was a "PIG" and bedded every women he met, Marilyn would not have listened. So, she was in mourning when Marilyn died, I believe she definitely knew why and how she died, but she didn't feel it was the Kenneddy's doing. Maybe, like was said, she went with them out of despair and shock just not to be alone. Maybe they invited her along because they knew how close she was to Marilyn and wanted to help, offer her a job even. Maybe.

+Quote Post
CYRILPARIS
post Aug 9 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #13
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Perhaps she was a friend of Kennedy but that does not excuse his behavior since the Marilyn's death. Pat was also a friend of Marilyn and why doesn't she ever defended her 48 years ago? She could have continued to be her press agent post mortem on behalf of their friendship!
Personally, I don't think she is involved in her death, or the Kennedys but why don't talk about this death?
I think it is surely a medical error but in this case, why the government, police, FBI, CIA did they protect Mrs. Murray and the two doctors? Today, like Jackson's death, there been a trial.
Why not doesn't transmit we the police file ? Why doesn't we communicate the phone numbers from the night of her death?
Everyone knows a lot about the Kennedys today!
All this is still funny in 2010 ...

+Quote Post
Joan Newman
post Aug 10 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #14
Daisy

Group Icon

I agree with a lot of what you said. I can't see why Pat would not at least state Marilyn's state of mind at the time of her death. Say whether or not Marilyn was down and depressed. Maybe go after her doctors for over medicating her, etc. But if Pat knew that Marilyn was in a bad state of mind, and that Kennedy's rejection of her made her go over the edge, or that Bobby's visit really upset her and made her suicidal, I can see why she may still not want to talk about them. Even though Jack and Jackie are dead, there are still Kennedy's around and she may still want to protect them if they are her friends. I would wish if she has really loved Marilyn that she would at least speak up on her behalf in some way. Even if she didn't blame the Kennedy's she could still say something to defend Marilyn in some way.

+Quote Post
kandykisses
post Aug 10 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #15
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

I think there is something hinky about Marilyn's death but since there was a cover up we'll never know if she od'd and they covered up to keep the leak from hurting JFK or if they had her killed.

As far as them living-going to the beach-laughing 4 days after Marilyn's death-that's life and it goes on. I remember laughing after going back to my aunts' house after my grandma's funeral. No one can stay in a state of mourning 24/7. She wasn't their child or close relative. She was a friend. I am sure they were still in shock and mourning and had their moments of meloncholy. But they were still living. Their lives didn't stop when Marilyn's did.

I do think Newcomb as well as the housekeeper and doctor were part of a cover up to protect Kennedy. I am just not sure they were knew if she was murdered or it was an accident.

+Quote Post
jonas
post Aug 12 2010, 03:59 PM
Post #16
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(Nettie @ Aug 10 2010, 12:40 AM) *
I agree with a lot of what you said. I can't see why Pat would not at least state Marilyn's state of mind at the time of her death. Say whether or not Marilyn was down and depressed. Maybe go after her doctors for over medicating her, etc. But if Pat knew that Marilyn was in a bad state of mind, and that Kennedy's rejection of her made her go over the edge, or that Bobby's visit really upset her and made her suicidal, I can see why she may still not want to talk about them. Even though Jack and Jackie are dead, there are still Kennedy's around and she may still want to protect them if they are her friends. I would wish if she has really loved Marilyn that she would at least speak up on her behalf in some way. Even if she didn't blame the Kennedy's she could still say something to defend Marilyn in some way.

She could at least tell us that,right? I don't know much about Newcomb but her going to work for the Kennedys "so soon" after Marilyn's death is a bit strange considering all the rumors about MM/RFK,MM/JFK,MM's death and how it came about and eventually the "deafening" silence on the part of everyone. It's not just her but a whole lot of other people.
And if we're to assume that she was indeed Marilyn's friend and the Kennedys' friend , then why doesn't she react to all the literature and documentaries that have been made insinuating a Kennedy involvement in Marilyn's death. Many people have made a bundle on this! And though I believe Marilyn was indeed a victim of some sort of foul play, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Pat Newcomb may not know what exactly happened that night but I'll bet you she knows if the Kennedys were involved in some way or not. And if she could help to eliminate just one theory, then all Marilyn fans who are interested in this subject would have one less theory to think about. It'd help!!!

+Quote Post
kandykisses
post Aug 12 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #17
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

QUOTE(jonas @ Aug 12 2010, 10:59 AM) *
She could at least tell us that,right? I don't know much about Newcomb but her going to work for the Kennedys "so soon" after Marilyn's death is a bit strange considering all the rumors about MM/RFK,MM/JFK,MM's death and how it came about and eventually the "deafening" silence on the part of everyone. It's not just her but a whole lot of other people.
And if we're to assume that she was indeed Marilyn's friend and the Kennedys' friend , then why doesn't she react to all the literature and documentaries that have been made insinuating a Kennedy involvement in Marilyn's death. Many people have made a bundle on this! And though I believe Marilyn was indeed a victim of some sort of foul play, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Pat Newcomb may not know what exactly happened that night but I'll bet you she knows if the Kennedys were involved in some way or not. And if she could help to eliminate just one theory, then all Marilyn fans who are interested in this subject would have one less theory to think about. It'd help!!!

ITA

+Quote Post
jonas
post Aug 12 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #18
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(kandykisses @ Aug 12 2010, 04:44 PM) *
ITA

kandykisses, I'm 46 years old and my knowledge of Internet terminology is very limited! So, could you please tell me what "ITA" means?

+Quote Post
Nancy
post Aug 13 2010, 03:00 AM
Post #19
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(jonas @ Aug 12 2010, 01:59 PM) *
kandykisses, I'm 46 years old and my knowledge of Internet terminology is very limited! So, could you please tell me what "ITA" means?

Ha ha, I don't know what it is, either! Now I'm going to try to decipher it, without any Google cheating. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Tara
post Aug 13 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #20
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

ITA = 'I totally agree' (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2017 - 04:10 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.