Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn Poisoned?
Share |
Robby
post Aug 10 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #1
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I read this interesting thing in The Unabridged Marilyn, not that I believe it, though:

Less than a week after Marilyn's death, The Chicago Tribune reported that the cause of her death may have been cyanide poisoning. According to that newspaper, red blotches had been found on Marilyn's body and such discoloration was symptomatic of cyanide poisoning. The Chicago Tribune further commented that the corrosion found on Marilyn's lips, tongue, and internal organs was also consistent with a cyanide dose.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mezzo
post Aug 10 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Robby @ Aug 10 2008, 08:45 AM) *
I read this interesting thing in The Unabridged Marilyn, not that I believe it, though:

Similarly, on page 143 of Joan Mellon's, "Marilyn Monroe" book, it reads:
"The chemical analysis of her autopsy revealed not only the expected Nembutal and choral hydrate or "knock-out drops" that she had been taking, but the presence of burns in her mouth and digestive tract and a fast-acting poison in her stomach."
Mellon goes on to speculate that since no one else was in the house except for Mrs. Murray, this indicates suicide. Of course, we don't really know who else was there.

The poison is mentioned again by Mellon on page 144:
"The police, strangely, refused to name the poison found in Marilyn Monroe."

I haven't read the DDD online investigation book, but have ordered it. Is poison mentioned in the book?

+Quote Post
Robby
post Aug 10 2008, 05:29 PM
Post #3
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Interesting! Thank you!

+Quote Post
Mezzo
post Aug 10 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #4
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

You're welcome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/balloon.gif)

+Quote Post
Cello
post Jan 25 2014, 06:34 AM
Post #5
I just want to be wonderful.

Group Icon

QUOTE(Mezzo @ Aug 10 2008, 09:35 AM) *
Similarly, on page 143 of Joan Mellon's, "Marilyn Monroe" book, it reads:
"The chemical analysis of her autopsy revealed not only the expected Nembutal and choral hydrate or "knock-out drops" that she had been taking, but the presence of burns in her mouth and digestive tract and a fast-acting poison in her stomach."
Mellon goes on to speculate that since no one else was in the house except for Mrs. Murray, this indicates suicide. Of course, we don't really know who else was there.

The poison is mentioned again by Mellon on page 144:
"The police, strangely, refused to name the poison found in Marilyn Monroe."

I haven't read the DDD online investigation book, but have ordered it. Is poison mentioned in the book?

Wow.. I've not heard this before!
It's strange that all the documentaries and books I've read on her death... this wasn't mentioned.
does anyone have anymore info on this (re: burns in her mouth)?

*edit* actually I have and read Crypt33 and it does mention cyanide poisoning

and here's a photog who took pics of her dead body describing what her skin looked like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPeViMdnqmI

This post has been edited by Cello: Jan 25 2014, 06:39 AM

+Quote Post
sneyder69
post Jan 25 2014, 11:41 AM
Post #6
Super admirer

Group Icon

Real Marilyn fans don't want to see Marilyn dead,...Remember Marilyn as she was.

+Quote Post
Cello
post Jan 26 2014, 03:34 AM
Post #7
I just want to be wonderful.

Group Icon

snyder, he's simply describing what her skin looked like when he saw it. This is the Death Investigation forum. Her body is obviously a huge part of it. If you're squeamish, you probably aren't the person to research her death. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/doh.gif)

"Real Marilyn fans?" Sounds a bit arrogant to imply that because someone is examining her body after death they aren't fans of hers. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/angry.gif) Note I've been here since January-06! But I must be a phony fan.

I've seen her after death and I STILL remember her as she was. I guess some only have a one track mind?
Also, please stop derailing the thread. I'm just SO SICK and TIRED of people popping up, making snarky condescending comments that have ZERO to do with the topic at hand!

This post has been edited by Cello: Jan 26 2014, 03:38 AM

+Quote Post
sneyder69
post Jan 27 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #8
Super admirer

Group Icon

Cello, my name is NOT Snyder, but Sneyder, and first of all, dont tell me things that i am arrogant, you dont know me , I do not say that you're a rude b""tch, do i??
You cant not say thing about a person like that.

My opinion is that real M.M fand dont want to see a death photo of Marilyn, thats all .

This FORUM needs a bit more RESPECT !!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 11:43 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.