Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marilyn And Mediums, mediums, psychics, etc.
Share |
magg0rz
post Jan 6 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

I'm interested in paranormal things and was wondering if Marilyn ever visited a psychic or if any psychics attempted speaking to her ghost after she died. I've heard about a couple of scams that involved her, but are there any actual meetings that might explain what happened to her in her final hours?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
missmarilyn
post Jan 6 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #2
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

I'm not sure. Nor have I ever heard of mediums involved with Marilyn after/before her death.

+Quote Post
Robby
post Jan 6 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #3
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I know she visited a physic around 1953, but what he predicted I'm not sure, something totally wrong, I heard.

+Quote Post
Nancy
post Jan 6 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #4
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Interesting topic. I don't have any answers either, but would love to learn more about it.

+Quote Post
Paju
post Jan 6 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #5
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

QUOTE(Robby @ Jan 6 2007, 01:53 AM) [snapback]123851[/snapback]
I know she visited a physic around 1953, but what he predicted I'm not sure, something totally wrong, I heard.

I think the psychic predicted that she would have several children and what else, anyways something totally wrong like you said (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes1.gif) (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif)
After she died, four mediums wrote a book about how they tried and successed in talking to Marilyn's spirit. The book is full of [insert a naughty word here].

+Quote Post
Katri^
post Jan 6 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #6
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Why would someone even want to write a book about something like that? (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/eyebrow.gif) Really weird. Well, psychics... (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
But this is an interesting topic! (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) I haven't ever heard that Marilyn visited a psychic, or that mediums' book...

+Quote Post
ziggy
post Jan 6 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #7
Mr. Queen Bee

Group Icon

QUOTE(Katri^ @ Jan 6 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]123929[/snapback]
Why would someone even want to write a book about something like that?

How about money?

Anyway, I don't think she believed in psychics. She was rather down-to-Earth, not being heavily religious either. Also, if it's true that she said she wouldn't feed her future kids with stories about the Santa Claus and that kind of bogus, it seems likely she was sceptical when it comes to any of that stuff.

+Quote Post
mermaid
post Jan 7 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

I think she probably was interested in mediums and things of that nature! I guess we'll never know for sure!

+Quote Post
Katri^
post Jan 7 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #9
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

How about money?

Yes, I know (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes1.gif) You can just see that people have no respect for Marilyn. And a big part of MM- books are written because of money, and people really buy those books. (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/no.gif)

+Quote Post
Vicoria Hoffman ...
post Sep 5 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #10
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

I remember watching a programme almost 20 years ago where a well known British medium was being interviewed. I dont remember the name of the show but the medium was called Stephen O'Brien.

He said he had been in contact with Marilyn before (but it wasnt shown on the programme) and what I do remember was he said she was very angry about people making money for themselves out of her name and she wanted money to go to childrens homes.

Does anyone else from the UK remember seeing this? I know a few mediums claim to have contacted her over the years but I think what 'Marilyn' said about the childrens homes was probably most likely to be what she would say if it was true.

+Quote Post
Alanma
post Sep 5 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #11
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I really cannot imagine Marilyn having any interest in Mediums or any other clowns from the Psychic circus show, other than perhaps a visit to some fortune-teller out of curiosity and a giggle afterwards.
Most folk have done that at some time or other, if only to fill in a rainy ten minutes at the Fairground.
The nearest Marilyn got to it was her attraction to Freudian analysis, a cult then fashionable amongst the intellectually curious.

+Quote Post
Dano
post Sep 5 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #12
Norma Jeane wants to be a movie star

Group Icon

Marilyn talked with a " wizard " named Hassan in Beverly Hills Hotel who said her she was an " excellent sailor " and she would have two children. Marilyn joked about it saying she felt seasickness to see the see.Sorry, see the SEA! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File Picture_1.jpg ( 52.16K )Number of downloads: 40

+Quote Post
pinup
post Sep 5 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #13
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

wow i didnt know she talked with a wizard!!

Im not sure if she believed in mediums and things like that??

The only things I have seen with mediums trying to contact her are on a show called 'Dead Famous' and I have heard a couple of EVPS of her voice. One from the Roosevelt and one from Cal-Neva. The one in the Roosevelt is the stangest to me because I think it really does sound like her. Then again they could all be fakes. I have posted the links below if anyone is interested (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

EVP from Cal-neva

Article here:

http://evprecording.blogspot.com/2004/12/e...ng-marilyn.html

Actual recording here:

http://aaevp.com/examples/examples_voice1.htm#Lisa%20Butler

EVP at the Roosevelt- if you go to 1:52 the woman filming says 'its a little dark so im going to turn that light on' you hear 'help me' in a low whisper at about 1:54 the quality of the video isnt that good so i had to turn my speakers up full

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwWAaqILDQI...feature=related

+Quote Post
CYRILPARIS
post Sep 10 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #14
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Original vintage 1954 MARILYN MONROE gelatin silver photograph of her taken her having her palm read by fortune teller HASSAN. The photograph DAVE CICERO is an INTERNATIONAL NEWS PHOTO distributed by KING FEATURES (see their credit stamps on verso).
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/MARILYN-MONROE-ORIG...ht_17406wt_1315

This post has been edited by CYRILPARIS: Sep 10 2013, 01:42 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File MONROE__MARILYN___1954_FORTUNE_TELLER_HASSAN991_1_.jpg ( 147.32K )Number of downloads: 23
Attached File MONROE__MARILYN___1954_FORTUNE_TELLER_HASSAN993_1_.jpg ( 261.66K )Number of downloads: 24
Attached File MONROE__MARILYN___1954_FORTUNE_TELLER_HASSAN992_1_.jpg ( 120.62K )Number of downloads: 16

+Quote Post
Eva
post Sep 10 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #15
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

I have a friend who does palm readings and Tarot, she is also part of s spiritual group that has done a few seances and once tried to contact Marilyn, interestingly through the sitting everyone could sense a presence near them and the room was very cold with s sweet smell of perfume similar to what Marilyn used.

I had looked on a psychic forum recently to see if anyone had been in contact with her, but instead i came across this image that looks like
Marilyn - the High Priestess its from a Tarot deck.

Attached File high_priest_Tarot.png ( 91.69K )Number of downloads: 76

+Quote Post
Alanma
post Sep 10 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #16
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

I can't remember the title, but did not some Canadian woman folk-singer publish a book a few years claiming to be the "true" reincarnation of Marilyn?

+Quote Post
mare
post Sep 10 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #17
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(Alanma @ Sep 10 2013, 04:40 PM) *
I can't remember the title, but did not some Canadian woman folk-singer publish a book a few years claiming to be the "true" reincarnation of Marilyn?

You're right, Alan. So many women wish they were Marilyn and imitate her as we know. The men all say they have slept with her. Aye.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAC3r81cVLU

AND:

Canadian rocker claims to be Marilyn Monroe reincarnated

She was 12, insists Sherrie Lea Laird, when she suddenly realized she was the reincarnated Marilyn Monroe.
By CanWest News Service August 3, 2006

She was 12, insists Sherrie Lea Laird, when she suddenly realized she was the reincarnated Marilyn Monroe.
“I remember that vividly,” says Laird, recalling a flash of recognition when her aunt began singing Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend. “This has been a long time coming. It’s not a novelty thing.”

The 43-year-old singer from Toronto is on the phone from a gas station in Las Vegas, en route to a scheduled Friday book launch in Hollywood that — hello, Oprah — has already prompted a 2,000-word, photo-filled splash about Laird’s claims in Wednesday’s Los Angeles Times.

“I’m not crazy, and anybody who knows me will tell you that,” says Laird, lead singer of a Canadian rock band called Pandamonia, which performed a Canada Day gig in Ottawa last month.

“I know some people will say I’m doing this for the band. If that was true, I would have done it 10 or 20 years ago. This could ruin my career.”

Laird’s story is being told by her California psychiatrist Adrian Finkelstein, author of Marilyn Monroe Returns: The Healing of a Soul. The book, officially released on Friday but already available through amazon.com, is Finkelstein’s defence of the controversial therapy known as “past life regression” and a detailed account of his Canadian patient’s discovery of her previous existence as the Hollywood icon.

The L.A. Times article concedes that “many will find the claim outlandish,” but lists Finkelstein’s considerable credentials — including an association with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — and quotes the doctor as saying: “In science, and I’m a scientist, we end up believing in what we prove scientifically. I established through research that Sherrie Lea Laird is the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe.”

Cue the talk-show invites and the tabloid photographers, who are likely to show up en masse at the book launch and when Laird visits Monroe’s crypt at a Los Angeles cemetery on Saturday, the 44th anniversary of the star’s death on Aug. 5, 1962.

The 36-year-old actress is believed to have died of a drug overdose, but the public’s enduring fascination with her has spawned countless theories about Monroe being murdered, perhaps because of mob connections or her alleged love affair with then-U.S. president John F. Kennedy.

Laird was born in Scotland in 1963 and emigrated to Canada when she was about six.

Finkelstein’s book describes hypnosis sessions in which Laird — supposedly speaking as Monroe — discusses trysts with Kennedy and his brother Robert, but lays to rest any conspiracy theories about her death.

Last fall, during a therapy session in Toronto that Finkelstein recounts in his book, the hypnotized Laird was apparently asked about the night Monroe died.

“Was it an accident, or were you murdered in this life as Marilyn?” the doctor prompts. “And, if so, by whom?”

By me,” Laird is said to have replied. “I’m not murdered.”

Laird told CanWest News Service on Wednesday that she was “shocked” by the huge Times story, which also ran in several other U.S. newspapers. She said she’s bracing for a flood of media calls after Friday’s book launch.

Laird admitted she was somewhat annoyed at the number of personal details Finkelstein reveals about her in the book — particularly her true age.

“I like people thinking I’m in my twenties,” said Laird, who will receive a percentage of the book’s profits. “I lie about that all the time.”

This post has been edited by mare: Sep 10 2013, 10:08 PM

+Quote Post
zeldazonk61
post Sep 11 2013, 01:46 AM
Post #18
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

Marilyn was interested in astrology and birth sign charts-that has been well documented in almost all the Marilyn biographies. Susan Strasberg discusses it in her book- Marilyn and Me. In Lois Banner's most recent biography-The Passion and the Paradox, Banner discusses Marilyn's interest in Ancient mystic religions and spiritualist discussion.

I don't see why she wouldn't be interested, unfortunately most people are close minded when it comes to spirituality, but judging from her interest in mystic religions and astrology I think she would have had some level of interest. Also in Timebends by Arthur Miller, he writes that his Mother was heavily into psychics and spirituality etc. so perhaps Marilyn was also exposed to it through her.

This post has been edited by zeldazonk61: Sep 11 2013, 01:47 AM

+Quote Post
a monroeist
post Sep 11 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #19
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(Eva @ Sep 10 2013, 05:34 PM) *
the room was very cold

cold? then most certainly the presence was not of M (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Eva
post Sep 11 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #20
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(a monroeist @ Sep 11 2013, 09:52 AM) *

It could of been just a cold room lol, but i do like to think Marilyn is in spirit world
and she can see how her legend still lives on after so many years.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2021 - 02:32 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.