Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn Getting Old, ...and beautiful
Share |
Margherita
post Feb 12 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #1
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I tried to find the thread that exists of this subject but didn't find it. Anyway, referring to all those terrible pictures of an aged rather awful looking Marilyn with bright turquoise (?) eyeshadow, I think one simple photo could give the answer how she would have looked as older - of course a lot the same as her half-sister Berniece, here in a same picture. Berniece certainly has the same grace and looks.

Attached File Marilyn_and_Berniece.jpg ( 43.55K )Number of downloads: 198
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dora
post Feb 13 2010, 08:40 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Didnt she smoke?I would imagine she would look much older?

+Quote Post
Paju
post Feb 13 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #3
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Marilyn apparently smoked occasionally. It might have affected her aging, as well as the pills and whatnot. (Had she lived to be an old woman, I believe she would have gotten rid of the pills.) Seeing how her half-sister looks like gives a good starting point to what Marilyn would have looked like as an old lady.

+Quote Post
Scottish Sugar
post Feb 13 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #4
Scotland's Marilyn Fanatic!

Group Icon

Considering they were half sisters, this is definitely the closest we will ever get to knowing what Marilyn would have looked when she was older.

Lovely photo, thanks for posting (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

xxx

+Quote Post
Ileana
post Feb 14 2010, 10:10 AM
Post #5
I will be chasing a starlight

Group Icon

I've always loved that photo of Berniece, she looks beautiful and very like Marilyn (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/throb.gif)

+Quote Post
Tara
post Feb 14 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #6
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

I agree that photos of Berniece show how Marilyn may also have aged - very gracefully. The resemblance actually seems even stronger than when Marilyn was still alive, to me.

+Quote Post
Margherita
post Feb 14 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #7
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

QUOTE(dora @ Feb 13 2010, 09:40 AM) *
Didnt she smoke?I would imagine she would look much older?

I'm not sayin that smoking is healthy, but even if a person smokes it doesn't allways result in lots of wrinkles, alcohol is much worse. Anyway, here's one picture of Berniece, particularly her nose and smile resemble so much what Marilyn looked like yet when Norma Jeane, look closer. She's the one in the left, of course.

Attached File monarmiracle_340_620bermo.jpg ( 8.94K )Number of downloads: 158

+Quote Post
Guest_jennie2000_*
post Feb 14 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Ultraviolet @ Feb 14 2010, 04:48 PM) *
I'm not sayin that smoking is healthy, but even if a person smokes it doesn't allways result in lots of wrinkles

I have to agree with you on that. I've been smoking since I was twelve and I still look way younger than many of my former non-smoking friends.
It's how you look after yourself, and Marilyn was very good at that. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/balloon.gif)

+Quote Post
Sweet Charity
post Feb 16 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #9
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Probably if Marilyn would go on to take pills and to drink she wouldn't be so beautiful now...In that photo Berniece is very similar to Marilyn.

+Quote Post
zzxq
post Feb 16 2010, 10:39 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(Sweet Charity @ Feb 16 2010, 10:22 AM) *
Probably if Marilyn would go on to take pills and to drink she wouldn't be so beautiful now...

I think that she looked at her best towards the end of her life. Real 60s and more psychologically mature; I always liked the sixties style. And beauty is not all that is important.

+Quote Post
pinup
post Feb 16 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #11
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I always thought Marilyn looked young for her age despite her habits. I wish her half sister and niece would do more things about her. They are the only genuine link left to Marilyn. Does anyone know if marilyn's niece has any children?

+Quote Post
nicky62
post Feb 18 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #12
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Mona Rae never had children . and Berneice never smoked , Marilyn did smoke occassionally but it wasnt in her daily habit . I sure wish also that Marilyn's neice Mona Rae and her Sister Marilyn would publish like a second book on After Marilyn . I have included some shots from around 1994 nicky62:rolleyes: forgot to attach the pic
Attached File(s)
Attached File mona_rae_bernice_1994.JPG ( 35.47K )Number of downloads: 170

+Quote Post
VanessaLapierre
post Feb 18 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #13
Vanessa Lapierre

Group Icon

I think Marilyn was looking more and more stunning as time went by. I'm sure she would have aged gracefully as her appareance was very important to her, she wouldn't have let herself go like alot of older women do. And her half-sister and mother aged well too.

Also, I don't think smoking always affect the way you ages.. Take a look at Gene Tierney or Audrey Hepburn.. They have been quite heavy smoker since they were young women and they aged incredibly beautifully, more than many people who didn't smoke.

+Quote Post
nicky62
post Feb 19 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #14
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Here are some artwork that I have made and some made by others on how Marilyn wouldve aged . (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/banana.gif) I have always fantasized about it
nicky62
Attached File(s)
Attached File Mature_2009_Nicky_2.jpg ( 322.71K )Number of downloads: 162
Attached File mm_newest33.jpg ( 570.78K )Number of downloads: 139
Attached File mm.JPG ( 85K )Number of downloads: 141
Attached File Stern_art_face.jpg ( 441.5K )Number of downloads: 91
Attached File sun_1990.JPG ( 57.9K )Number of downloads: 101
Attached File nicky62_2009060811836_MM_at_83_2009_Oscar_Night_original.jpg ( 699.42K )Number of downloads: 116

+Quote Post
Margherita
post Feb 19 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #15
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I like particularly the last picture; the jawline comes as close as possible what it would have looked like on her around 70-80 plus everything else, her eyes have remained mostly the same which isn't difficult - but then she could have been through some plastic surgery to tighten the face like Elizabeth Taylor - but then of course she'd have maybe gotten enough of that sort, and just let herself be the way she is; really skillful work Nicky!!

+Quote Post
Tiina
post Mar 14 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #16
Ihana, ihanampi, Marilyn.

Group Icon

I'm sure she would have been just as beautiful. I did these by using paintshop awhile ago. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/balloon.gif)

This post has been edited by Tiina: Mar 14 2010, 02:06 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File maturemarilyn1.jpg ( 56.59K )Number of downloads: 119
Attached File sag008.jpg ( 61.15K )Number of downloads: 97

+Quote Post
nicky62
post Jul 31 2018, 02:17 AM
Post #17
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Hi everybody it's been some time that I haven't shared Marilyn age progressed and this weekend mark's her anniversary .
I always dream she is alive and well doing talk shows movies and even catched on with the writers bug.
She could have aged beautifully with some nip and tucks or as they say a little freshen up .
And also today July 30 is her sister Berniece Birthday hope you all enjoy and hold a good thought for Marilyn Love Nicky62
Attached File(s)
Attached File Aged_MM_By_Nick_2018_b.jpg ( 454.88K )Number of downloads: 12
Attached File bm99.jpg ( 264.04K )Number of downloads: 6

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2018 - 02:59 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.