Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Support Everlasting Star !, A little call for donations
Share |
mels
post Aug 26 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #1
Isn't it delicious?

Group Icon

Dear Marilyn admirers,

As most of you know, because of the traffic it handles and the disk space this site uses, I had to put it on a dedicated server. ES has had its own home for a little over a year now, and despite some little availibility issues, I've been mostly happy with the server.
The problem is that this little baby also costs money, 40 / month, which can sometimes be an effort for me.
You probably have noticed that I added ads here and there on the site, to help pay the bills. While they are some help, they do not cover all charges.

Some members here offered to help and support the cause by donating money last year when I started using the dedicated server. Since then, the number of members has increased dramatically, so I thought I'd mention this again : if you want to help me support the server costs, you can do so by making a donation via PayPal.

Everyone who donates money (from 1 to whatever you want), becomes an "Elite Member". As a thank you all Elite members get :

- an unlimited PM box storage
- an "Elite Member" plaque under their avatar (let people know you proudly support this site !)
- an @everlasting-star.net addy.

I know this is not much but I think it's fair to give out some thank you gifts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

All donations help me pay the bills for the site.

Elite membership never expires, but please keep in mind that the server costs never expire either. So feel free to donate anytime you want, you can donate a tiny little bit each month if you want !

If you chose to make a donation, then email me (see my addy in my signature) as soon as your done, and let me know your username on the boards (and donation amount so I can link the donations and members, and convert your status to Elite).

If you'd like to make a donation, please click here: it will take you to a page with a donation button. Simply click on that button and follow the onscreen instructions. Please note that you can also find the PayPal button in "My Controls" (see left menu there).

[EDIT] As several members have had problems sending their money via the above link, please note that you can also donate by directly to my e-mail addy, still via PayPal. Please take a look at the image in my signature to find out my email address.

If you have any questions and/or need help, please feel free to reply to this message.
And thanks to everyone for their support !

Mels

This post has been edited by mels: Sep 12 2008, 08:02 PM
Reason for edit: Edited to add the direct email donation portion
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
suusmarie
post Sep 4 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Dear Mels,

I just send you a donation but I also wanted to publicly thank you for running the best MM site in the world (IMG:style_emoticons/default/worshippy.gif) !
I can really not imagine what I would do, Marilyn-wise, without ES and all the wonderful members (IMG:style_emoticons/default/throb.gif) !

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Suus

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Sep 4 2008, 02:07 AM
Post #3
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

I agree with Suus!

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Sep 4 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #4
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

Mels...I am having trouble making a donation. The Paypal link does not have the United States listed. When I try to log-in, I can't.
I went to the regular Paypal site, logged-in, and tried to send money, but I need an email address to use. I tried putting in everlasting-star.net_support, but it would not accept it.
Can you help me?!

+Quote Post
Bobby
post Sep 5 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #5
That smile...

Group Icon

QUOTE(chickeyonthego @ Sep 4 2008, 07:00 PM) *
Mels...I am having trouble making a donation. The Paypal link does not have the United States listed. When I try to log-in, I can't.
I went to the regular Paypal site, logged-in, and tried to send money, but I need an email address to use. I tried putting in everlasting-star.net_support, but it would not accept it.
Can you help me?!

I had/am having the same problem; I just need an email address please Mels! Sending it via PM would of course, be fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

+Quote Post
Tara
post Sep 6 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #6
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

Just look at Mels' signature at the bottom of her post, her email addy is right there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif)

+Quote Post
Demos Kratos
post Sep 6 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #7
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Yeah, send it via the g-mail address in her Mels' signature, that's what I done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post
mels
post Sep 8 2008, 07:49 AM
Post #8
Isn't it delicious?

Group Icon

Hi everyone,

Indeed, Tara and Lee are right, you can definitely use the email addy that's in my sig (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

Mels

+Quote Post
Monroestar
post Sep 12 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #9
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Had the same problem. Just sent a donation via your email - I have put my username in the title

This site is amazing!! Thank You X

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Sep 14 2008, 07:38 AM
Post #10
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

It worked! Thanks everybody for the help.

+Quote Post
jily
post Sep 23 2008, 06:18 AM
Post #11
JILLY

Group Icon

Hi mels

ive made a donation

im not online much these days
but like to drop in when i can

cheers from australia
"o)
Jilly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif)

+Quote Post
vintagesky
post Nov 16 2008, 01:59 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

I've just made a small donation and I'm going to try to donate the same amount each month. I'm sorry I can't do more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

As a side note, I had no problem donating via the paypal button.

+Quote Post
angelinamn
post Nov 10 2011, 08:27 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(vintagesky @ Nov 16 2008, 04:59 AM) *
I've just made a small donation and I'm going to try to donate the same amount each month. I'm sorry I can't do more. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

As a side note, I had no problem donating via the paypal button.

This is very off topic and i am sorry, but i cannot get into my own edit personal info...why?? Is anyone else having this trouble? Or is it just me?

+Quote Post
Guest_EDUARDO CABALLERO_*
post Dec 29 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #14

Hello, first excuse my English.
I would like to know the photographer that took this photo shoot and also the year.
Well not if they are in 1950 and could be advertising for Fox, someone can help me.

+Quote Post
CYRILPARIS
post Dec 30 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #15
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(EDUARDO CABALLERO @ Dec 29 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Hello, first excuse my English.
I would like to know the photographer that took this photo shoot and also the year.
Well not if they are in 1950 and could be advertising for Fox, someone can help me.

Hi Edouardo, what's the picture you are talking about?

+Quote Post
anactor33
post Jun 15 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE(mels @ Aug 26 2008, 01:05 PM) *
Dear Marilyn admirers,

As most of you know, because of the traffic it handles and the disk space this site uses, I had to put it on a dedicated server. ES has had its own home for a little over a year now, and despite some little availibility issues, I've been mostly happy with the server.
The problem is that this little baby also costs money, 40 / month, which can sometimes be an effort for me.
You probably have noticed that I added ads here and there on the site, to help pay the bills. While they are some help, they do not cover all charges.

Some members here offered to help and support the cause by donating money last year when I started using the dedicated server. Since then, the number of members has increased dramatically, so I thought I'd mention this again : if you want to help me support the server costs, you can do so by making a donation via PayPal.

Everyone who donates money (from 1 to whatever you want), becomes an "Elite Member". As a thank you all Elite members get :

- an unlimited PM box storage
- an "Elite Member" plaque under their avatar (let people know you proudly support this site !)
- an @everlasting-star.net addy.

I know this is not much but I think it's fair to give out some thank you gifts (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

All donations help me pay the bills for the site.

Elite membership never expires, but please keep in mind that the server costs never expire either. So feel free to donate anytime you want, you can donate a tiny little bit each month if you want !

If you chose to make a donation, then email me (see my addy in my signature) as soon as your done, and let me know your username on the boards (and donation amount so I can link the donations and members, and convert your status to Elite).

If you'd like to make a donation, please click here: it will take you to a page with a donation button. Simply click on that button and follow the onscreen instructions. Please note that you can also find the PayPal button in "My Controls" (see left menu there).

[EDIT] As several members have had problems sending their money via the above link, please note that you can also donate by directly to my e-mail addy, still via PayPal. Please take a look at the image in my signature to find out my email address.

If you have any questions and/or need help, please feel free to reply to this message.
And thanks to everyone for their support !

Mels

I tried to find the donation through Pay Pal in English, but all I could find was the French version.
John Alexander Baker

+Quote Post
Considerate
post Jun 11 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #17
It was great so what the hell!!

Group Icon

Thank You Mels. Happy to donate to Everlasting-Star.

+Quote Post
CarneroCS
post Jan 13 2018, 04:48 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Предприятие МАВ приглашает любителей автомобилей BMW-7, мы предоставляем услугу полной механической и компьютерной диагностики с последующим ремонтом.
Официально все данные на автомобили BMW, будут заноситься в электронную базу по обслуживанию вашего автомобиля, с записью на ключ.

Ремонт BMW
Тел:+7(915) 164-13-69
Тел:+7(915) 163-90-27

Территория автосервиса по адресу: г. Москва, Метро Павелецкая, Садовническая набережная дом 49.

Компания ООО МАВ является авторизованным дилером, предоставляющим полный комплекс услуг по техническому обслуживанию и ремонту автомобилей BMW.
Первоклассные специалисты.
Все сотрудники сервисной зоны, от механиков до мастеров, прошли обязательное обучение в техническом центре BMW и выполняют все работы в четком соответствии с технологией, рекомендованной BMW AG. Передовое оборудование. Дилерский центр оснащен передовым оборудованием, рекомендованным производителем для ремонта и диагностики автомобилей.
Оригинальные запчасти.
Диагностика БМВ Москва

При обслуживании Вашего автомобиля BMW мы используем только оригинальные запасные части и строго по рекомендованным ценам BMW RT. Именно такие детали устанавливаются на автомобиль при его сборке на конвейере.
Гарантия.
Гарантийный срок на все виды работ, производимых в нашем центре, составляет 6 месяцев или 10000 км пробега.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 04:57 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.