Follow ES on Twitter

Boards rules & guidelines | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Welcome Guest Log In. This is a private community that no longer accept new registrations.

Search on ES with Google :
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Have A Difficult Question (please Don't Think Ill Of Me)
Share |
meganmarilyn
post Sep 9 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #41
Everlasting Star

Group Icon

Marilyn gave her life to us being a movie icon. We all lived our fantasies thru her. Now, the one thing she had of her own (which was her body), we want to tamper with? Leave her alone. Next thing you know, people will want her remains on display just like King Tutankhamun. Let's put her body behind glass so we can make alot of money, that way we can make her the ultimate public property, if she wasn't already.

This post has been edited by meganmarilyn: Sep 9 2007, 03:02 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File ex1.jpg ( 105.84K )Number of downloads: 44

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tara
post Sep 9 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #42
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

I agree Megan, we should let Marilyn rest in peace.

+Quote Post
pinup
post Sep 9 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #43
Ultimate fan

Group Icon

yes i agree megan i just dont get why they dont just do tests on hair that was taken from her autopsy, it would but a lot of rumours to rest. Then again so many people make a living off the marilyn conspiracys ie books, tours, documentarys etc that maybe that is wy they wont do any tests?

+Quote Post
Tara
post Sep 9 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #44
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

It's a no-win situation IMO. Whatever the outcome of tests, rumours will continue.

+Quote Post
dwane
post Sep 9 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #45
I'm trying so hard...

Group Icon

i hate to say it but, i don't really want to know how marilyn died. i respect her too much. i love her for whi she was, not how she died.

+Quote Post
nzmermaid
post Oct 30 2007, 04:45 AM
Post #46
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

It will never be conclusive regardless of exhumation or not.

But I think Greenson contributed massively and Eunice Murray did too to Marilyn's death. Like Diana, there will always be controversy surrounding it. I think there is a lot of truth in this article :

(IMG:http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~watchorn/marilynmag.jpg)

I corresponded with Anthony Summers over this article, who said he may write another book on Marilyn yet. I know some people don't like him but he immediately did some research on this as he hadn't seen this information before and was quite interested, this was last year. The thing he came up with is that there is no death certificate for Eunice Murray anywhere . . . . which is really wierd. He went through all the registers.

+Quote Post
Marilyn Fanatic
post Nov 3 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #47
Super admirer

Group Icon

The thing he came up with is that there is no death certificate for Eunice Murray anywhere . . . . which is really wierd. He went through all the registers.

One more mystery to add to the story. I think Eunice knew exactly what happened that night and
she took it to her grave. No one thought it was odd that Marilyn fired her that day, too??

I don't think we will ever know what happened because most of the people are
dead and the few who are talking-- no one believes them. Slatzer had plenty to say before he
died, but no one thought he was legit. Jeanne Carmen talks and again not many people believe
her. I am probably in the minority because I do think Jeanne knew Marilyn and left Hollywood
right after her death because she knew too much. She is a smart lady and why would she speak up
about her friendship with Marilyn until she felt it was safe?

+Quote Post
nzmermaid
post Nov 3 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #48
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

I asked Anthony Summers about what he thought of Slatzer, his words were "I expected him to be a complete charleton, but he wasn't, I believe he did know Marilyn, but he was an exaggerater".

Although, as someone stated on another thread (The Greenson one), its unlikely a truly big/truthful story would break via a woman's magazine, certain things do add up to me.

The "love triangle" makes sense as motivation for Eunice's spying for Greenson and also Greenson saying he thought Marilyn was a miserable creature sounds similiar to other things he has in fact said about her - very disparaging and belittling assumptions about her, things he said to his collegues, that she was pathetic, unstable etc.

Also, its the best explanation I have heard so far as to what bought Eunice's silence for so long, as in her actual unwitting involvement, (you couldn't find a better motivation to keep your mouth shut).

There is the fact that this came out some time ago and yet this theory can still fit with newer information and theories (that I have read anyway). If this article was fabricated, most of the information in it agrees with the more plausible theories out there. How would a journalist or two get into such thorough research on the subject just to fabricate some article that seems ok for a woman's magazine?

For example, I read the book about the supposed reincarnation (Sherrie Lea Laird) and the research was rubbish, yet the good Doc thought he had done really well, but as someone who didn't really know that much about Monroe, he chose all the wrongs books for his "research" - the ones none of us respect like old lovers who "spilled the beans" (Ted Jordan was one of his main references).

Whoever wrote this article either knew their stuff via the right books or got the story from the "horses mouth". (IMO)

This post has been edited by nzmermaid: Nov 3 2007, 12:21 PM

+Quote Post
Tara
post Nov 3 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #49
Glittering Mist

Group Icon

Thanks for the article Pauline, I'm going to read it and comment more later. Very strange about Mrs Murray's death not being registered.

+Quote Post
nzmermaid
post Nov 4 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #50
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

QUOTE(TheDuke @ Nov 3 2007, 06:12 AM) *
Finding out exactly what happened to Marilyn would have one of three effects.

1. If she suicided, then her memory will be forever tarnished.

2. If she was murdered then the impotent rage of not being able to punish the person responsible will overshadow her legacy.

3. If it was an accident then the feeling of "Jeez, she was dumb" will overshadow her.

I'd rather not know.

I agree with you there - about the three possible conclusions, one of which MUST be true, but which? I think great people are greater than whatever finished them off though. I tend to think this was entirely fated in many ways. To be preserved forever in photographs at a still relatively young age may even be something Marilyn thought about and fitted well with her entire ambition and desire to be what she was and is to the world, history and her place in it as the biggest legend - quite a legacy, but difficult to achieve, especially for a woman, when beauty was her main trading point with talent second. Different for a male acting legend, he is allowed wrinkles and can die a legend at the age of 80 and still be just that.

We all must die and in a way usually not of our own choosing. I don't think our deaths define us, our lives do. Whether she suicided, accidentally or otherwise or was murdered it would never change my opinion of her, which is very positive but totally aware of her human flaws too.

I think Marilyn contributed to her own death, whichever of the above options is the truth, in the people that she chose to be around her, poor choices indeed.

+Quote Post
nzmermaid
post Nov 4 2007, 02:49 AM
Post #51
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

She achieved incredibly, considering how ill-prepared she was by her upbringing, difficult role models etc, to deal with the the wiles and politics of Hollywood and its characters. That she "made it" despite being perpetually 16 - surrounded by vultures and some friends, shows just how special a soul she was. Arthur Miller said something along the lines of her frail and vulnerable appearance must hide some kind of steel to have survived in hollywood (definitely not an exact quote). It was one of the things he found remarkable about her.

+Quote Post
nzmermaid
post Nov 4 2007, 05:56 AM
Post #52
Marilyn addict

Group Icon

- and she just figured it out on August 4, who the bad guys were . . . . .

+Quote Post
lillis3
post Nov 4 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #53
Super admirer

Group Icon

QUOTE(jennie2000 @ Sep 9 2006, 07:54 PM) *
Is there anything left of her body to get answers from? DNA can tell if these people are her daughter, but the main reason to exhume her body would be to find out what really happened the night she died. Does anything remain of the body that could reveal that? Most people (non-Marilyn devotees) believe she committed suicide, she's as famous for her sex appeal as her "tragic death", "died from an overdose", "killed herself". But what if she didn't? To a lot of people she's a tragic sex icon, but what if it was never her time to go, if someone did this to her? If they think they can find out, then go for it. Find out. It doesn't matter if most people never know about it, and still believed it was suicide. It would be justice for Marilyn. If only a few people knew the truth that would be enough. As it is, noone does. But if they're not 100% certain they can reveal something, leave her be.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/throb.gif) Molly

Well spoken Molly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/marilynbybrandon_190.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_jennie2000_*
post Nov 5 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #54

QUOTE(lillis3 @ Nov 4 2007, 06:42 AM) *

Did I really say that a year ago?
I'll have to agree with someone else here who said not long ago that their comments had come back to haunt them.
I'll have to see what I said,
if I disagree with myself I let you know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th September 2020 - 01:41 PM
This Marilyn Community is sponsored by:

Marilyn Emoticons and all Marilyn related icons and buttons © Brandon Heidrick 2003-2009, Twitter icon by IconTexto.com
Avatars contributed by : Paju of Love Marilyn, Nina of Marilyn Online, Marloes of Marilynfan.org, Faith of starleticons_, Jeharsy, Ariane, and Missy.
Header image by Marina.