Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyns Body To Be Exhumed?
Share |
pinup
post Apr 13 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #1
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I was reading in the official board a while ago that someone was trying to get a petition together for her body to be exhumed and test done to determine the real cause of death. Ive not heard anything since that though does anyone else know about it?? I dont know if its a good thing, I would LOVE to know the EXACT cause of death but i dont believe she should be disturbed, she should be left to rest in peace, can you imagine the paparatzzi frenzy if it did?? What does everyone else think? (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Katri^
post Apr 13 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #2
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I've heard and talked about this before, I just don't remember where did I hear about this... But I agree with you, I'd love to know the reason for her death, but I want her to rest in peace. No thanks for the scandal articles in magazines and so on... (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/no.gif) I don't want that for MM.

+Quote Post
dwane
post Apr 13 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #3
I'm trying so hard...

Group Icon

i have heard about this. i think we all want to know what really killed marilyn but i think they should leave her body alone. just let her rest in peace.

+Quote Post
pinup
post Apr 14 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #4
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

yes I agree i think it would be like a freak show if they did I can imagine the story on E! Entertainment!! I wonder what happened to the petition then? It must have been forgotten about

+Quote Post
Fav
post Apr 16 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #5
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

This may be to do with the John Miner 'tapes' in 2005.

http://www.cmgww.com/news/viewheadline.php?id=3510

+Quote Post
pinup
post Apr 16 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #6
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

Does anyone have the actual article they are talking about?? What did marilyn say when she saw hugh used the pictures?? Its werid that Hugh is talking about her and also has bought a grave next to her when they didnt even meet!

+Quote Post
Guest_jennie2000_*
post Apr 17 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #7

I believe her body is dead and her soul is somewhere else, so I am all for digging up her body to find out what really happened. If people really need to know, and apparantly they do, or there wouldn't be threads like this. I can not believe it haven't been done before actually, So what if it turns into a freak show? Her soul and her spirit isn't there. She won't hurt! She's gone to another place already! I am actually one of the few people in the world who believe the body of hers should be taken out of its crypt and be examined. I think there is a need for it. And come on, Hugh Hefner laying his dead body next to Marilyns?? She's already dead! She's not there anymore! So what if he lays his wrinkly old skin next to her already rotten one! Get real! She's gone!

+Quote Post
brandonheidrick
post Apr 17 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #8
Donian

Group Icon

The examinations should have been conducted properly in the first place, back in 1962. It wasn't. After all these years, it would be difficult to discover anything new. Even if something new was discovered, what good would it do now? It would remove the stigma of suicide or probable suicide, but what does that accomplish? Anyone else who may have been responsible is now gone. Personally, I feel it's all a matter of giving those that cared about her, or care about her peace of mind in knowing exactly what happened. But, I feel that exhuming her body in order to do so would probably disturb more people than it would relieve. Especially if nothing new was found. People have certain ideas and beliefs about burial, and many think that the dead should not be disturbed. I think my greatest fear in an exhumation would be someone snapping photos of her dead body and throwing them into every major tabloid ... which would be the ultimate disrespect. But hey, this is all just my opinion.

+Quote Post
Nancy
post Apr 17 2007, 01:55 AM
Post #9
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Not everybody sees it that way Molly.

I for one think she should be left alone.

+Quote Post
dwane
post Apr 17 2007, 01:57 AM
Post #10
I'm trying so hard...

Group Icon

they should just leave her body be. i believe that once someone is layed to rest it should be permanant, they shouldn't be disturbed. it would disturb me personally knowing that marilyn would be out of her final resting place.

This post has been edited by dwane: Apr 17 2007, 01:58 AM

+Quote Post
missmarilyn
post Apr 17 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #11
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I completely disagree and not for getting her body "exhumed". If I was dead, I wouldn't want people poking and proding at my mummified skin and making it a total freak show.

+Quote Post
Guest_jennie2000_*
post Apr 17 2007, 02:25 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(jemaniac @ Apr 17 2007, 01:55 AM) [snapback]131653[/snapback]
Not everybody sees it that way Molly.

I for one think she should be left alone.

Sorry if I offended anyone. That was what I thought. And I still think a dead body is just a dead body. I saw my grandmother when she had been dead for two weeks, and she wasn't there at all. And the funeral guys had done something horrible to her hair, but when she complained, she wasn't complaining from her body, I could hear her voice from somewhere above. I think a person only lends a body to use while on earth, the body is not the person. The soul/real person goes somewhere else, and if someone wants to poke around on "my" body when I'm dead, I wouldn't mind. I won't be there.

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Apr 17 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #13
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Marilyn gave HER LIFE when she was alive to us. She let us photograph her 24/7, follow her around, any privacy she had she gave to her public. I just think sometimes you have to give someone respect and show them that same respect even when they have passed away. I can understand if Marilyn had a close family member or sibling that wanted answers and went that route, but who are we to ask of something like this? Marilyn earned the right for eternal peace. And her body should be shown the same respect.

This post has been edited by meganmarilyn: Apr 17 2007, 09:37 AM

+Quote Post
Katri^
post Apr 17 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #14
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Well said Megan! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
meztisa
post Apr 17 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #15
team marilyn

Group Icon

I really wish that if Marilyn were to be appreciated today, she should be appreciated for her life, not her death. May she rest in peace. I don't think any one will ever know the real cause of her death.

+Quote Post
Marloes
post Apr 19 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #16
Silent Reverie

Group Icon

Of course I would like to know what happened to her, but to examine her body after such a long time, I don't know. Just leave it be I think.

+Quote Post
Katri^
post Apr 19 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #17
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I don't think there would be so much new to come if something would be done...

+Quote Post
Guest_jennie2000_*
post Apr 19 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #18

Oh come on people, her body has been dead for ages and her soul is in a happier place. Her gift was her body yes but see it for what it is now, rotting, if not already a sceleton. How many of you have actually really seen a dear one dead? Then you will know, their soul is no longer there. It isnt! It is gone where they were the happiest and that is that. If people caring about such things would like to know, then why not let them.
A dead body is a dead body, no matter what the title was on the toe when it was brought in.
I believe Marilyn/ Norma Jeane is in her happiest place right now (and none of us will never know where that is), and I don't think she really cares what people does to the body she leant to be here on earth.
Sorry (not) to the people here who are so superficial and shallow and believe that the body is so important, and do believe that Marilyn would in her death be so concerned about such issues as where her dead body ended up.I beleive she would be more concerned someone who loved her got in charge of it.
Dig the body up I say and quiten the ignorant, who always beleived she were a victim..

+Quote Post
meganmarilyn
post Apr 20 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #19
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

It depends on whose religious beliefs you have. The soul is connected to the body. Yes, Marilyn's soul may not be there anymore, but it is still her body. It is still the temple in which her soul once resided. If we don't show respect towards her body and just treat it as another piece of flesh that we can do with it as we please, what does that say about us? Once again, we don't have any right to touch her body or do as we please. We aren't a relative of hers. If we were somehow related to her, then we might have a right to say our views in the court system. But we don't. I myself think Marilyn took great pride for her body when she was alive. This isn't some jane doe, this is America's princess we are talking about, Marilyn Monroe. If her own fans don't have respect for her remains, who on earth will?

I guess we should just dig up Abraham Lincoln's body and parade his head at the circus, hey we can get top dollar for that! Some people see the human body as just a piece of meat on a packing line like below, not me....

QUOTE(jennie2000 @ Apr 19 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]131862[/snapback]
Oh come on people, her body has been dead for ages and her soul is in a happier place. Her gift was her body yes but see it for what it is now, rotting, if not already a sceleton. How many of you have actually really seen a dear one dead? Then you will know, their soul is no longer there. It isnt! It is gone where they were the happiest and that is that. If people caring about such things would like to know, then why not let them.
A dead body is a dead body, no matter what the title was on the toe when it was brought in.
I believe Marilyn/ Norma Jeane is in her happiest place right now (and none of us will never know where that is), and I don't think she really cares what people does to the body she leant to be here on earth.
Sorry (not) to the people here who are so superficial and shallow and believe that the body is so important, and do believe that Marilyn would in her death be so concerned about such issues as where her dead body ended up.I beleive she would be more concerned someone who loved her got in charge of it.
Dig the body up I say and quiten the ignorant, who always beleived she were a victim..

This post has been edited by meganmarilyn: Apr 20 2007, 03:58 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File meatpacking_5.jpg ( 25.14K )Number of downloads: 100

+Quote Post
marked77
post May 7 2007, 04:23 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

NO WAY

I SAW A MAN IN THE DOC MARILYN LIFE AFTER DEATH AND HE SAID HE HAD A SAMPLE OF MARILYNS HAIR HE TOOK OUT OF TRASH BIN AT HER AUTOPSY THEY COULD TEST THAT

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th November 2019 - 10:34 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.