Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest: please Log In.
Everlasting Star is now a private community which no longer accepts new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn: Private And Undisclosed, By Michelle Morgan
Share |
MichelleMorgan
post Jan 18 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #181
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Hello!

My publisher just emailed to say that they haven't sold the translation rights to my new book yet, though they are obviously eager to.

So if you live abroad and know a publisher who might like to translate my book, please could you get in touch with them to see if they'd be interested? I'd be very grateful and it would be in your interest too as it might mean the book being translated into your language. If you need any official info about the book just let me know.

Thanks so much!!

Love
Michelle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tara
post Apr 26 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #182
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

My review of the new edition...

http://forbookssake.net/2012/04/26/marilyn...ichelle-morgan/

+Quote Post
Tara
post May 6 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #183
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

UK readers can buy now at WH Smith, it's already at No 17 in their bestseller chart. Go Michelle!

+Quote Post
MichelleMorgan
post May 16 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #184
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

I am very happy to say that my new book, 'Marilyn Monroe: Private and Undisclosed' is going down very well with readers and reviewers alike. The official publication date for the UK is tomorrow (17th May) but it has been on sale for a few weeks now and has hit the bestseller charts too, much to my joy!

If you'd like to find out more about the book, along with media appearances etc, please check out my blog: www.michelle-morgan.blogspot.com

It is available to buy now from Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marilyn-Monroe-Pri...5249&sr=8-1

And available to pre-order from Amazon USA (under the title Marilyn Monroe: Private and Confidential):

http://www.amazon.com/Marilyn-Monroe-Confi...mp;sr=8-1-spell

+Quote Post
suusmarie
post May 17 2012, 01:40 AM
Post #185
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I am very happy for you Michelle, you deserve such praise for your book(s) (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

+Quote Post
MichelleMorgan
post Jun 25 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #186
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Here is the most amazing review for my book, from my friend and fellow Marilyn author, Roger Taylor. Roger's was the third Marilyn book I ever bought and to think that he has now read and reviewed mine, is mind-blowing. Here it is:

"I have just finished reading the most extraordinary book, Marilyn Monroe, Private and Undisclosed by Michelle Morgan. For any fan or admirer of MM this book is a must, as for the first time you get to meet the real woman, not just the clichéd sex symbol. This book had me wide eyed at some of the facts that I had never known before, I felt like I was reading about a completely different woman, one I had never met before. I started researching Marilyn many years ago(early 1980's) for my first book, Marilyn On Marilyn and felt that over the years, with all the further reading of the plethora of biographies that have been published, I had a 'handle' on the woman that was Norma Jeane/Marilyn Monroe. But this book has made me realise how little I really knew.

Of course all the major landmarks of MM's life are here in full detail but it is the lesser known details of her life that make this book so fascinating. Day to day events bring her to life in a startling way. For the first time I now understand Marilyn's progression through the movie industry from starlet to major star, revealing stints in live theatre. Her childhood too takes on a new light as caring and loving foster families and relatives are revealed. Michelle's research has brought her into contact with Marilyn's friends and family, more casual friends and acquaintances and work colleagues, their thoughts and opinions concerning Monroe give us a rounded portrait of a sensitive and caring woman who also craved attention, admiration and acceptance.

Also revealed are some character traits that a lot of Marilyn fans may not want to acknowledge but it is this honesty that makes the book so revealing, truthful and valuable. Rather than alienating the Monroe fan, it is these traits related honestly and factually that make you understand and admire her struggles so much more. If you have not bought and read this book already I absolutely urge you to. It is so good I want to read it again, I want to digest all this new information even more, and I am going to. Michelle, Marilyn Monroe would be so proud and happy to have had her story told so honestly and lovingly. Thank you from myself and, I am sure, a myriad of MM fans worldwide....."

+Quote Post
ronaldo
post Jun 26 2012, 03:30 AM
Post #187
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Congrats Michelle! Will you believe that Roger's book was the third book I owned as well!? Isn't that amazing?
Anyway, what a wonderful review. But I am not surprised since I loved your first book. I am still waiting for your new book to arrive which could be any day now. I can't wait.

+Quote Post
timetravelangel
post Jun 26 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #188
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

I enjoyed the first book so I bought the new one from Amazon on Kindle for PC, £4.95. I'm really enjoying it. Well done Michelle! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif)

+Quote Post
Tara
post Jun 27 2012, 04:09 PM
Post #189
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

QUOTE(timetravelangel @ Jun 26 2012, 06:28 PM) *
I enjoyed the first book so I bought the new one from Amazon on Kindle for PC, £4.95. I'm really enjoying it. Well done Michelle! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif)

I'm so glad you have it and look forward to hearing your thoughts. IMO, this book is even better than the first one and would now be my top recommendation as a biography of MM.

+Quote Post
Paju
post Jun 28 2012, 07:10 AM
Post #190
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Maybe this would be a good place to ask... Michelle, have you received the emails I've sent you? I've sent a couple, first when you mentioned the second edition (because I thought I might be able to help) and the latest was sometime this spring, I think (about writing a MM book). I never got any answer to them and I don't know what to think.

I saw the new edition of the book in a bookstore, looks good (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

+Quote Post
MichelleMorgan
post Jun 29 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #191
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

How strange! I normally answer my emails straight away, so maybe it went to a different address.Or did you send them to me on here? One of my profiles - Marilyn Lives Society - I don't have access to any more because I lost the password, so maybe it went to that.I will have a look at the mails on this profile and see if it is there and I just didn't notice it. I will reply when I find out! :-)I just found one of the messages. I don't know how it was overlooked (maybe because I don't have chance to come here very often) but I'll reply to your email address now.M

+Quote Post
Paju
post Jun 29 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #192
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

Thanks, I received you e-mail and have sent a reply (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

Btw, do you have any new information regarding the possible Finnish translation of your new book?

+Quote Post
MichelleMorgan
post Jun 29 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #193
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

No, there is no news on that yet. We have sold the rights to Bulgaria, but so far that's the only translation rights we've done. I will let you know as soon as I hear any more news! xx

+Quote Post
zeldazonk1926
post Jul 13 2012, 02:38 AM
Post #194
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

I don't know if this was mentioned but there was a mistake (I haven't gotten to reading the book yet ...soon! I hope though), in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes the millionaire was Tommy Noonan not George Noonan, maybe he was mistaken for George Winslow who was the little boy.

+Quote Post
MichelleMorgan
post Jul 13 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #195
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

Hi

Thanks for pointing that out. I've just looked through my manuscript and I wrote Tommy Noonan in there, so it must have somehow been changed by mistake in the editing process. I have no idea how these things happen, but they do sometimes. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I hope you will enjoy the book.

Best
Michelle

+Quote Post
MarilynIloveU
post Jul 24 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #196
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

I'm reading this right now, I really love it. It sugar coats slightly but really other than that it's perfect and very addictive.

+Quote Post
MichelleMorgan
post Jul 29 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #197
Marilyn nut

Group Icon

The Kindle version of my book is on sale for a limited time at just over a pound for UK/Europe and just over a dollar for USA. What a bargain! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

You can order it here for UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marilyn-Monroe-Pri...8624&sr=8-2

And here for US:
http://www.amazon.com/Marilyn-Monroe-Priva...and+undisclosed

Love
Michelle

+Quote Post
Margherita
post Jul 29 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #198
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I'm also happy that this unique book has received more notion around and among other Marilyn-authors, it certainly deserves; personally I've yet only read the first edition, must try to get the second one -

I'm sure anybody who reads this book or the first edition will be amazed, of the real woman they meet. And general feeling and bits and parts of Marilyn's life "The private and undisclosed" manages to show, is so human and somehow harmonious, it's like it digs up actually the best in her - not always necessarily the most dramatic or glamorous, but everydayish in a way that is seldom told, because so few have bothered.

I bought Roger Taylor's "Marilyn in Art" in mid- eighties, an interesting book on paintings and drawings of her.

+Quote Post
Tara
post Jul 29 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #199
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

QUOTE(Ultraviolet @ Jul 29 2012, 05:50 PM) *
I'm also happy that this unique book has received more notion around and among other Marilyn-authors, it certainly deserves; personally I've yet only read the first edition, must try to get the second one -

I'm sure anybody who reads this book or the first edition will be amazed, of the real woman they meet. And general feeling and bits and parts of Marilyn's life "The private and undisclosed" manages to show, is so human and somehow harmonious, it's like it digs up actually the best in her - not always necessarily the most dramatic or glamorous, but everydayish in a way that is seldom told, because so few have bothered.

I can definitely recommend this new edition, there is considerably more text than the first one but it is all of the same high standard - showing the real, human Marilyn as few others have done.

+Quote Post
Tiina
post Jul 31 2012, 01:32 AM
Post #200
Ihana, ihanampi, Marilyn.

Group Icon

I love the new edition of Private And Undisclosed because it's well-researched, detailed and interesting. In my opinion it is the best biography on Marilyn. Well done, Michelle! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2016 - 04:34 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.