Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> National Film Theatre - London, Uk, Marilyn Monroe film screenings
Share |
Fav
post Aug 24 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #1
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Not too sure where to put this one so placing it here.

All About Eve is going to be screened at the National Film Theatre on London's southbank this coming week. Screenings are:

FRIDAY 25 AUGUST - 5.50 NFT1 All About Eve
SUNDAY 27 AUGUST - 5.50 NFT1 All About Eve
TUESDAY 29 AUGUST - 8.20 NFT1 All About Eve

Full listingsand info can be found here: http://www.bfi.org.uk/incinemas/nft/whatson
Tickets for AAE can be booked online here: http://www.bfi.org.uk/incinemas/nft/film/6768

I'll keep an eye on the NFT and post if I see more MM movies due to be screened in future (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/fool.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tara
post Aug 24 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #2
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

Oh, I wish I could go! I've only seen SLIH on a big screen, and would love to see an MM film festival. Thanks Fav, perhaps we could post other MM cinema screenings here too.

+Quote Post
Fav
post Aug 25 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #3
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Yep Tara. Will keep an eye out for any more (IMG:http://www.everlasting-star.net/boards/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
Fav
post Oct 27 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #4
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

The Asphalt Jungle is going to be screening at the NFT in London as part of a John Huston season. No Misfits though. Screenings will run from 3rd November to the 15th November. Please see here for times and details: http://www.bfi.org.uk/incinemas/nft/film/6965

+Quote Post
Fav
post Dec 4 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #5
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

The Misfits screening at the NFT London in December 2006:

Huston directs a once-in-a-lifetime cast - Marilyn Monroe, Montgomery Clift, and a magnificent Clark Gable - in a haunting tale of despair and salvation.
NFT1 8.45PM Sat 2 Dec
NFT3 5.50PM Thu 7 Dec
NFT2 3.50PM Sun 10 Dec
NFT2 8.30PM Wed 13 Dec
NFT2 6.00PM Wed 27 Dec

http://www.bfi.org.uk/incinemas/nft/film/7037

+Quote Post
Fav
post Oct 21 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #6
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

All About Eve, NFT, 30th November:

Fri 30 Nov 2.30PM NFT3
Fri 30 Nov 5.40PM NFT1
Fri 30 Nov 8.20PM NFT1

All About Eve

Fasten your seat belts - it's going to be a bumpy night!' Actress Margo Channing's much-quoted warning to her guests at a ritzy soir_e is typical of Joseph L Mankiewicz's wonderfully acerbic dialogue as he depicts rivalry, ambition, envy, deceit and betrayal within New York's theatrical community. Bette Davis gives one of her greatest performances as Margo, the fortysomething diva who comes to regret hiring as her assistant young Eve (Anne Baxter), an apparently adoring fan whose modest demeanour barely conceals a ruthless desire to take her own place in the Broadway pantheon. Chronicling Eve's rise to fame in flashback, narrator and lecherous theatre critic Addison De Witt (George Sanders at his most memorably cynical) recalls with amusement the misery and confusion the ingenue causes among Margo's set, superbly played by Celeste Holm, Gary Merrill, Thelma Ritter and - briefly but unforgettably, as a 'graduate of the Copacabana school of acting' - Marilyn Monroe. A cool, caustic contemplation of the inability of some stage folk to distinguish between performance and reality (even in their own behaviour), this is Hollywood at its most psychologically sophisticated, satirically astute and downright entertaining.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/southbank/film/8119

+Quote Post
Fav
post Feb 8 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #7
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Showing at the NFT on the big screen in London:

Sun 2 Mar 20:30 NFT3
Mon 3 Mar 18:00 NFT3

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/gentlemen_prefer_blondes

What difficult times to get there for! Argh!

+Quote Post
Bobby
post Feb 8 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #8
That smile...

Group Icon

Thank you for posting these. I'm now in the midst of attempting to plan a rare excursion down to the capital to view the Sunday showing. It'll take a lot of planning though. Fingers crossed.

+Quote Post
Fav
post Feb 9 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #9
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

QUOTE(Bobby @ Feb 8 2008, 07:29 PM) *
Thank you for posting these. I'm now in the midst of attempting to plan a rare excursion down to the capital to view the Sunday showing. It'll take a lot of planning though. Fingers crossed.

Good luck with that Bobby. Let us know if you make it! I'm totally gutted I missed a big screen screening of The Prince and the Showgirl there last year. I would have moved heaven and earth to have got there for that one if I'd known before it passed.

+Quote Post
Bobby
post Feb 18 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #10
That smile...

Group Icon

Seeing TPATS up on the big screen would have been magical! Perhaps one day they'll show it again. One can dream.

I booked my tickets to watch GPB this afternoon. The travel and accommodation are also sorted and it's fair to say I'm excited.

Thanks so much for pointing this out Fav; I'd have never known about it otherwise.

+Quote Post
Fav
post Feb 19 2008, 07:30 PM
Post #11
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Aww what excellent news. Well, I always keep an eye out to see what is on there and post here if I see it. Have a fabulous time and report back when you've seen it!

+Quote Post
Bobby
post Feb 26 2008, 11:14 PM
Post #12
That smile...

Group Icon

Incidentally, is anyone else from ES planning on going along to watch GPB this weekend? Don't worry, I'm not suggesting a joyous union of members (!), I was just curious.

+Quote Post
Fav
post Feb 26 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #13
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Lol I would love to but the times are a nightmare. I would most likely not be able to get home on the Sunday and have work the following day so wouldn't be able to get there. Hope you have a fab time though. Will be interesting to hear your feedback on it and how it feels to see Marilyn on the big screen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/diamondsdancing.gif)

+Quote Post
Bobby
post Feb 27 2008, 06:50 PM
Post #14
That smile...

Group Icon

QUOTE(Fav @ Feb 26 2008, 10:17 PM) *
Lol I would love to but the times are a nightmare. I would most likely not be able to get home on the Sunday and have work the following day so wouldn't be able to get there. Hope you have a fab time though. Will be interesting to hear your feedback on it and how it feels to see Marilyn on the big screen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/diamondsdancing.gif)

Thanks! My level of excitement is ridiculously high. I saw All About Eve at my local theatre but of course, Marilyn's part is a small one. To see her up there in such a prolonged - and hilarious - role will be magical. After watching the DAAGBF sequence on DVD at home, I often find myself spontaneously applauding...I may have to kerb such outbursts on Sunday. I'm sooo looking forward to it though!

+Quote Post
Bobby
post Mar 3 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #15
That smile...

Group Icon

I had an amazing time last night watching the picture at BFI. It was incredible to see Marilyn up there and also to be surrounded by fellow fans - almost moving in fact. One of the best weekends ever.

So enjoyable was it, that I'm going back tonight for the second and final showing! I missed the coach home this morning so I'm down in London for another 24 hours and couldn't resist. I'm sure many of you would have done the same thing! Can't wait (again) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jumpymm.gif)

+Quote Post
Fav
post Mar 3 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #16
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Aww so glad you enjoyed it. Good for you seeing the second showing which should be on right about now while I am writing. I see you accessed an Internet connection in London to share your joy lol. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/balloon.gif)

+Quote Post
Bobby
post Mar 3 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #17
That smile...

Group Icon

QUOTE(Fav @ Mar 3 2008, 05:58 PM) *
Aww so glad you enjoyed it. Good for you seeing the second showing which should be on right about now while I am writing. I see you accessed an Internet connection in London to share your joy lol. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/balloon.gif)

I sure did!

Thanks to you again for pointing out the original showing, Fav. I had a wonderful time and wouldn't have known about without your post. Thank you ever so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) A lovely time was had by all.

+Quote Post
Fav
post Mar 4 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #18
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

You're welcome Bobby. I'm glad you had such a good time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Fav
post Mar 12 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #19
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Some Like It Hot

Wed 23 April
18:30

Wilder's classic Prohibition-set comedy features the wondrous Curtis-Lemmon double act as struggling musicians who, on the run from a Chicago gang, take refuge in an all-girl band. Unsurprisingly they fall hard for the group's vocalist Sugar Kane Kowalczyk, played by Monroe in her Golden Globe-winning prime.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southban...ome_like_it_hot

+Quote Post
Fav
post Apr 18 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #20
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Ok, the above screening now has a guest interview tagged onto it. Tony Curtis is going to appear on stage to be interviewed about Some Like It Hot. It is now sold out: http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southban...aign=20080418sb

Not sure if I would want to be there or not!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 01:43 AM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.