Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyns Body To Be Exhumed?
Share |
Garbo20
post Nov 15 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #21
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Not sure quite how to say this, but what could they possibly find out now, she died over 40 years ago and well I don't think there would be much of her left and certainly no evidence left. I think she should be left alone..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lillis3
post Nov 15 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #22
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(jennie2000 @ Apr 19 2007, 07:39 PM) *
Oh come on people, her body has been dead for ages and her soul is in a happier place. Her gift was her body yes but see it for what it is now, rotting, if not already a sceleton. How many of you have actually really seen a dear one dead? Then you will know, their soul is no longer there. It isnt! It is gone where they were the happiest and that is that. If people caring about such things would like to know, then why not let them.
A dead body is a dead body, no matter what the title was on the toe when it was brought in.
I believe Marilyn/ Norma Jeane is in her happiest place right now (and none of us will never know where that is), and I don't think she really cares what people does to the body she leant to be here on earth.
Sorry (not) to the people here who are so superficial and shallow and believe that the body is so important, and do believe that Marilyn would in her death be so concerned about such issues as where her dead body ended up.I beleive she would be more concerned someone who loved her got in charge of it.
Dig the body up I say and quiten the ignorant, who always beleived she were a victim..

i agree with you molly

+Quote Post
pinup
post Nov 16 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #23
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I wonder if Hugh Hefner still wants to exhume her then?

+Quote Post
albosil
post Nov 17 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

I guess we should just dig up Abraham Lincoln's body and parade his head at the circus, hey we can get top dollar for that!

But we wouldn't be doing that. We wouldnt be hanging her body by a hook and sellling tickets for all to see. It is simply something to be done that COULD possibly tell us what happened and put some of our questions to rest. Just because your personal beliefs won't allow you to agree to this, does that mean that the rest of us should be kept from the truth of what happened to marilyn also? To me, it is a body..its not MARILYN anymore. Marilyn is in a different place now and we should respect her MEMORY and wouldn't you want the real story of her life instead of a million different conspiracies.

+Quote Post
pinup
post Nov 17 2007, 02:07 AM
Post #25
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

yes i agree. and lets face it if the real cause of death was revealed it would stop alot of so called 'friends' of hers from making money off these conspiracy theories.

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Nov 18 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #26
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

All it takes is one step. We can do anything we want to the body because it's just flesh and bone. My point is where do we draw the line? And what right do you have to exhume her body? You aren't related to her, that is my entire point. And just as you say these are my so called beliefs, not everyone agrees with you that it's just her body and nothing more than that. To you it may be flesh and bone, to me it was the temple which carried Norma Jeane's soul. You may not respect it enough to leave it alone, but I do. Just because you don't accept the results of her autopsy report or reasons for her death, that doesn't give you or I the right to exhume her body just to ease our curiousity. I respect Marilyn's body just as I respect her soul. She deserves eternal peace, period.

QUOTE(albosil @ Nov 16 2007, 04:35 PM) *
But we wouldn't be doing that. We wouldnt be hanging her body by a hook and sellling tickets for all to see. It is simply something to be done that COULD possibly tell us what happened and put some of our questions to rest. Just because your personal beliefs won't allow you to agree to this, does that mean that the rest of us should be kept from the truth of what happened to marilyn also? To me, it is a body..its not MARILYN anymore. Marilyn is in a different place now and we should respect her MEMORY and wouldn't you want the real story of her life instead of a million different conspiracies.

This post has been edited by meganmarilyn: Nov 18 2007, 01:46 AM

+Quote Post
dwane
post Nov 18 2007, 02:01 AM
Post #27
I'm trying so hard...

Group Icon

i agree with meganmarilyn. it's still marilyn and i think the only person to exhume marilyn is someone that she is related to. although marilyn's spirit is in a different place i would rather not know what killed her rather than taking her body out of her crypt. there is hair from her autopsy, why can't we test that? and there must be something else we could test, i mean anything.

This post has been edited by dwane: Nov 18 2007, 02:01 AM

+Quote Post
albosil
post Nov 18 2007, 02:34 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE(meganmarilyn @ Nov 18 2007, 01:44 AM) *
All it takes is one step. We can do anything we want to the body because it's just flesh and bone. My point is where do we draw the line? And what right do you have to exhume her body? You aren't related to her, that is my entire point. And just as you say these are my so called beliefs, not everyone agrees with you that it's just her body and nothing more than that. To you it may be flesh and bone, to me it was the temple which carried Norma Jeane's soul. You may not respect it enough to leave it alone, but I do. Just because you don't accept the results of her autopsy report or reasons for her death, that doesn't give you or I the right to exhume her body just to ease our curiousity. I respect Marilyn's body just as I respect her soul. She deserves eternal peace, period.

Her relatives? Who in her life actually gave a damn about her that is still alive? (or for that matter, even EXISTED). You can't use her half sister's grandchild (this is just a hypothetical..) as a source to OK her body being dug up. He/she is about to close as Marilyn as we are. The point is, you , just like some of the people here, are letting their beliefs hold the rest of us from possibly finding out the TRUTH. and Hey, if you can find out the truth from a strand of Marilyn's hair...then don't dig up the body. But if that's not possible...then we need to go another route. I think some people here might even be afraid of what might be found out because they like the "mystery" sorrounding it. . Find another way to discover how Marilyn died..then i'll shut up, but until then...the soul and the body are two different things. Marilyn's soul and body have long parted ways.

+Quote Post
Stacy
post Nov 18 2007, 03:08 AM
Post #29
Dearest Poo...

Group Icon

If the exhume her body I hope they do a DNA test and finally prove who her father was.

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Nov 18 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #30
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Oh I get, since my opinion is considered a belief, while yours isn't, right? Why is YOUR truth the ABSOLUTE truth of what should be done, while mine or others is not? Once again, you are a fan, not a relative, not someone who is related to her. So if that IS ALL it takes to exhume a body, when you die, I will want your body exhumed and put on display at the local flea market. Since you are only flesh and bone and your body doesn't hold any significate purpose in life but to eat, sleep, and eventually die and be buried in a grave somewhere.

One more thing, you just stated below that the body and soul are 2 different things. #1, you can't prove it scientifically, since the soul is based on religous belief. But hey, if you can somehow prove that Marilyn's soul is IN NO way connected to her body on this spiritual level or any other (depends on what religion), go ahead. I am waiting...

I respect your opinion, whether or not mine deserves the same. Anyways, peace and I myself will move on from this topic.

QUOTE(albosil @ Nov 17 2007, 05:34 PM) *
Her relatives? Who in her life actually gave a damn about her that is still alive? (or for that matter, even EXISTED). You can't use her half sister's grandchild (this is just a hypothetical..) as a source to OK her body being dug up. He/she is about to close as Marilyn as we are. The point is, you , just like some of the people here, are letting their beliefs hold the rest of us from possibly finding out the TRUTH. and Hey, if you can find out the truth from a strand of Marilyn's hair...then don't dig up the body. But if that's not possible...then we need to go another route. I think some people here might even be afraid of what might be found out because they like the "mystery" sorrounding it. . Find another way to discover how Marilyn died..then i'll shut up, but until then...the soul and the body are two different things. Marilyn's soul and body have long parted ways.

This post has been edited by meganmarilyn: Nov 18 2007, 11:13 PM

+Quote Post
dwane
post Nov 18 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #31
I'm trying so hard...

Group Icon

i don't think anyone here is stopping her body from being exhumed, the people who might or are going to do it i guarentee are not reading these posts and taking them into consideration.

nobody here is stopping her body from being exhumed, unless we had a petition or something, we can't do diddly about it.

This post has been edited by dwane: Nov 18 2007, 10:43 PM

+Quote Post
bonadrag
post Nov 18 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #32
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

i'm 50/50 on it. i'd like her body to be exhumed so we could find out how she really died and maybe what happened so all the rumors and theories can be put to rest. but on the other hand, something about having people take her out of her resting place and having her examined just kind of bothers me.

+Quote Post
albosil
post Nov 19 2007, 02:49 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

One more thing, you just stated below that the body and soul are 2 different things.

So the soul deteriorates with the body? Or does the soul stay in a deteriorating body? You can't have both.

P.S..I'm sorry if i came off as disrespectful, I meant nothing of the sort.

+Quote Post
Christina
post Dec 30 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

I believe that it wouldn't be nice to exhume her body as everyone said for the same reasons,although we all want to learn the reason and I believe all the people that loved her deserve the truth. I know that her soul isn't there anymore but still..i think that if you go to her grave you'll feel like she is there even though it's just the remains of her body,45 years later...
But it would be better if the certain few people that know the truth,open their mouths and tell the truth! I believe that there were conspiracies when she died.. "never to reveal the truth"... and "some people" hiding behind her so-called suicide... Now everyone that may had put someone to kill her is dead all doctors,detectives,etc should talk... I saw a documentary lately and you could clearly see that some doctors weren't allowed to talk more about her death or the autopsy results...
I think that maybe we can learn the truth without disturbing her body.

+Quote Post
jonas
post May 6 2008, 12:32 AM
Post #35
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

To be just, the world would have to exhume the bodies of everyone who ever died mysterious deaths. Not just Marilyn's. And though the road may be longer, it's probably not necessary. The exhuming of the body would at best tell us something about the substances which entered her body and killed her, but it wouldn't tell us who, assuming she was killed. At this point, just by analyzing the behaviour of the people who were in the vicinity of Helena Drive that night, is enough to see that something odd happened on August 4th/5th. Marilyn's death wasn't a mere,simple one. And even if it was, it sure wasn't treated as one later on.
The behaviour of Greenson, Murray, Engelberg,Clemmons, the studios and what not that night says it all. The difficulty is pinpointing facts! But who knows what the future holds.Technology advances so rapidly.

+Quote Post
Margherita
post May 9 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #36
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

QUOTE(jonas @ May 6 2008, 12:32 AM) *
To be just, the world would have to exhume the bodies of everyone who ever died mysterious deaths. Not just Marilyn's. And though the road may be longer, it's probably not necessary. The exhuming of the body would at best tell us something about the substances which entered her body and killed her, but it wouldn't tell us who, assuming she was killed. At this point, just by analyzing the behaviour of the people who were in the vicinity of Helena Drive that night, is enough to see that something odd happened on August 4th/5th. Marilyn's death wasn't a mere,simple one. And even if it was, it sure wasn't treated as one later on.
The behaviour of Greenson, Murray, Engelberg,Clemmons, the studios and what not that night says it all. The difficulty is pinpointing facts! But who knows what the future holds.Technology advances so rapidly.

I agree with Jonas, the exhuming would only proof what we allready know, her blood level containing 4,5 mg of Nembutal, a markable coloration of the lower intestines (or what ever), everything that the autopsy allready revealed, they hardly would find any new revealing poison(s) in the 46 year old remnants.
In doing some laboratory research now wouldn't tell anymore of the two most important questions, who killed her and what was the exact motive.
So there would be left two things: the same old mystery as the same and plus, the nasty awareness knowing Marilyn's body has been digged out of her final resting place.

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post May 9 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #37
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(albosil @ Nov 18 2007, 06:49 PM) *
So the soul deteriorates with the body? Or does the soul stay in a deteriorating body? You can't have both.

P.S..I'm sorry if i came off as disrespectful, I meant nothing of the sort.

Again, you missed the point. Her body was something she took great pride in when her soul inhabited it. It wasn't just a vehicle to consume food and then dispose waste. That is her temple, it is sacred to fans like myself and to millions of others. She isn't just some john doe or cadaver. To you it may be. To me no. If ANYONE on this earth deserves eternal rest and peace, it is her. Like it or not.

+Quote Post
pinup
post May 9 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #38
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I dont know what you all believe about psychics and stuff ut there was a show on in the uk which was trying to 'contact' marilyn. One man claims he did 'contact' her and apparently she said she is stuck on earth because of all the consipiracys that surrond her death. If that is true Id hate her spirit to be trapped here... and ifexhuming her body was the only way to get to the truth I think its a good thing. However as Ultraviolet said they would probably only find in her body what was found in the autopsy, assuming of course the autopsy was legit.
To be honest I think the only way we can really know what happened is if someone tells the TRUTH and has PROOF, unfortunately most of these people are long gone.

+Quote Post
magda24
post May 9 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #39
The light descends from nowhere

Group Icon

As for the most evidence is found in soft tissue (unless she received blunt forced trauma to the skull or some other bone fracture) there's not much left to be found. of course, they could run tox tests but would they prove anything different than autopsy? I doubt it. If there was anything to find it should have been found during the post mortem. But the autopsy raport was not exhaustive.....I've seen many autopsy reports (I study criminalistics) and they were never that brief...

+Quote Post
marilynfanonline
post May 9 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

I not sure about what would be left of her. Was she embaled well? What would be left of a body after 45 years? Bones and hair I'm guessing?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 08:36 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.