Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Britney Spears' Duet With Marilyn, "Down Boy"
Share |
meztisa
post May 8 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #1
team marilyn

Group Icon

Just heard it this morning on the radio.

Former N’Sync singer Lance Bass reportedly owns the rights to the Marilyn Monroe song “Down Boy” and a source tells Star, “he’s offered it to Britney for her to sing along with, sort of like Natalie Cole when she sings to her dad’s song ‘Unforgettable.’”

Lance made the offer to Britney this week, and Britney is still pondering what to do, reports Star Magazine. Will Britney Spears channel Marilyn Monroe? Perhaps!

Supposedly it will be on her new album, if she chooses to. I am so upset. I don't care who it is, I just wish they would leave the song alone! I would like to hear the original. And how the *@#$&! did Lance Bass get the rights to that song?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nancy
post May 8 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Oh my god, I hope this is not true and just rumour. The fact that it came from Star makes me think it is just the usual BS gossip. I like Britney's music, but I don't want this rare treasure to be messed with in any way. Leave it as is, the way it was MEANT to be heard.

Anything for a buck... (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes1.gif)

+Quote Post
magg0rz
post May 8 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

If he does really own it, that could explain why he doesn't have much money anymore. I'm sure that song is worth a ton of money.

+Quote Post
Paju
post May 9 2007, 09:26 AM
Post #4
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Down Boy was only recently discovered.

But I really hope this isn't true (it's from Star mag after all). And how come Lance Bass owns the rights to the song? What the... ?
Anything for a dollar or two (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes1.gif)

+Quote Post
~TheGirl~
post May 9 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #5
♥Marilyn Forever♥

Group Icon

Wow this is crazy! I think they should just leave the song alone, I suppose it would bring more attention to Marilyn but i'm not sure if the whole duet thing is a good idea.

+Quote Post
Robby
post May 9 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #6
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

No! I really don't hope this is true. She has had alot of negative publicity, maybe this will give her even more. They should release Down Boy not as a duet, but just Marilyn's version!

+Quote Post
SAiKARO
post May 9 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #7
Super admirer

Group Icon

oh god, i just wish people would just give up and stop trying to "channel" marilyn. won't they ever realize there will never be another like her? people who do covers of her songs, pose like her, etc will just end up being compared to marilyn and they will never come close!

people should just try to be their own individual selves and stop trying to compare themselves to someone else...especially if they will never come close to who they are trying to be compared to!

+Quote Post
dwane
post May 9 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #8
I'm trying so hard...

Group Icon

i also hope it's just a romor. britney is all washed up.

+Quote Post
~TheGirl~
post May 9 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #9
♥Marilyn Forever♥

Group Icon

I dont really mind Britney, But its hard to imagine her actually dueting with Marilyn. I dont see why they cant just release the song on its on, or at least come up with somthing better.

+Quote Post
dwane
post May 10 2007, 01:39 AM
Post #10
I'm trying so hard...

Group Icon

it's a publicity stunt. this isn't really related but kinda is but i remember i saw a clip on the news of a digital elvis dueting with celine dion, it was pretty cool but it was for publicity in my opinion.

This post has been edited by dwane: May 10 2007, 01:39 AM

+Quote Post
Tiina
post May 10 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #11
Ihana, ihanampi, Marilyn.

Group Icon

I just hope this is untrue.

+Quote Post
meztisa
post May 11 2007, 12:23 AM
Post #12
team marilyn

Group Icon

QUOTE(dwane @ May 9 2007, 08:39 PM) [snapback]133530[/snapback]
it's a publicity stunt. this isn't really related but kinda is but i remember i saw a clip on the news of a digital elvis dueting with celine dion, it was pretty cool but it was for publicity in my opinion.

I quite liked the Elvis and Celine thing, it was neat! See, if anyone did a duet with Marilyn Monroe as they did with Elvis (by not actually ruining the original recording and just doing a concert or something....) I would appreciate it! But Lance plans to have Britney mix the track - something that's unreleased. I would looooooooove to hear the "Down Boy" original recording - not with an update! I want to hear it as Marilyn did when she performed it.

Also, this information has come from many other sources as well. On the radio stations over here, there is a guy who actually is in touch with the Hollywood connection and knows quite a few producers over there, and he's the one who announced the story - where I first heard it.

+Quote Post
lovemetender1593
post May 13 2007, 06:26 AM
Post #13
CaItLiN

Group Icon

where can i find "Down Boy"

+Quote Post
meztisa
post May 13 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #14
team marilyn

Group Icon

It's not released yet. We're actually discussing as to how they will release it.

+Quote Post
californiadude
post Jun 17 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #15
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I have a feeling, sadly, that this is true. On Britney's official website, there are some possible names for the album and one is "Down Boy". Previously I have felt sorry for Britney, everything that has happened but now I just think everything that has happened to her is all her own doing and I don't see why a Hollywood treasure like this should be destroyed just to get her career back on track! I would rather hear a remix but with someone else, maybe someone with some unique talent??

The song will sell more with a duet, but I wish with someone else (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) . Because the majority of people are not going to buy a Marilyn CD nowadays.

+Quote Post
~TheGirl~
post Jun 17 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #16
♥Marilyn Forever♥

Group Icon

I agree Joey!

The fact that she is considering calling her album "Down Boy" is a major hint that she is gona release a song called "Down Boy" i'm really worried about what it gona be like

I think it will either be a huge failure or a run away hit

+Quote Post
LostHurlyFan
post Jun 19 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #17
Marilyn Fan Forever

Group Icon

QUOTE(SAiKARO @ May 9 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]133494[/snapback]
oh god, i just wish people would just give up and stop trying to "channel" marilyn. won't they ever realize there will never be another like her? people who do covers of her songs, pose like her, etc will just end up being compared to marilyn and they will never come close!

people should just try to be their own individual selves and stop trying to compare themselves to someone else...especially if they will never come close to who they are trying to be compared to!
I absolutely agree!! To me it just seems like they are using Marilyn's good name to just make A buck!!

QUOTE(~TheGirl~ @ Jun 17 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]136467[/snapback]
I agree Joey!

The fact that she is considering calling her album "Down Boy" is a major hint that she is gona release a song called "Down Boy" i'm really worried about what it gona be like

I think it will either be a huge failure or a run away hit

Ok now I like Britney's music but I have this feeling this will back fire on her big time!! Not to mention if the song is terrible the fans of Marilyn will probably tear her apart. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
~TheGirl~
post Jun 20 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #18
♥Marilyn Forever♥

Group Icon

Thats true! Lets hope that its good if it is happening

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 12:04 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.