Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wish List, post yours!
Share |
Paju
post Dec 10 2013, 08:21 AM
Post #61
♥ Appleblossom ♥

Group Icon

I did some pretty heavy editing on my wish list and now it only has six books (plus two that haven't been published yet). Those six are the ones that interest me most at the moment, see first page and very first post for my new wish list (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blondealways
post Jan 31 2017, 04:24 AM
Post #62
Marilyn Fan For Life!

Group Icon

QUOTE(blondealways @ May 15 2009, 04:11 AM) *
I'm sure i'll change it as time goes on but these are the only books that i really really really want!

The Last Complete Sitting
&
Marilyn Monroe-The Life, the Myth
&
The Christies Catalog

Update: I now own them all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
melslovepotion
post Jul 9 2018, 06:45 AM
Post #63
Super admirer

Group Icon

I will be going through my Marilyn stuff (mostly books) soon. Im thinking about selling them but only want them to go to a loving Marilyn fan, thats why I am talking about it here. I currently live in AZ in the US. I would prefer if someone can swing down who lives in AZ and pick them up because I dont want to pay for shipping. Or if I sell them individually maybe I can ship them within the US. If anyone is interested let me know, if so, I will list out all the books Im willing to part with here.

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Jul 19 2018, 10:28 PM
Post #64
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Hi Mel, I'd love some MM books - the soft cover ones with lots and lots of pix - especially DeDienes and some others that I can't think of. I live in Hawaii though.
I think you should list them here because as you said, they should go to someone who loves MM.

+Quote Post
Kevin
post Jul 20 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #65
Norma Jeane Fanatic

Group Icon

QUOTE(melslovepotion @ Jul 9 2018, 01:45 AM) *
I will be going through my Marilyn stuff (mostly books) soon. Im thinking about selling them but only want them to go to a loving Marilyn fan, thats why I am talking about it here. I currently live in AZ in the US. I would prefer if someone can swing down who lives in AZ and pick them up because I dont want to pay for shipping. Or if I sell them individually maybe I can ship them within the US. If anyone is interested let me know, if so, I will list out all the books Im willing to part with here.

Sounds good, I'm very interested in this list. Please by all mean show us, I'm very curious and interested.

Thank you so much.

Kev

+Quote Post
melslovepotion
post Jul 28 2018, 06:46 AM
Post #66
Super admirer

Group Icon

LIST BELOW

This post has been edited by melslovepotion: Jul 29 2018, 01:54 AM

+Quote Post
melslovepotion
post Jul 29 2018, 01:51 AM
Post #67
Super admirer

Group Icon

Ok, here is the list I have so far. There might be more in the future pending me leafing through more. I want to be selective with the ones I do have hence me getting rid of some of these I don't think I should hold on to. So there maybe more added later on as I dive deeper into looking at them. All books are used and have wear and tear, but all are readable. I dont know the S & H that will be pending on the book ordered. I will combined shipping. Paypal only.

DIARY OF A LOVER OF MARILYN MONROE - BY Hans Jorgen Lembourn // HARDCOVER $5.00
I REMEMBER MARILYN - BY Peter Collins // HARDCOVER $5.00
MARILYNS MEN - BY JANE ELLEN WAYNE // HARDCOVER $7.00
MARILYN MONROE IN THE MOVIES - BY Timothy Knight (This one has a DVD documentary in it) // HARDCOVER $15.00
MARILYN MONROE A LIFE ON FILM - BY David Robinson and John Kobal // HARDCOVER (Damage to cover and dust jacket Discounted Price - Inside is not damaged) $8.00
MARILYN A LIFE IN PICTURES - BY DIANA KARANIKAS HARVEY // SOFTCOVER $9.00 SOLD
THE ULTIMATE MARILYN - BY Ernest W. Cunnigham // SOFTCOVER $5.00 SOLD

** I also want to sell a digital playboy set. Its a digital copy (on disc) of all the playboy magazines in the 1950s, each page, front to back. And includes a digital copy and physical replica of the first playboy with Marilyn on the cover. If you want more playboy stuff I also have a 50 years of playboy hardcover book as well as a vintage playboy joke book (which has some wear on it but readable) which I can include. All have been used but not abused! I just have no use for it, I already have the issues with Marilyn on the cover that I want. So I can part with these (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) I'll sell the PLAYBOY stuff as a set for $45.00

This post has been edited by melslovepotion: Aug 8 2018, 05:04 AM

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Jul 29 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #68
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Hi Mel, thanks for posting the list. The 2 soft cover ones sound awesome. Are there lots of pictures in them? I prefer soft cover books. Do they lie flat when opened? Also, you didn't include prices or payment method. Hopefully you have paypal.

Update: My 3 books arrived safely along with a lovely card with note from Mel.
The books are great though they don't have any new pix in them. They are wonderful additions to my MM collection. I have mostly kindle books and now 4 soft cover and 2 hard cover ones to go with them.

Marilyn: A Life in Pictures is very pretty with big pages and a nice typeset. There are several full page photos in it.

The Ultimate Marilyn is a smaller book in terms of page size. It has a lot of information and also Marilyn quizzes.

Movie Icons Monroe Taschen is a small hard cover book and the pages are glossy heavy paper...lots of nice pix non-English text.

Any of these books would be great for your MM library.

Thanks again Mel (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) I ended up having the iced mocha coffee and the chilled water.

This post has been edited by JC 96816: Aug 10 2018, 01:57 AM

+Quote Post
melslovepotion
post Jul 30 2018, 02:48 AM
Post #69
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(JC 96816 @ Jul 29 2018, 07:41 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Hi Mel, thanks for posting the list. The 2 soft cover ones sound awesome. Are there lots of pictures in them? I prefer soft cover books. Do they lie flat when opened? Also, you didn't include prices or payment method. Hopefully you have paypal.

Hey! One softcover book is large and is a picture book Marilyn a Life in Pictures. The other is a reference book that has pictures in it The Ultimate Marilyn. I did think of you going through one book that I didn't post. Its a hardcover book but its nothing but pictures and the size of the book is small for it being a picture book so its handy. Let me know if your interested in it. Usually soft cover picture books don't lie flat when opened, hardcover usually does. Marilyn Monroe in the Movies has a lot of pictures from her movies but is not a picture book necessarily. Marilyn a Life in Pictures that I mentioned earlier is a picture book but its quite large size wise. I will work on the prices (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif) Yes paypal payments only! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif)

This post has been edited by melslovepotion: Jul 30 2018, 03:11 AM

+Quote Post
melslovepotion
post Jul 30 2018, 03:15 AM
Post #70
Super admirer

Group Icon

I have about 7 more books that I have to read quickly through to determine if I still want them or not. So I will come back and update the list.

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Jul 30 2018, 11:41 PM
Post #71
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Hi Mel, the small book sounds good though it's hard cover...Really like picture books the best...Please forgive the delay in replying, my laptop died and I am struggling away on my XP netbook so things take longer and internet is totally slow or off here. A lot of the time when I am on the forum the most current posts are not showing up as well. I don't know why that happens.

ps: also: I am still looking for that article which I think is a 1962 Movie Stars or Movie Life - it has about 8 or 10 pix MM with Jack Lord during their actor's studio days in 1955. A good scan would be sufficient as I am making my collections digital.

This post has been edited by JC 96816: Jul 30 2018, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
melslovepotion
post Aug 5 2018, 12:37 AM
Post #72
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(JC 96816 @ Jul 30 2018, 11:41 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Hi Mel, the small book sounds good though it's hard cover...Really like picture books the best...Please forgive the delay in replying, my laptop died and I am struggling away on my XP netbook so things take longer and internet is totally slow or off here. A lot of the time when I am on the forum the most current posts are not showing up as well. I don't know why that happens.

ps: also: I am still looking for that article which I think is a 1962 Movie Stars or Movie Life - it has about 8 or 10 pix MM with Jack Lord during their actor's studio days in 1955. A good scan would be sufficient as I am making my collections digital.

Oh don't worry about replying fast! Things happen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif) So the book I have here (that I mentioned earlier) is called MOVIE ICONS MONROE BY TASCHEN $6.00

Just let me know if this is something you want. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Aug 5 2018, 03:49 AM
Post #73
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Hi Mel,

Today must be book day because I bought Kindle books...lol

I'd like these from your list:

MARILYN A LIFE IN PICTURES - BY DIANA KARANIKAS HARVEY // SOFTCOVER $9.00
THE ULTIMATE MARILYN - BY Ernest W. Cunnigham // SOFTCOVER $5.00
MOVIE ICONS MONROE BY TASCHEN $6.00

what about the postage?

You can send them regular mail...
I'd also like to have a signature confirmation so it comes right to my door and I have to sign for it.
I think that's $3 at least it was...it may be free now...haven't bought anything through the mail in a while.

please send me a pm with your paypal info and I can send you my address etc.

I just sent you a pm with my info on it...

thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

This post has been edited by JC 96816: Aug 5 2018, 07:10 PM

+Quote Post
melslovepotion
post Aug 5 2018, 11:01 AM
Post #74
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(JC 96816 @ Aug 5 2018, 03:49 AM) *
Hi Mel, Today must be book day because I bought Kindle books...lolI'd like these from your list:MARILYN A LIFE IN PICTURES - BY DIANA KARANIKAS HARVEY // SOFTCOVER $9.00THE ULTIMATE MARILYN - BY Ernest W. Cunnigham // SOFTCOVER $5.00MOVIE ICONS MONROE BY TASCHEN $6.00what about the postage?You can send them regular mail...I'd also like to have a signature confirmation so it comes right to my door and I have to sign for it.I think that's $3 at least it was...it may be free now...haven't bought anything through the mail in a while.please send me a pm with your paypal info and I can send you my address etc.thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)
yay! I just PMed you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif) I just noticed the Marilyn a Life in Pictures softcover stays open when you lay it flat!

+Quote Post
JC 96816
post Aug 5 2018, 06:54 PM
Post #75
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif) Thanks Mel, that is good...I am concerned about that because when I get a book I scan my favorite stuff to save wear and tear on the book. I love soft cover books especially those with lots of pix. I wish I had the DeDienes ones and that Metamorphosis was soft cover...can't think of anymore but I hope these books of yours have pix that are new to me...I notice books tend to print the same pix over and over.

I will pm you my email etc so you know where to send the paypal invoice.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2018 - 02:59 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.